Opinion of DavidB
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:58:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of DavidB
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Opinion of DavidB
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 127

Author Topic: Opinion of DavidB  (Read 5202 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:07:46 AM »

Definitely an FF ,

While I may not agree with David as much as I used to , he has been one of my oldest buddies on this forum so all I have to say is that I am with him against all the disgusting attacks that have been thrown at him by many posters lately.

AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 03:09:15 AM »

Boring HP
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 06:20:02 AM »

I like David.

He has worldly experience.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 06:54:36 AM »

Forum treasure.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:29:04 AM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 08:34:21 AM »

I really like him obviously Smiley
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 08:56:50 AM »

Objectively the poster with the worst politics on this entire site. Awful, awful person.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 09:02:56 AM »

I disagree with him on many things, but I do think the vitriol sent his way does get a bit hyperbolic at times.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 09:54:57 AM »

Most of the haters are just jealous
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 10:04:45 AM »

Sometimes his politics are the polar opposite of mine, but he's a good dude.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 10:37:53 AM »

I disagree with him on many things, but I do think the vitriol sent his way does get a bit hyperbolic at times.

TF, the master of understatement.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 11:05:08 AM »

In short, FF.  I like him.  More importantly, he's needed in many ways on this forum.  However, I find a lot of his views/comments really unfortunate, and I wish he'd explain them a lot more instead of trying to rile up lefties.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 12:20:04 PM »

In short, FF.  I like him.  More importantly, he's needed in many ways on this forum.  However, I find a lot of his views/comments really unfortunate, and I wish he'd explain them a lot more instead of trying to rile up lefties.

FWIW, your average poster on this forum does not really merit having things explained. I used to spend so much time justifying my views to other people, and I have gradually come to see this for the waste of time that it is. I daresay that DavidB. is just further along on that curve than I am.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »

FWIW, your average poster on this forum does not really merit having things explained. I used to spend so much time justifying my views to other people, and I have gradually come to see this for the waste of time that it is. I daresay that DavidB. is just further along on that curve than I am.

Isn't justifying views/positions kind of the point of a political forum? If all of this - elections, political discussions, etc - is about pushing a set of beliefs/policies, it stands to reason that we'd be arguing why ours are needed and why others aren't.

Also at times I've found that justifying isn't always needed so much as simply explaining one's views and how they got there. I don't necessarily need someone to prove their positions are the right ones.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »

That's fine if you're just saying your opinion on the matter ... it sucks to see David say a lib-triggering comment and being perfectly fine with people thinking he's intolerant, plain and simple.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 12:40:01 PM »

Grote vrijheidsstrijder (normaal)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 12:41:31 PM »

Horrible person like all militant zionists.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 12:44:47 PM »

Isn't justifying views/positions kind of the point of a political forum? If all of this - elections, political discussions, etc - is about pushing a set of beliefs/policies, it stands to reason that we'd be arguing why ours are needed and why others aren't.

Also at times I've found that justifying isn't always needed so much as simply explaining one's views and how they got there. I don't necessarily need someone to prove their positions are the right ones.

If you were to check my most recent posts, you would see that my first page goes back to November 3rd. Yes it is the point of a political forum, and I do not see the point of doing it with most posters on this political forum. I'm a busy man and I have wasted too much of my life already explaining myself to people who couldn't care less to consider myself beholden to further doing so. If I consider it useful in a particular instance then I will and if I don't then I won't.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 12:51:14 PM »

That's fine if you're just saying your opinion on the matter ... it sucks to see David say a lib-triggering comment and being perfectly fine with people thinking he's intolerant, plain and simple.

Considering how often I have found that perfectly normal opinions well within the political mainstream end up being "lib-triggering", I daresay that the line between the two is not as clear as you think. You might say that intentionality is the key point and I would generally agree, yet the prevailing standards of political discourse would tend to differ from that. People just assume your intentions all the time.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 01:41:45 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »

Sometimes his politics are the polar opposite of mine, but he's a good dude.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »

Has turned into one of the most unrepentant hacks on the forum, which apparently does nothing to soil your street cred with respectable right-wing posters.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »

One of my favorite people on Atlas and one of my closest Atlas friends. Massive FF.

Also, one of two atlas posters I met IRL Smiley
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 02:31:37 PM »

Supports Bolsonaro = Automatic HP
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2018, 03:22:10 PM »

I liked him better before he was red pilled.

You're a smart guy, join us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies