FT 9-04: A resolution to tighten federal gun control laws (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:15:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 9-04: A resolution to tighten federal gun control laws (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 9-04: A resolution to tighten federal gun control laws (Passed)  (Read 1546 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« on: November 08, 2018, 09:46:02 PM »

I urge the chamber to look favourably on this bill.
This bill calls on the federal government to introduce common sense gun control, to try prevent the deaths of the thousands who die from firearms each year.
We do need to debate the specific measures I am calling for, as I do want to make sure this bill is agreeable for all, as resolutions cannot be vetoed this vote shall be final.
If any of you (except you YE, with the greatest possible respect, we all know that you hate this and if you could veto it you would.) have problems with any of the 3 measures I am calling for, could you please voice your concerns so we can debate the merits of all 3 measures.
Thank you all, and I urge you all to vote Aye.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 10:36:44 PM »

So, everyone, I need you to answer these three questions on possible changes:

1. Should we push for mandatory background checks?

2. Should we push for a federal gun registry?

3. Should we push for a ban on Assault Weapons, Automatic and Semi-Automatic firearms?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:04:48 PM »

Do you even know what this word means? You are calling for a ban of like 200 MILLION guns in private hands. If we can't even deport 11 million illegal immigrants how in the hell are we gonna round up 200 million guns that are concealable, last hundreds of years if maintained, and don't required food, sleep, or air to survive? Imagine how many new prisons we'd have to build to even accommodate half of the people who don't surrender their guns to the federal Gestapo. This is also a retarded bill.

I am not pushing for criminal punishments for failing to hand over guns. My preferred scheme would be a gun buyback, with limited grandfathering just to make it easier.
People who failed to hand over guns would not incur criminal punishments unless they used their guns in an unlawful manner. This is more about stopping new guns and stopping the purchase of current guns.
Also, just because I'm calling on Congress to implement it doesn't mean they will.
Also, my colleagues may want to remove this from the resolution.
Also, fear-mongering much, comparing gun control to the Gestapo?
Also, don't forget your apostrophes.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 12:58:41 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2018, 01:02:12 AM by AustralianSwingVoter »

Your entire Nazi Fascist Hitler gun control platform is based on fearmongering. Well that and obliterating the bill of rights and personal freedom.

Today I learned that Gun Control is Nazi Fascist Hitler.
Also, I got a new thing to put in the signature!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 12:45:52 AM »

3. Should we push for a ban on Assault Weapons, Automatic and Semi-Automatic firearms?
Yes, there is absolutely no need for anyone to have semi-automatic firearms.

Since almost all guns are semiautomatic why qualify the type? Just be honest and say you dont think anyone should have ANY gun, because thats what you are saying.

There is no need for anyone to have a gun like an AR-15 or even a Pistol. What are you going to do with them? There's no way you're going hunting with an AR-15.

Actually, lots of people go hunting with an AR-15. It's a fairly common choice for hunting (as well as guns that are the exact same in all but appearance). Another example, while not necessarily an AR, most native tribes in Alaska use functionally identical firearms to hunt, and need these weapons in order to survive.

But do they have to use a AR-15? Why can't they just use a normal bolt action rifle?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »

I motion for a final vote.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 12:37:58 AM »

Are we really done debating here? Is the plan to ram this on a 3-2 vote?
What is there left to debate? It's a pretty short resolution, and all 5 members have inputed their opinions. What is there left to do?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 12:48:57 AM »

Are we really done debating here? Is the plan to ram this on a 3-2 vote?

ASV has already proven he's incapable of defending his position on this, and doesn't care who disagrees with him.

The lack of care shown in regards to getting this issue right is not encouraging, and I will do everything I can to stop passage of these measures that have unintended consequences, although I can't in this case since resolutions aren't vetoable.

Every member has made their opinions on each of the 3 measures clear in this thread. I don't see what is left to debate, especially considering this is a resolution.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 08:03:44 PM »

Mr. Speaker, the 24 hours are up with no objections, so may you please open the final vote.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 09:12:19 PM »

AYE
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 10:10:08 PM »

Mr. Speaker, all 5 members have now voted, the vote may now be closed and the slot vacated, as as this is a resolution the First Minister does not need to sign it (and conversely, cannot veto it).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies