Democratic Leadership Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:18:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democratic Leadership Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Leadership Elections  (Read 26533 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: November 28, 2018, 04:42:25 PM »

Right. I don't think you actually understand what the left is looking for. Also it's doubtful Jeffries is actually a progressive, and if he calls himself one, is just that out of political expediency - something that many centrists/non-progressives have taken to because it's in vogue. This was posted on AAD:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And as I posted over there as well, this was Jeffries prior to politics:

lol?

If Jeffries is a "progressive," then I guess we have to come up with a new word, because the center has stolen it.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 05:10:35 PM »

Geez guys, settle down. We didnt get Barbara Lee, that sucks, but Jeffries is still the 30th Most Progressive D in the Caucus, and he will be replacing Joe Crowley, a really Centrist Dem. A New Dem, nor a Blue Dog took the seat. We shouldnt be getting ourselves too upset about this.in come the angry comments

I'm not too upset, given the position. But I'm not going to say I am all that enthused about a guy who spent years as a corporate lawyer rising in the ranks, and who in some respects talks like a conservative about the free market / healthcare. Relying on wealthy donors to finance campaigns and the charter school support is also another turnoff but I won't hold the CF against him too much for now, since not every candidate can command a small donor army.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 01:01:01 PM »

Too lazy to find the thread asking about primary challengers for the Pelosi dissenters looking to advance their own interests by challenging her:

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 04:53:30 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2018, 05:53:12 PM by Virginiá »

Or, should Pelosi and her supporters only be concerned about those who target Pelosi personally?

Cuellar would be a good target, sure. I would think that the bare minimum for party loyalty is that you don't go raising money for the other side.

I'm not really invested in Pelosi one way or the other. I'm just more suspicious of Moulton's actual motives.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 10:58:15 PM »

Part of the problem I see is that if 2018 was this polarized, 2020 will probably be even more so in most regions. On the other hand, Democrats really need to target places like MN-01 and MN-08 because we've already plucked almost all the low-hanging fruit.

Also keep in mind that just because Minnesota only went for the Democrat by a couple points does not mean it will do that again. If anything, I could see the Democrat's margin ballooning there as Trump's base-only strategy largely locks him into a range close to what he got before and the 2016 anti-Trump vote consolidates against him. That still leaves him well-positioned in MN-01, but not necessarily by a landslide margin. I think House Democrats will over-perform the top, but it's important the district presidential margins aren't too far towards the right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies