Counties where economic class is more of a factor than race?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:51:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Counties where economic class is more of a factor than race?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Counties where economic class is more of a factor than race?  (Read 482 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »

How would I describe this?

Do you know of counties in the good ol' U.S. of A. where things tend to break more along economic lines than racial lines? I'm thinking Campbell County KY is one of them. This is a 97% white county, but for years, most of the bigoted remarks from rich white right-wingers have focused on economic levels more so than race. Yes, these right-wingers are racist, but they bring up the economic stuff first, even regarding whites.

Their main geographic targets of criticism are the cities of Newport, Bellevue, and Dayton, which have gobs and gobs of poor whites, which they are always targeting for gentrification land grabs. I myself have been a target of their classism for decades.

On all the precinct-level maps that I've seen of Campbell County, the poor white areas vote well to the left of the rich white areas.

But if you go right across the river to the Ohio suburbs of Cincinnati, race probably is indeed discussed a lot more.
AudmanOut
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 06:10:54 AM »

In the modern day? Almost none! There’s probably a couple of them but I can’t think of one off the top of my head.
This would be easier 20 maybe even 10 years ago
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies