TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:03:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2020 Megathread: Early Voting  (Read 54118 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: November 20, 2018, 05:50:36 PM »

Obviously what is best for O'Rourke's family is that they move into the White House as soon as possible.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:30:09 AM »

[...]

It is not impossible. 2.5% is not that hard.

It depends. It can be, especially if the party was already in a hole in the state and that 2.5% gap was a banner year, meaning it took everything they had just to get to that point.

That being said, Texas being competitive in 2020 and beyond certainly looks a lot more likely now.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 04:48:47 PM »

if i'm Chuck Schumer - i'd be calling up henry cuellar to ask him to run

Putting aside his qualities or lack thereof as a potential statewide candidate, he voted with Trump 68.8% of the time in the 115th Congress despite representing a Safe D seat. I can only imagine what it would be if he went on to represent the entire state of Texas in the Senate.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 05:59:16 PM »

Cuellar is a lloyd bentsen democrat. That's kind of what you need to win statewide. I mean if O'Rourke can win Williamson and Tarrant and still lose the state - that Texas is a tougher nut to crack than previously thought.

Or the electorate is still not quite there yet for Democrats. Let's not forget it's Texas we're talking about. The fact that it is where it is right now is pretty remarkable.

This reminds me of the classic red state moderate Democrat dilemma. Why do they still loose even when Democrats put up someone who gave in so much to conservatives? Because the voters don't care about ideology. They aren't sitting there carefully reviewing a politician's record. It's so much dumber than that. At this point, it's basically a numbers game. Either the electorate has enough Democrats and faux-Indies or it doesn't. Throw in a small sliver of voters who actually do switch between parties, and that is anywhere, USA in a nutshell.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies