Opinion of thealogy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:00:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of thealogy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: aka goddess
positive

negative

neutral

undecided

too esoteric for me

other answer

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Opinion of thealogy?  (Read 716 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2018, 07:38:00 AM »

... the study of the feminine divine...

..and I suppose if you don't believe in the goddess you would call yourself an atheaist???

I don't believe in a literal goddess.. but perhaps you could take the term "goddess" (known as Sophia=wisdom) nonliterally.. which does interest me, since, as humans, we are capable of seeking/having wisdom

and then there's Pele, more on that later..
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 07:39:42 AM »

If "god" is spirit, then I wouldn't call "god" a male, since that would imply a physical being,
so instead of asking if "god" is really a female, I would instead speak of the nonliteral "goddess"
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:06:44 AM »

To make this at all compatible with existing Christian theology one needs to make the Holy Spirit feminine (most likely by identifying the Holy Spirit with Sophia) or one needs to posit that Sophia is a fourth persona of the Godhead and not an aspect of the Holy Spirit. Regardless of whether one takes the Sophia language in the Bible as more than merely poetic, the Holy Spirit does have a number of attributes usually considered feminine. I am more comfortable with recognizing the feminine aspects of the Divine in that fashion than via Mariology (or should that be Marialogy?)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 10:46:04 AM »

To make this at all compatible with existing Christian theology one needs to make the Holy Spirit feminine (most likely by identifying the Holy Spirit with Sophia) or one needs to posit that Sophia is a fourth persona of the Godhead and not an aspect of the Holy Spirit. Regardless of whether one takes the Sophia language in the Bible as more than merely poetic, the Holy Spirit does have a number of attributes usually considered feminine. I am more comfortable with recognizing the feminine aspects of the Divine in that fashion than via Mariology (or should that be Marialogy?)

Also Ruach and Shekhina for Holy Spirit in Hebrew are feminine. The Holy Spirit can also mean the Divine within.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 04:06:19 PM »

After I got my master's degree last year, someone in my cohort in my theology program who was pursuing a type of degree that took longer than mine did left her sh**tty husband, went on some sort of archeological tour in Europe, got naked on a beach in Greece, and came back with an understanding of God that she calls "c*nt thealogy". It's definitely not my understanding of God, but at least it admits that the physical world exists. Voted neutral.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 07:06:47 PM »

According THE LALITA SAHASRANAMA, The Goddess has 1000 names, and yet God only has 101, does that mean the Goddess is ten times better than God? ..or.. is that "fuzzy math?"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies