Your final prediction map vs Actual results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:17:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Your final prediction map vs Actual results
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your final prediction map vs Actual results  (Read 4730 times)
President Phil Scott
marco.rem451

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 09:20:38 PM »

I wasn't around here at that time, but my prediction wouldn't have been pretty standard (barring Utah).

That was standard, other than UT, AZ somewhat, ad * maybe * as well as NC
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »

That was standard, other than UT, AZ somewhat, ad * maybe * as well as NC

There was a not too much in my post. Sorry for that!
President Phil Scott
marco.rem451

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 09:25:36 PM »

I thought it would be interesting to see everyone's final prediction for the 2016 election and compare it to the results. Who was too bullish on Clinton's odds? Who anticipated the blue wall breaking?

Final prediction:

Democrat 229
Republican 215
Tossups 94

No tossups:

Democrat 278 ✓
Republican 260

Results:

Republican 306 ✓
Democrat 232
(not counting final EC vote with faithless electors)

Exactly yours but with NC and FL going d.

I like to think I've learned with more experience, and gotten smarter about things since then.

Won't make the SAME mistake(s) again in 2020, that's for sure.

after looking at what went wrong i do know, k so lol-better than the same growth, again. LOL
538Electoral

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 01:03:16 PM »

I got 5 states wrong. (Nevada, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin)

I predicted Trump would win with 275 electoral votes.
YourLocalKiwiGay
Rookie
New Zealand

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 12:00:02 AM »

dont laugh but I had Clinton winning 301 to 237

I got Nevada, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida and Pennsylvania wrong

I did prepare an image but apparently, uselectionatlas doesn't trust me enough to link images yet lol
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2018, 12:48:21 AM »

dont laugh but I had Clinton winning 301 to 237

I got Nevada, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida and Pennsylvania wrong

I did prepare an image but apparently, uselectionatlas doesn't trust me enough to link images yet lol

You need 20 posts first
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 07:00:14 PM »

I had probably the most generic possible prediction, meaning I got 5 states wrong: MI, WI, PA, NC, and FL.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2018, 05:16:03 AM »

So yeah, tbf I've tried to dive more into being less hackish / more analytical since then.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2018, 05:21:00 AM »

After hearing Trump talk about women the way he did, I just really didn't think Americans would be dumb enough to elect him. Or gross enough.

Silly me.
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.31, S: -0.83

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2018, 10:46:18 AM »

After hearing Trump talk about women the way he did, I just really didn't think Americans would be dumb enough to elect him. Or gross enough.

Silly me.

A lot of auto workers in Michigan, Wisconsin etc and the poorest in the nation don’t care about the way Trump spoke about women, but care about change, rather than a third term of Obama, who has done absolutely nothing for them.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2018, 10:49:13 AM »

Silly me.

A lot of auto workers in Michigan, Wisconsin etc and the poorest in the nation don’t care about the way Trump spoke about women, but care about change, rather than a third term of Obama, who has done absolutely nothing for them.

Besides rescuing the auto industry from collapse and turning around all three automakers into making a profit by the end of his first time? I can't even imagine what the Great Recession would've been like under this President's feckless leadership.

Those same auto workers voted for Obama by large margins, by the way.
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2018, 10:52:52 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2018, 10:56:38 AM by Big Boy Beto »

Silly me.

Besides rescuing the auto industry from collapse and turning around all three automakers into making a profit by the end of his first time? I can't even imagine what the Great Recession would've been like under this President's feckless leadership.

What about George W. Bush using $18 billion worth of TARP money to keep General Motors and Chrysler afloat? Does that have nothing to do with it? Trump has not kept his promises to these people but during the campaign he actually chose to visit Wisconsin, unlike Hillary Clinton. His win wasn’t because of sexism and or racism, but because of the people he spoke to. I’m sick and tired of hearing the “omg trump hates women how can people vote for him” shtick.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2018, 10:57:30 AM »

Silly me.

What about George Bush using $18 billion worth of TARP money to keep General Motors and Chrysler afloat?

So now we're going to credit George Bush with the recovery for a recession that began under his watch, arguably due to many deregulatory policies under his administration and which only came to an end in the second half of Obama's term thanks to his administration's steady leadership and ownership of the state shares in the auto industry.

Okayyy.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2018, 10:59:38 AM »

Silly me.

What about George W. Bush using $18 billion worth of TARP money to keep General Motors and Chrysler afloat? Does that have nothing to do with it? Trump has not kept his promises to these people but during the campaign he actually chose to visit Wisconsin, unlike Hillary Clinton. His win wasn’t because of sexism and or racism, but because of the people he spoke to. I’m sick and tired of hearing the “omg trump hates women how can people vote for him” shtick.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about that.
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »

Silly me.

What about George Bush using $18 billion worth of TARP money to keep General Motors and Chrysler afloat?

So now we're going to credit George Bush with the recovery for a recession that began under his watch, arguably due to many deregulatory policies under his administration and which only came to an end in the second half of Obama's term thanks to his administration's steady leadership and ownership of the state shares in the auto industry.

Okayyy.
I’m talking about the auto industry; Bush had a big part in recovering it. Maybe I was wrong to say absolutely nothing but Trump had connected with the poorer people in society moreso than Obama or Clinton ever did, and you don’t go from voting for Obama by large margins to Trump without a reason; he had a large part to play in Clinton’s 2016 loss.
Big Boy Beto
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2018, 11:05:44 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2018, 11:09:34 AM by Big Boy Beto »

Silly me.

I’m an atheist gay man with Pakistani descent. Don’t you dare call me a homophobic, racist bible thumper.

Most convicts vote Democratic. You sick criminal. https://mic.com/articles/78013/most-convicts-vote-democrat-study-shows

No. I do not like Trump, I personally supported John Kasich but calling the other side racist will not make you win.

By the way, could we move this to DMs or something? I don’t want to derail this thread.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »

Silly me.

I’m an atheist gay man with Pakistani descent. Don’t you dare call me a homophobic, racist bible thumper.

Most convicts vote Democratic. You sick criminal. https://mic.com/articles/78013/most-convicts-vote-democrat-study-shows

No. I do not like Trump, I personally supported John Kasich but calling the other side racist will not make you win.

By the way, could we move this to DMs or something? I don’t want to derail this thread.

I genuinely wasn't referring to you personally, - just the idea that auto workers somehow voted for Trump because their concerns weren't 'being addressed' which is ridiculous and I hear it too much.

But yeah, that'd be fine. I agree.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies