WaPo new Rankings 1-15
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:45:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  WaPo new Rankings 1-15
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WaPo new Rankings 1-15  (Read 2680 times)
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -6.26

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2018, 11:56:59 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/09/top-democratic-presidential-candidates-ranked/?utm_term=.a51e24da9acc

The Washington Post has just released a list of the top 15 candidates for 2020
15. John Delaney
14. Michael Avenatti
13. Deval Patrick
12. Hillary Clinton
11. Amy Klobuchar
10. Terry McAuliffe
9. Michael Bloomberg
8. Beto O'Rourke
7. Sherrod Brown
6. Kirsten Gillbrand
5. Cory Booker
4. Joe Biden
3. Kamala Harris
2. Bernie Sanders
1. Elizabeth Warren
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »

yeah plz nominate warren the person who lost a county in MASS against a joke tier candidate with a joke tier 3rd party candidate on the ballot too.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 12:42:18 PM »

Garbage list
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »

Elizabeth Warren is a sure way to lose the presidency and probably Congress again.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 01:15:53 PM »

Delaney? Avenatti? Patrick? Hillary? McAuliffe? Bloomberg? LOL.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 01:16:13 PM »

Elizabeth Warren is a sure way to lose the presidency and probably Congress again.

Barely breaking 60% in white college educated RSISTANCE land in a D+7 environment against a nobody Republican is really bad. And the whole Native American DNA thing and Pocahontas label is justifiably hilarious.

She would be an awful candidate, yes.
CherokeeDem
UnbakedCake
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 01:19:00 PM »

Any list that puts HRC higher than Bullock, Garcetti, O'Malley, Castro, and Swalwell while only one behind Klobucher is a joke list. Even if you hate all of those  are infinitely more likely to win the nomination than Clinton. This list purley exists so idiots like us will talk about it and be mad. Guilty as charged.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 01:20:21 PM »

I don't want anyone from 9 to 15 (although i don't know McAuliffe and Patrick enough, and Klobuchar isn't "terrible", but not great either). Warren has no chance. I don't want Booker and Biden either (although Booker is in favour of legalizing weed, which is a big pro to me). I have my doubts over Gillibrand and Brown too. Is Brown really a progressive? To me, it's clear. Sanders and O'Rourke are the best candidates. Harris is okay too, but i'll need a guarantee that she's progressive enough, and doesn't flip flop all the time on issues, and she'll have to explain her controversy about Mnuchin.
JG

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 02:39:16 PM »

I don't want anyone from 9 to 15 (although i don't know McAuliffe and Patrick enough, and Klobuchar isn't "terrible", but not great either). Warren has no chance. I don't want Booker and Biden either (although Booker is in favour of legalizing weed, which is a big pro to me). I have my doubts over Gillibrand and Brown too. Is Brown really a progressive? To me, it's clear. Sanders and O'Rourke are the best candidates. Harris is okay too, but i'll need a guarantee that she's progressive enough, and doesn't flip flop all the time on issues, and she'll have to explain her controversy about Mnuchin.

Are you really doubting Brown's progressive bonafides while supporting O'Rourke who was a member of the New Democrats caucus?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »

Are you really doubting Brown's progressive bonafides while supporting O'Rourke who was a member of the New Democrats caucus?

O'Rourke today is probably the most far-left candidate out there. Running of Medicare-for-all, abolishing ICE, No PAC money along with positions like impeaching Trump. In 2018, O'Rourke is to the left of Sanders & Warren & Brown !

That said a losing Senate candidate has no chance. In a 100 years, a House Member to President has not happened !
Chinggis
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 03:10:01 PM »

O'Rourke today is probably the most far-left candidate out there. Running of Medicare-for-all, abolishing ICE, No PAC money along with positions like impeaching Trump. In 2018, O'Rourke is to the left of Sanders & Warren & Brown !

That said a losing Senate candidate has no chance. In a 100 years, a House Member to President has not happened !

He got 48% in TEXAS running on that platform. As for historical precedents, President Trump says hello.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 03:17:36 PM »

I know I'm the board's resident Amy Klobuchar hack, but how on Earth is she behind McAuliffe and Bloomberg?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »

I know I'm the board's resident Amy Klobuchar hack, but how on Earth is she behind McAuliffe and Bloomberg?

Because the list was written by a moron who writes for WaPo
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 04:57:49 PM »

Warren is almost a perfect replica of Kennedy, not John, Ted. A Liberal Lion in the senate, but not really the best presidential material. The fact that she actually lost a county(seriously, what the f***) just proves it.

I would personally have Sanders, Biden, Harris, Brown(even though he also underpreformed) and Beto on my list.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 05:05:00 PM »

Warren is almost a perfect replica of Kennedy, not John, Ted. A Liberal Lion in the senate, but not really the best presidential material. The fact that she actually lost a county(seriously, what the f***) just proves it.

I would personally have Sanders, Biden, Harris, Brown(even though he also underpreformed) and Beto on my list.

Crazy how Warren lost the most Republican county in the state, Plymouth County, to a Republican who represents the 7th Plymouth district.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »

Crazy how Warren lost the most Republican county in the state, Plymouth County, to a Republican who represents the 7th Plymouth district.

Yeah, actually, it is crazy. Democrats, usually, have a range of around 63-67% in the state of MA, with Plymoth and Worcester being the two weakest counties for Dems. Warren completely underpreformed such margins, and instead lost a county. Even when Ted Kennedy faced Romney, one of the weakest performances for Senate Dems in recent history, he still won every county. The only Dem in recent memory to have lost counties in a reelection bid was John Kerry in 1996, and there was a reason for this. He was facing Bill Weld.

Sorry, but this performance is rather embarrassing.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 05:29:36 PM »

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 06:22:35 PM »

Gerald Ford had never won a statewide election.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 07:43:03 PM »

Yeah, actually, it is crazy. Democrats, usually, have a range of around 63-67% in the state of MA, with Plymoth and Worcester being the two weakest counties for Dems. Warren completely underpreformed such margins, and instead lost a county. Even when Ted Kennedy faced Romney, one of the weakest performances for Senate Dems in recent history, he still won every county. The only Dem in recent memory to have lost counties in a reelection bid was John Kerry in 1996, and there was a reason for this. He was facing Bill Weld.

Sorry, but this performance is rather embarrassing.

When was the last time a Democrat has won 63% or more in MA?  John Kerry's Senate race in 2008?
60% is in line with the past two presidential elections.
Admittedly, you'd probably want someone like Klobuchar who can attract a significantly greater percentage in a home state election than presidential candidates.   

As for losing one county by a small amount and making it up somewhere else, it isn't relevant in itself unless that county map says something particular about where Democrats need to be able to win. I don't see how Plymouth fits that description.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/09/top-democratic-presidential-candidates-ranked/?utm_term=.a51e24da9acc

The Washington Post has just released a list of the top 15 candidates for 2020
15. John Delaney
14. Michael Avenatti
13. Deval Patrick
12. Hillary Clinton
11. Amy Klobuchar
10. Terry McAuliffe
9. Michael Bloomberg
8. Beto O'Rourke
7. Sherrod Brown
6. Kirsten Gillbrand
5. Cory Booker
4. Joe Biden
3. Kamala Harris
2. Bernie Sanders
1. Elizabeth Warren

Sane list:
1. Kamala Harris
2. Beto O'Rourke
3. Joe Biden
4. Bernie Sanders
5. Cory Booker
6. Sherrod Brown
7. Amy Klobuchar
8. Elizabeth Warren
9. Kristen Gillibrand
10. Deval Patrick

Nobody else has much of a chance, and in the end I think the top 3 are the only ones that last past Super Tuesday, possibly just Harris and O'Rourke. We'll see, it's still a year out.
Snipee356
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.65

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 08:48:10 PM »

1. Tammy Baldwin
2. Kamala Harris
3. Sherrod Brown (shouldn't run though)
4. Jeff Merkley
5. Amy Klobuchar
6. Beto O'Rourke
7. Kirsten Gillibrand
8. John Hickenlooper
9. Sheldon Whitehouse (+5 points just from his name)
10. Cory Booker
11. Bernie Sanders
12. Joe Biden
13. Deval Patrick
14. Hillary Clinton
15. Elizabeth Warren
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 08:54:48 PM »

1. Kyrsten Sinema
2. Neil Abercrombie
3. Joe Lieberman
4. Christine Gregoire
5. Tulsi Gabbard
6. Bobby Rush
7. Cheri Bustos
8. Mark Zuckerberg
9. Jon Tester
10. Elizabeth Warren
11. Sherrod Brown
12. Andrew Gillum
13. Joe Biden
14. Chris Murphy
15. Beto O'Rourke
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 08:54:51 PM »

Except for Beto and Klobuchar, the rest of the list is complete horsesh**t.

This is why I think Trump is going to get re-elected in 2020.  You guys have one of the thinnest benches I've ever witnessed.  Your current bench is even worse than 2004.  Trump would eat most of these people alive.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 08:57:42 PM »

Delaney? Avenatti? Patrick? Hillary? McAuliffe? Bloomberg? LOL.
Yeah, none of these people are coming close to the nomination.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 09:16:55 PM »

Avenatti has a serious chance, in my opinion.  More so than Deval Patrick.  Deval Patrick will certainly not be the Democratic nominee.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies