Demographics, States trending - GOP’s opinion on EC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:43:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Demographics, States trending - GOP’s opinion on EC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Demographics, States trending - GOP’s opinion on EC  (Read 1720 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2018, 08:14:45 AM »

There has been a lot of talk about certain states changing their color because of demographic changes. There is a lot of debate about what states will shift and how long it’ll be until they do so and if other states will cancel them out (for instance some sun belts trending blue, midwest shifting red

As we know there has been a lot of rumblings amongst Democrats about getting rid of the electoral collage after 6 Dem popular vote wins out of 7 elections and only 4 ECV wins.

Well let’s say Arizona turns purple, Georgia turns purple, North Carolina turns blue/Purple and maybe just maybe even Texas looks blue at some point. If that happens and Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota don’t trend red at the same rate or maybe even at all - and let’s say that leads the Dems to win 3 or 4 decisive presidential races in a row...

Do you think the Republicans become the knee-jerk reactors and push for electoral votes via congressional districts? Something they could undoubtedly manipulate.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »

Why would they do that?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 04:33:38 PM »

There has been a lot of talk about certain states changing their color because of demographic changes. There is a lot of debate about what states will shift and how long it’ll be until they do so and if other states will cancel them out (for instance some sun belts trending blue, midwest shifting red

As we know there has been a lot of rumblings amongst Democrats about getting rid of the electoral collage after 6 Dem popular vote wins out of 7 elections and only 4 ECV wins.

Well let’s say Arizona turns purple, Georgia turns purple, North Carolina turns blue/Purple and maybe just maybe even Texas looks blue at some point. If that happens and Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota don’t trend red at the same rate or maybe even at all - and let’s say that leads the Dems to win 3 or 4 decisive presidential races in a row...

Do you think the Republicans become the knee-jerk reactors and push for electoral votes via congressional districts? Something they could undoubtedly manipulate.
I am for keeping the ec as is i think it give and give a stronger voice to lower population states i am against the cd id because that will enough more gerrymandering
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 04:36:14 PM »

I am for keeping the ec as is i think it give and give a stronger voice to lower population states i am against the cd id because that will enough more gerrymandering

The ec doesn't give a stronger voice to lower population states, only to swing states. It massively increases the importance of florida, but south dakota and nebraska are rendered even more irrelevant.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 08:35:33 AM »

The ec doesn't give a stronger voice to lower population states, only to swing states. It massively increases the importance of florida, but south dakota and nebraska are rendered even more irrelevant.
still a hell of alot better then a pv vote will do for them.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 11:07:35 AM »

still a hell of alot better then a pv vote will do for them.

What about the people in those small states who vote against the majority? Their votes are rendered entirely worthless by the winner-take-all nature of electoral votes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies