Democratic Leadership Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:31:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democratic Leadership Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Leadership Elections  (Read 26536 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 14, 2018, 11:48:41 PM »

Here are those signed to the anti-Pelosi letter:

Does not include others who have been equality definitive against here: Conor Lamb, Abigail Spanberger, Jason Crow, Andy Kim, etc.

Gross
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »

Here are those signed to the anti-Pelosi letter:

Does not include others who have been equality definitive against here: Conor Lamb, Abigail Spanberger, Jason Crow, Andy Kim, etc.

Gross

expecting Cunningham Rose Van Drew to vote for Pelosi is stupid.

Not as dumb as letting the likes of Ed Perlmutter and Seth Moulton pick the Speaker.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 10:22:23 AM »

Is anyone good running a serious campaign against Clyburn for Majority Whip?  Clyburn’s race-baiting apologism for Conyers’ repeated sexual harassment of multiple female staffers was absolutely disgusting. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 12:10:38 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 10:00:04 AM »

Again. Pelosi is a master at this. She might even be better than McConnell. Too bad Dems had deadweight Harry Reid dragging them down in 2009-2010.

I agree with the first part, but Reid wasn't a deadweight (if nothing else, he deserves credit for building a first-class political machine in Nevada).  The existence of the filibuster meant that Reid had a much harder job than Pelosi; I do think Schumer's an improvement though since he managed to get McCain to vote against the Obamacare repeal (IIRC Schumer was the one who convinced McCain to switch from an "aye" to a "nay" on that).  Blocking the Obamacare repeal bill was a pretty big coup for Senate Democrats.  That said, Pelosi is far more effective than Reid or Schumer.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 01:51:37 PM »

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I guess this isn't going to help her quest to become speaker.

Lance Mason was an Ohio state court judge who was removed from the bench and ultimately convicted and sent to prison for brutally beating his wife in 2014. She divorced him. Marcia Fudge wrote this letter asking that he be treated leniently by the prosecutor. He was later released after serving only nine months.

Just this past week, Lance Mason apparently murdered his now ex-wife.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2018/11/19/former-judge-brutally-assaulted-his-wife-now-shes-dead-hes-been-arrested/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.30fc0649418c

It's a bit of a gotcha, but it's always been clear that Fudge is a consummate player of the insider game and will support bad apples for power.

I honestly think Fudge's support of Mason is worth primarying her over and is a bigger deal than her challenge to Pelosi. Mason allegedly beat his wife so badly she needed reconstructive surgery, and this occured on front of their small children. Fudge, who had served as director of the office of the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor, implored the office she used to work for in the above letter to give him a light sentence. Well, he got a light sentence, got out and allegedly killed his wife and injured a cop while escaping. This is a big deal and shows a ridiculous lack of ethics, critical thinking, decency, leadership, etc on Fudge's part. She is not a leader and doesn't deserve to be one, IMO

Details on the case here: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/20/fudge-letter-criminal-case-1008215

JD should run Nina Turner. It's a perfect opening for them

Nina Turner was almost Jill Stein's VP pick in 2016 and is one of the most (rightly) despised folks in Ohio Democratic politics.  JD would honestly be better off with even just some random activist.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 07:19:52 PM »

Actually Ryan used to be awesome. Whatever happened to this Tim Ryan?
https://youtu.be/cgHkXOEGIvU

I know, right Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 04:19:17 PM »

Why would Pelosi make any concessions to this moron?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 05:27:37 PM »

Why would Pelosi make any concessions to this moron?

To give the freshman more breathing room, there are still 10 or 12 'safe' Dems who aren't voting for her if they all do then the freshman who pledged not to vote Pelosi should be fine.

This has been over for a while, now Moulton's just looking for a face-saving parachute.  Hopefully, he won't get one.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 01:21:55 PM »

Lmao

That really tells you everything you need to know.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 12:18:03 PM »

Jeffries was the right pick.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 01:26:29 PM »

I can see Jeffries being Speaker in the near future maybe even a couple years from now.

He and Ben Ray Lujan look like the early frontrunners.

I don't think Lujan is a serious contender for Speaker tbh (whether he realizes it or not) and while Jeffries was a better pick than Lee for Conference Chair, one can only pray that a charter school hack like him won't be able to rise any higher than that in leadership.  Honestly, Schiff would be my first choice to be Speaker after Pelosi since he's not too old, a reliable liberal, an excellent attack dog, and would generally do a great job, but that may not be in the cards.  Anyway, we've probably still got some time before it makes sense to start talking about a replacement for Pelosi.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 03:26:27 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 05:58:59 PM »

All I know is that it is fabulously hypocritical to be all in for Jeffries, citing a need for "young, new leadership" in the Democratic Party, and then be just as gung ho for Hoyer and Clyburn. Also, who cares about age, it's about values, and Barbara Lee has a strong record of being on the side of progressives, even when that was (and sometimes, continues to be) unpopular.

I want Clyburn and Hoyer replaced too, especially Clyburn (who is objectively a terrible person).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 10:19:08 AM »

Sean Maloney has dropped out of the DCCC chair race.

Good
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2018, 06:11:32 PM by Pope Michael Bolton »

This is so f**king dumb.

The purpose of the DCCC should be to elect Democrats, not to be a mutual protection cartel.

Let's wait and see if this is just an empty statement before getting all riled up; I doubt Lipinski, Moulton, etc will be getting off so easily come 2020.

Or, should Pelosi and her supporters only be concerned about those who target Pelosi personally?

Cuellar would be a good target, sure. I would think that the bare minimum for party loyalty is that you don't go raising money for the other side.

I'm not really invested in Pelosi one way or the other. I'm just more suspicious of Moulton's actual motives.

It's already been tried twice with Cueller, the problem is that he has an insanely large personal vote in Laredo County.  Folks there turn out in droves for him for some reason.  The only way to get rid of him is probably if Laredo County is somehow cut out of the district.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 06:51:52 AM »

Cicilline is the worst one on that list. Ugh. He's awful and frankly its a surprise he's not gone to prison yet.

I’d say Clyburn’s worse, but Cicilline is pretty corrupt.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 10:03:20 AM »

Politico: Pelosi creates new leadership position for Barbara Lee

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, it's not caucus chair, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

If Lee gets to do what Pelosi claims the post will do, I’d argue Lee got the more important position.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 03:42:00 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »

Ugh, horrible idea
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 12:38:50 PM »

There is nothing wrong with running Feehan or Londrigan again in races that were decided by less then 1%, lol. Just because it doesn't fit your racist hick narrative doesn't mean it can't happen.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 08:09:58 AM »

I wouldn't really group MN-01 and IL-13 in the same category. I could see IL-13 flipping if 2020 is a great year for Dems. MN-01 is obviously safe R. If you seriously believe that Dems can beat a Republican incumbent in a Trump +15 heavily R trending district while Trump is on the ballot when they just failed to win it as an open seat in a D+9 environment while benefitting from Walz at the top of the ticket, you're beyond delusional.

Ordinarily you'd be right, but Hagedorn really is that weak an incumbent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies