So lets discuss which Democratic Representatives need to be primaried in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:20:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  So lets discuss which Democratic Representatives need to be primaried in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: So lets discuss which Democratic Representatives need to be primaried in 2020  (Read 9976 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2018, 12:15:39 AM »

After their decision to play saboteur before even taking office with their scheme to primary long-term incumbents,

This argument reeks of entitlement.

Also, has anybody mentioned Josh Gottheimer yet? I know he represents a Republican PVI district, but the Democrats should not have officeholders who explicitly articulate well-heeled suburbanite cultural superiority complexes the way Gottheimer did with his "Anti-Moocher Bill" stunt. He's basically Congressman IceSpear.

gottheimer is now my favorite rep in NJ after Lance lost
Smith is way too so con and too economically liberal for me
the rest of the NJ delegation besides Sherill is pretty liberal too so yeah.

That anti moocher bill was glorius and why I love him.  those racist MS hicks.

1. Smith is probably the best (or least bad) House Republican, and arguably the only FF in the New Jersey delegation between Rush Holt retiring and Andy Kim getting elected.
2. You really adore the phrase "racist hicks", don't you? Out of curiosity, what are some of your other favorite phrases or words? My favorite word is "tortfeasor".
Hey nj tax dollars are subsidizing racist hicks in MS. I'd rather they stay in nj which is what gottheimer wants. What's wrong with that?

You know, according to the Mississippi racist hicks' preferred historiography of the United States, we fought a civil war over this, and they were the ones on the side you're on now.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2018, 12:32:07 AM »

Also, has anybody mentioned Josh Gottheimer yet? I know he represents a Republican PVI district, but the Democrats should not have officeholders who explicitly articulate well-heeled suburbanite cultural superiority complexes the way Gottheimer did with his "Anti-Moocher Bill" stunt. He's basically Congressman IceSpear.

Gottheimer is awesome! I loved this ad he ran about how Scott Garrett should be representing Racist AL Hicks, not New Jersey. The lovely residents of New Jersey agreed, even in a horrible year for Democrats like 2016! Smiley

https://youtu.be/lEMvSGSyTUA
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2018, 12:35:08 AM »

After their decision to play saboteur before even taking office with their scheme to primary long-term incumbents,

This reeks of good-old-boys-drinking-whiskey-and-rye entitlement.

Can we get a pro-choice person in Stephen Lynch’s seat? Please?

And this reeks of the Kulturkampf litmus testing that's contributing to the corrosion of American public life, even though I've come around to agreeing that MA-08 can do better than Lynch for other reasons. (I'd say the same to a Republican pleading that Murkowski be replaced by some NRLC talking head, and fwiw I'm in complete agreement with the rest of your hit list.)

Gottheimer is awesome! I loved this ad he ran about how Scott Garrett should be representing Racist AL Hicks, not New Jersey. The lovely residents of New Jersey agreed, even in a horrible year for Democrats like 2016! Smiley

You know, IceSpear, I did sort of miss you while I wasn't posting.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2018, 12:38:59 AM »

Warner isn’t that bad ideologically- he’s just similar to a lot of that weird white male 50+ senate group who seem a bit clueless (Carper, Coons, Peters etc)

When Jon tester is in the fight of his political life with Trump visiting his state every other week and he still manages to vote against gina "torture" haspel yet Warner goes along with it and votes for it when it was one of the few rare opportunities to stop Trump's cabinet pick.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2018, 12:43:03 AM »

Yeah lol. Even trump won the district yet garret lost although he would have certainly lost in 2018 if he survived. Lance was a good fit for nj and deserved to survive but screw garret
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2018, 12:45:33 AM »

And this reeks of the Kulturkampf litmus testing that's contributing to the corrosion of American public life, even though I've come around to agreeing that MA-08 can do better than Lynch for other reasons. (I'd say the same to a Republican pleading that Murkowski be replaced by some NRLC talking head, and fwiw I'm in complete agreement with the rest of your hit list.)

Thanks! Smiley

When did you leave, btw? I left for about a year after the election and came back in late 2017 in time for the Virginia election.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2018, 10:01:53 AM »

Yeah leave Kokua Ed alone, unless we're talking Doug Chin.

Please tell me he hasn't called himself that.

Also Doug Chin? What possibly could you see in him?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2018, 05:12:46 PM »

Thanks! Smiley

When did you leave, btw? I left for about a year after the election and came back in late 2017 in time for the Virginia election.

I stuck it out through the first six months or so of Trump, then took a mental-health break from politics starting during the Obamacare repeal attempts over the summer of last year. I've sort of moved on from the forum and its culture since then, but I decided to come back for the midterms and their aftermath to check in with people and see how the site's holding up.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2019, 01:30:42 AM »

Kai Kahele seems to be gaining momentum against Gabbard. Former Governors Waihe'e and Abercrombie just endorsed him.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2019, 02:57:17 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2019, 03:01:18 PM by Suburban New Jersey Conservative »

Ocasio Cortez(self explanatory)
Ilhan Omar (see above)
Rashida Tlaib (see Ocasio Cortez)
Maxine Waters (see Ocasio Cortez)
Collin Peterson(to make Dems lose MN-07)
Jeff Van Drew( to make Dems lose NJ-02)
Pramila Jayapal (cosponsoring an unaffordable healthcare system)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2019, 03:22:39 PM »

Gabbard, Tlaib, and Omar
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2019, 03:27:21 PM »

Ilhan Omar (see above)

So, Democratic representatives should be primaried because...they're in line with their party's goals?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2019, 07:18:35 PM »

Ilhan Omar (see above)

So, Democratic representatives should be primaried because...they're in line with their party's goals?

Not only. I would oppose primarying Peterson, Van Drew, or Jayapal, as they've done nothing to warrant it. Waters, however, is corrupt and is one of the most ignorant members of the House. Tlaib and Omar are anti-Semites, and Ocasio-Cortez has done much to warrant a primary challenge.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2019, 09:09:47 PM »

Ilhan Omar (see above)

Not only. I would oppose primarying Peterson, Van Drew, or Jayapal, as they've done nothing to warrant it. Waters, however, is corrupt and is one of the most ignorant members of the House. Tlaib and Omar are anti-Semites, and Ocasio-Cortez has done much to warrant a primary challenge.

Jayapal was one of the first supporters of Medicare for All, Seattle deserves a representative who does not want to spend exorbitant sums of money on healthcare and can find cheaper, effective solutions
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2019, 09:12:58 PM »

Ilhan Omar (see above)

Jayapal was one of the first supporters of Medicare for All, Seattle deserves a representative who does not want to spend exorbitant sums of money on healthcare and can find cheaper, effective solutions

Seattle deserves a representative that, well, represents us. M4A is hugely popular here.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2019, 09:25:40 PM »

Instead of discussing a wetdream on how I want every politician who supports (X) to be primaried, Im going to try and guess who is going to face challenging primaries:

-Dan Lipinski(I dont think he can survive another 2 years, and actually think he will retire instead of going at it again)

-Al Lawson(Gillum would make rather easy work of him, completely dependent on Gillum running)

-NY Reps(NY is weird when it comes to primaries, and completely unpredictable. Of course, I can confidently predict AOC wont be on that list)

-Rashida Tlaib(Brenda Jones could make a comeback, but if Tlaib is popular, this wont matter)

-Tulsi Gabbard(Her primary challenger has already been endorsed by two previous HI governors)

-Seth Moulton(In a rather weak position, and L'Italian appears to be gearing up for it)

-Henry Cuellar(Already is being challenged by the DSA)

-Ed Case(Its Ed Case.)

-Some number of Blue Dogs and New Dems and maybe a couple of CPCers(The Left of the Party has made it rather clear that they will be aiming to take out Moderate/Conservative Democrats in Safe D seats. So far, Cuellar is the only one, but whoever is put on the list could be in rather huge trouble.)

Thats what I got so far.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2019, 09:32:22 PM »

Ilhan Omar (see above)

Seattle deserves a representative that, well, represents us. M4A is hugely popular here.

In that case North Jersey deserves Representatives who represent us, we still vote Republican downballot and do not deserve to be stuck with Sherrill and Gottheimer, when we can elect Republicans who actually represent us
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2019, 09:42:36 PM »

Ilhan Omar (see above)

In that case North Jersey deserves Representatives who represent us, we still vote Republican downballot and do not deserve to be stuck with Sherrill and Gottheimer, when we can elect Republicans who actually represent us

Agree about Frelinghuysen (and Lance for that matter), but was the far-right homophobe Scott Garrett really that good a fit for his district?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2019, 09:50:24 PM »

Ilhan Omar (see above)

She's a good fit for her district, and I think districts should be represented by people who reflect their interests. While she is much more liberal than I am, she doesn't seem to have done anything, behavior-wise, to warrant a primary challenge.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2019, 10:10:47 PM »

Ilhan Omar
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2019, 11:21:57 PM »

Very sad that so many people here want to primary King Ed, one of the best representatives Hawai'i's ever had. ʻO wau me Ed!

However, here are plenty of representatives who I wouldn't mind seeing go, although I don't have much hope for any of them getting a serious challenge:

Ro Khanna (CA-17)
Alcee Hastings (FL-20)
Hank Johnson (GA-04)
Tulsi Gabbard (HI-02)
Dan Lipinski (IL-03)
Seth Moulton (MA-06)
Ilhan Omar (MN-05)
Tim Ryan (OH-13)
Sheila Jackson Lee (TX-18)
Henry Cuellar (TX-28)

Yeah leave Kokua Ed alone, unless we're talking Doug Chin.

Amazingly enough, looking at it from an outsider's perspective, Ed may very well have been their second-best choice. The rest were those types of politicians who would be Republicans if the HIGOP was a functioning party (Kim, Fukumoto) or virulently anti-gay (Chin). Republicans, in my opinion, have infiltrated the HIDP to some degree.

I'll also add Charlie Crist to my list after the vote for the GOP resolution to call ICE on undocumented immigrants who buy guns. I'd also like to second Costa, who voted for this despite being in a D+9 (what the actual Christ) district.

AoC do your damn thing
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2019, 11:55:29 PM »

1. Josh Gottheimer - Biggest cuckgressive in the House Dem caucus.  I don't think that a more progressive Democrat would lose this district, and even if a Republican did win his seat it wouldn't be a huge loss.

2. Donna Shalala - Supported language policing at UW-Madison and sided against unions at the University of Miami.

3. Lucy McBath - Supports strict gun control and opposes Medicare for All - the opposite of my views.

4. Dan Lipinski - A Republican.

5. Seth Moulton - Big attention whore and I don't want him anywhere near the leadership slots if he becomes entrenched.

6. Alcee Hastings - Arguably the most corrupt Democrat in the House, but his health problems will probably keep him from seeking reelection anyway.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2019, 12:33:10 AM »

unrelated but Colin Peterson one of the most if not the most conservative democrat in the house (but how else do you expect to win a +30 trump district) is being primaried from the right look at this dudes website lmao
https://stephenaemery.org/
some quotes from his website
What has he done to keep biological males out of female showers and bathrooms? Nothing.

A vote for Collin Peterson is a vote for the Nancy Pelosi and Obamacare and poorer medical care;

A vote for Collin Peterson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi and biological males in women’s showers and bathrooms;

A vote for Collin Peterson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi and Islam and Muslims and illegal aliens sweeping across the nation;
His website starts off by saying vote for a pro life pro gun conservative democrat
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2019, 12:39:14 AM »

The entire progressive (communist) caucus.
MassBlueDog
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2019, 01:19:42 PM »

Ilhan Omar

Rashida Tliab

AOC: These three are singlehandedly hurting the Dem image.  I'm all for there being progressives, but these three are too polarizing.

Lipisnki: I'm a blue dog, but even by blue dog standards, Lipinski just sucks.

Cuellar: I'm all for voting or even endorsing Republicans, but c'mon.  John Carter is a right wing tea party loony, and MJ Hegar was endorsed by the Blue Dogs.

Sheila Jackson Lee: Just because you can be an ass to interns doesn't mean you should.

Gabbard

Shahala: She somehow made a district that was only Republican because of Ros-Lehtinen competitive.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies