Ultimatum to Southern Delegates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:17:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ultimatum to Southern Delegates
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ultimatum to Southern Delegates  (Read 601 times)
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »

Delegates who fail to improve their activity levels by next monday will be recalled (or resign)!

A recent bill had a 48 hour final vote with noone voting. The speaker election had only one vote. The governor is the only one who has proposed bills.

Your inactivity is a disservice to the people who put faith in you! Don't expect to keep your seat if you won't do your job.

Sorry if you have personal issues that restrict your activity, but the South can't go any longer with such little activity.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »

Come on Delegates ... I plan on eventually rerunning for Southern Chamber but im still swamped right now. Power through.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:08:56 PM »

Lincoln hasn't had activity in a week, the South has an almost non-existent legislature despite an active Governor and only Fremont appears to be in a healthy position (the irony) partly due to some dedicated and promising new officeholders.

At the risk of sounding alarmist (yet again), when you add to that the glaring lack of activity from some federal officeholders and institutions I think we're on course for a major crisis of apathy.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 06:57:00 PM »

Lincoln hasn't had activity in a week, the South has an almost non-existent legislature despite an active Governor and only Fremont appears to be in a healthy position (the irony) partly due to some dedicated and promising new officeholders.

At the risk of sounding alarmist (yet again), when you add to that the glaring lack of activity from some federal officeholders and institutions I think we're on course for a major crisis of apathy.

Unfortunately, you are right. It seems like this part of the year is bad for activity in general. Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't recall it being THIS bad this time last year.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 07:03:11 PM »

Unfortunately, you are right. It seems like this part of the year is bad for activity in general. Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't recall it being THIS bad this time last year.
Yeah, it seems like things last December/January were slower than February onwards, but I can't say I know what was going on last November. Still, I would be interested in discussing possible solutions.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 07:04:48 PM »

Also, the same goes for Lincoln.

But really, you both need to up your act. Us Fremonters are blowing you out of the water activity wise.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 07:19:31 PM »

I think people are burnt out from IRL US mid-terms.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 07:31:50 PM »

This is really disappointing. I totally understand that people have real life concerns but they should be able to do the bare minimum and pay attention to the office they were entrusted with. If they can't do that they shouldn't be in office. It's about time the South has strong active leadership, and I hope all officeholders in the South and Atlasia step up their game and/or the Atlasian people consider this when deciding who to elect.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 11:23:30 PM »

I will gladly support recalling these folks. This is absolutely unacceptable. Being active in regional legislature isn't all that time consuming, especially if you at least do the bare minimum. At this point, since no one has posted a valid LOA, no one has a single excuse to be this lazy. Either step up your game or get out.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies