Democratic Leadership Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:57:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democratic Leadership Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Leadership Elections  (Read 26499 times)
henster
YaBB God

« on: November 14, 2018, 07:43:58 PM »

Fudge is apparently running but I think the strategy is to force her to withdraw completely and not necessarily put up a candidate. I could see more serious people like Hakeem Jeffries or Cedric Richmond running if Pelosi were forced out.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 01:59:41 PM »

Fudge is apparently just one of two House Democrats who refuses to cosponsor the Equality Act.

The other, of course, being Dan Lipinski.

So if this is who the anti-Pelosi faction is unifying around, I'm not surprised.

Yes, Fudge is totally anti-LGBT because she didn't co sponsor a bill...

henster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 02:07:44 PM »

Fudge is apparently just one of two House Democrats who refuses to cosponsor the Equality Act.

The other, of course, being Dan Lipinski.

So if this is who the anti-Pelosi faction is unifying around, I'm not surprised.

Yes, Fudge is totally anti-LGBT because she didn't co sponsor a bill...

Yes, in fact cosponsoring and supporting things in terms of votes is more important to the efforts for equality than wearing some face paint and making some public statements.

Nothing in her record suggests she's anti-LGBT in anyway, this is like saying if a member doesn't vote for a omnibus they don't want to fund cancer research or whatever else is stuffed in a budget.

http://www.ontheissues.org/OH/Marcia_Fudge_Civil_Rights.htm
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:51:33 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It is.

This is why it is hilarious and sad how some dumb progressives on here are cheering this on. If Ryan and Moulton get their way, Democrats will be cutting deals with R's like it is 2001. If that happens, I don't want to hear from these people anymore.

This is a generational thing more than a ideological one.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 10:45:03 PM »

I fear Pelosi has the same mindset as Feinstein and other fossils in Congress, they'll cling to power so long as they're alive and are only leaving Congress in a coffin. I think the rebels see this too, do you really think she's just going to retire after 2020 if Dems keep the House?
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 02:34:06 PM »

Spanberger also doesn't appear to be budging either after meeting Pelosi, she's a hard no vote on the floor.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 06:53:07 PM »

Moulton is simply challenging the status quoa I appreciate him stepping up because it's ridiculous all of leadership is pushing 80. This is necessary because it sends Pelosi and others a message that she can't be speaker for another decade or however long she wants.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 04:24:04 PM »

Why would Pelosi make any concessions to this moron?

To give the freshman more breathing room, there are still 10 or 12 'safe' Dems who aren't voting for her if they all do then the freshman who pledged not to vote Pelosi should be fine.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 12:18:31 PM »

I can see Jeffries being Speaker in the near future maybe even a couple years from now.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »

So Moulton's rebellion wasn't all for naught he got something at least and I really like the term limit for committees idea.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 11:22:49 PM »

How sure are we that this could pass?

The personal assurance that put her over the top seems to be that she's committed herself to staying on for a max of two more terms.

But Hoyer and Clyburn are going to be free to whip against it.

This could be nothing more than a verbal agreement, really.

I mean it's bad for Hoyer and Clyburn but everyone else I'm not so sure. Who benefits from Hoyer and Clyburn perpetually staying in power besides them?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies