Stop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:59:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Stop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Stop  (Read 1551 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 02:07:56 PM »

Maybe people who want to do an AMA can put forward their name, and each week 4 or 5 people would be given the opportunity to post one.   Could be randomly selected, or have a waiting list, or some combination.

That's a very good idea.

Yea I really think the entire AMA thing needs to be wait listed at this point. The cycle of AMAs has been increasing for the past year or so, and the only time someone can post an AMA without causing an avalanche of them is when everyone else already posted AMA threads just weeks/months ago. Apparently even Atlas knows when they're going too far at some point.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2018, 02:39:06 PM »

Well it helps that according to Atlas I'm not very interesting so
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2018, 02:40:50 PM »

Maybe a child board could be created to reduce the clutter, but I don't believe that they are all that harmful and forcing people to stop would be an overreaction.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 05:37:35 AM »

... in the name of love! Before you break this board!

Too late.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 08:56:18 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2018, 11:24:26 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I think my favourite part is all the people who start AMAs and then receive only 1-2 questions and realize that they don't even want to answer those questions.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 11:47:28 AM »

I think my favourite part is all the people who start AMAs and then receive only 1-2 questions and realize that they don't even want to answer those questions.

Ikr? LOL
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »

Maybe people who want to do an AMA can put forward their name, and each week 4 or 5 people would be given the opportunity to post one.   Could be randomly selected, or have a waiting list, or some combination.

That's a very good idea.

thanks!
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 03:57:03 PM »

That's a very good idea.

thanks!

I'm going to share what I posted to the Cave last spring as I think it is still relevant, and that way you can see what my thoughts have been for the last 6 months on the subject. The child board idea was forwarded to Dave, BTW.

We've had this type of popular thread idea before that overruns a board. Survivor threads became so popular that we got Dave to create a child board for them. A child board for AMA would also keep them from cluttering FC.

I don't think a merged megathread would work, but a master scheduling thread might. The idea is that there would be a stickied AMA scheduling thread curated by a board mod. Users could request an AMA thread and a date assigned based on the number of active AMA threads on page 1 or 2. Users could start their thread on that date and be given a time limit before it is locked. They could post a link to their active AMA in the scheduling thread if they want. Any unscheduled AMA threads would be deleted.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies