Who is interested in serving in the Lincoln Assembly if we recall the inactives?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:14:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Who is interested in serving in the Lincoln Assembly if we recall the inactives?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is interested in serving in the Lincoln Assembly if we recall the inactives?  (Read 289 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2018, 01:17:59 AM »

Regarding these recall petitions of our current inactive Assemblymen, I have recieved questions about if we will have people running for these seats since there wasn't a competitive election last time. So, I'm making this thread to raise awareness of this issue and potential opportunity for citizens in Lincoln to run in the next assembly elections.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=306873.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=306874.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=306871.0

I know Wxtransit has already declared for a seat.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 01:56:48 AM »

Do you think early elections might be called/appointments may be made before December 14?
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 02:08:16 AM »

Do you think early elections might be called/appointments may be made before December 14?
Here is what the Lincoln Constitution says.
"Whenever a vacancy should occur in the composition of the Assembly, the Governor shall appoint a replacement to fill the unexpired term. If the vacancy arises fewer than 336 hours before the commencement of the next regularly scheduled election, the appointed delegate shall serve the remainder of the present term; otherwise, they shall serve only until a new delegate may be elected. Vacancies occur upon resignation, recall, impeachment, failure to swear in within one week of the legislative session’s opening, failure to vote on four consecutive pieces of legislation without publicly declaring absence, or failure to participate in Assembly debate for one month."
So if a vacancy happens more than 2 weeks before (December 6th) the next term of the Assembly begins (December 20th), there will be special elections.
So it may be possible to have recall elections this weekend and special elections the weekend after that.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 02:30:19 AM »

First though we need to get the 7 more signatures required to get them over the line.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:57:34 AM »

Don't look at me. I show up to vote, and I suppose if I were appointed I'd serve, but I'd be very unhappy doing so.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 04:29:18 AM »

First though we need to get the 7 more signatures required to get them over the line.
Make that 6.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies