Who is the Dem mystery recruit in TX-24?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:39:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who is the Dem mystery recruit in TX-24?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will Kenny Marchant (R) win re-election in TX-24?
He will win re-election

He will lose

He will retire and a Democrat will win

He will retire and a Republican will win

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Who is the Dem mystery recruit in TX-24?  (Read 1470 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 11:11:30 PM »

He's retiring and a Republican will win the election to replace him.

TBH, Marchant is a stronger candidate than any other local Republican would be. They'd be crazy to replace him and have the seat be an open seat. At least he has some name recognition: there are people who pass exit signs for Marchant Boulevard every day on their commute. (I only mean this last part half-jokingly: given how little the guy does, the highway exit named after him is the main way people will encounter his name, but it is at least a way they're encountering his name)
Ik you live there but I disagree. Marchant seems like another lazy incumvent. If ted poe ran I think he would have only by 5 or 6 points.Crenshaw was a youthful energetic charismatic candidate and he won a tied cruz beto district by 9 points. Depending on the candidate I think the Republican might do better than Marchant .
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 11:46:48 PM »

He's retiring and a Republican will win the election to replace him.

TBH, Marchant is a stronger candidate than any other local Republican would be. They'd be crazy to replace him and have the seat be an open seat. At least he has some name recognition: there are people who pass exit signs for Marchant Boulevard every day on their commute. (I only mean this last part half-jokingly: given how little the guy does, the highway exit named after him is the main way people will encounter his name, but it is at least a way they're encountering his name)
Ik you live there but I disagree. Marchant seems like another lazy incumvent. If ted poe ran I think he would have only by 5 or 6 points.Crenshaw was a youthful energetic charismatic candidate and he won a tied cruz beto district by 9 points. Depending on the candidate I think the Republican might do better than Marchant .

I don't live in TX-24 (though I end up in it multiple times a day almost every day, due to where the lines are), I live in TX-32. But the problem with Marchant is that, while he's a nobody, there isn't really a GOP bench in the area, especially after 2018. The GOP's best hope here is basically praying that Marchant wins in 2020 and drawing him a much safer seat afterwards, which is definitely possible. If he loses, well, redistricting will help because of the obscene growth rate of that area and TX-33's likely exile into becoming a Fort Worth only district in the next cycle. They could make a Dem sink TX-24 containing the West Dallas/Carrollton areas it currently has plus Irving/Grand Prairie from TX-33 and just create a new GOP district anchored in Flower Mound reaching down and scooping up the Tarrant parts of the current TX-24.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies