Opinion of Justin Trudeau
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:46:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Justin Trudeau
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: FF or HP?
FF (Democrat/left-winger)

HP (Democrat/left-winger)

FF (independent/centrist)

HP (independent/centrist)

FF (Republican/right-winger)

HP (Republican/right-winger)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Opinion of Justin Trudeau  (Read 1237 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 06:45:56 AM »

I don't have any specific names, but I have a gut feeling that the way things are progressing under the Trudeau administration could eventually lead to Canada being led by someone who is like the Canadian equivalent of Donald Trump.

Doug Ford is the name that comes to mind.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 06:53:24 AM »

HP, but still the best leader of the G7 and an improvement over Harper.

NO, HE IS NOT!!!!!!!! HE IS A MASSIVE MASSIVE DETERATION, THE WORST THING EVER TO HAPPEN TO CANADA.

Well, I wasn't convinced but the caps lock proves it.

Trudeau is a meme man. I honestly can't work out why he agitates conservatives so much, given he basically does nothing but make pompous speeches. Which sure is irritating, but hardly justifies the apocalyptic rage thrown his way by the Tory base.

(In short, he's the inverse of Harper. Both figures inspired quite visceral anger amongst their ideological opposite cadre while actually being bland non entities irl).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 07:02:08 AM »

Calm down Liam.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 07:08:42 AM »

He's okay. Pretty good policy wise but I can't deny he gets on my nerves a bit sometimes. Probably the best G7 leader although that says more about how bad the competition is rather than anything about him.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »

I don't have any specific names, but I have a gut feeling that the way things are progressing under the Trudeau administration could eventually lead to Canada being led by someone who is like the Canadian equivalent of Donald Trump.

Doug Ford unlike Trump is an FF, and I would easily support him if he was the Tory leader.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »

Doug Ford unlike Trump is an FF, and I would easily support him if he was the Tory leader.

Yes, yes, we get the distinction in regards to immigration. That said, what are your thoughts on his climate policies?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »

Yes, yes, we get the distinction in regards to immigration. That said, what are your thoughts on his climate policies?

I oppose the carbon tax as well
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 04:28:59 PM »

What do you view as Canada’s best way forward with regard to environmental policy? I’m not up on the latest in public policy research, but it seems that any attempt to regulate emissions would have to hurt the consumer at some point.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2018, 04:37:58 PM »

What do you view as Canada’s best way forward with regard to environmental policy? I’m not up on the latest in public policy research, but it seems that any attempt to regulate emissions would have to hurt the consumer at some point.

Investing in green technology research and some types of subsidies to alternative energy companies
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2018, 04:58:34 PM »

Trudeau's approach of a carbon tax plus consumer rebates is the best way to go IMO. I'm a bit dubious about some parts of its implementation, but it seems the least instrusive of any of the major approaches available. Its like one of three Trudeau policies I support haha.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2018, 06:22:28 PM »

Trudeau's approach of a carbon tax plus consumer rebates is the best way to go IMO. I'm a bit dubious about some parts of its implementation, but it seems the least instrusive of any of the major approaches available. Its like one of three Trudeau policies I support haha.

What would be the other two?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2018, 02:16:55 PM »

What would be the other two?

1) Reforming and expanding our convoluted child benefits system. Previously there were a hodge podge of different programs. Now there is one monthly, tax free payment to parents based on their household income. It tops out at $550/month/kid for families making under $30,000.

2) Expanding the Canada Pension Plan (our version of Social Security) to cover more of the middle class. Right now you stop paying into the plan and earning pension around $50,000. There's a large chunk of people who make more than that who weren't saving anything, which would be a big political problem down the line. When its all said and done, people will be forced to pay in up to $80,000 or so.
Independents against George Santos
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2018, 02:32:29 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length