Re-elect Speaker Jimmy7812 for House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:19:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect Speaker Jimmy7812 for House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Re-elect Speaker Jimmy7812 for House  (Read 1154 times)
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2018, 02:45:57 PM »
« edited: December 14, 2018, 12:33:49 PM by Esteemed Speaker Jimmy7812 »

Hello All Atlasian Citizens!

I have announced that I am running for re-election to the House for a third term. I will continue to be a representative with an active voting record, and hopefully continue to serve as Speaker of the House in the next Congress.

If you want:

✓ An active representative
✓ Criminal justice reform
✓ Funding for education and other educational programs increased
✓ Greater energy independence and more renewable energy
✓ A cleaner, less polluted environment
✓ Game reform
✓ Better, safer gun laws
✓ Modernized infrastructure
✓ More, and higher paying, jobs
✓ Taxes reduced on the poor and middle class, and increased on the wealthy

Then I hope you consider re-electing for me.

-Jimmy7812

Full Platform:

Criminal Justice Reform - We need our justice system to focus more on rehabilitating criminals whenever possible so we can reduce our problem of mass incarceration.

Defense Spending - We need to cut unneeded defense spending.

Deficit - We need to reduce the deficit with a combination of economic growth, spending cuts, and changes to the tax code.

Education - We need to increase the amount of education funding given to schools and other educational programs.

Energy - We need to reduce the use of fossil fuels by increasing the investment in renewable energy. We need to provide workers in the fossil fuel industry the opportunity to receive training to work in fields related to renewable energy.

Environment - We need to find ways to decrease pollution in all forms, as climate change is a serious issue.

Foreign Policy - Non-interventionist with the exception of either us or our allies being directly threatened by a country or other military force, and short-term missions for humanitarian reasons in countries where human rights are being severely violated.

Free Trade - Free trade is good as long as it is fair trade. Trade agreements need to protect Atlasian jobs and include labour, human rights, and environmental conditions.

Game Reform - We should find ways to increase game activity and consider different ideas like a Parliamentary System and amendments to the Constitution and other laws that regulate gameplay. I support allowing citizens to petition for referendums at the federal level and redesigning the federal ballot to allow candidates to include a short statement about themselves to help voters make the best choice.

Gun Control - Ownership of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines should have more requirements and comprehensive background checks should be required for all gun purchases.

Infrastructure - We need a national program to inspect, repair, and maintain our infrastructure.

Jobs - We need a national job training program to increase the skills of our citizens when they otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity to do so.

Taxes - We need to reduce taxes for the poor and middle-class, and raise them on the rich and wealthy.

Endorsements:

Chadpotkin
JGibson
Peanut
Pericles
politicalmasta73
Steelers
tmthforu94
Wxtransit
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 02:58:30 PM »

Endorsed!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »

Thanks for the endorsement!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 11:12:28 PM »

Endorsed!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 11:26:12 PM »

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 11:41:10 PM »

Endorsed.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 11:42:11 PM »

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 12:45:04 AM »

What’s your proudest achievement this session of Congress?
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 11:13:33 AM »

Endorsed!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 12:14:21 PM »

Endorsed for a high pref!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 04:00:54 PM »

My proudest achievement is getting immigration reform done in this Congress with the passing of the "Consistency in Immigration Status Act" and the "Making it Easier for H1B Visa Holders to Become Permanent Residents" act.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 04:01:23 PM »

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 04:07:27 PM »

My proudest achievement is getting immigration reform done in this Congress with the passing of the "Consistency in Immigration Status Act" and the "Making it Easier for H1B Visa Holders to Become Permanent Residents" act.
So your proudest achievement was the passing of bills that weren't even yours?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2018, 07:40:20 PM by Former GM 1184AZ »

Those bills aren’t even law yet and they aren’t even your bills. Matter of fact the second  bill is sponsored by a Federalist. How can you claim either are your achievements if you didn’t even write them? That’s effectively taking credit for others work. In academia we consider such a thing as academic dishonesty and that’s a serious offense.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 07:39:49 PM »

broke: you can like bills made by other people
woke: you can't like bills made by other people
bespoke: liking bills made by other people is unethical
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 07:42:38 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2018, 09:14:34 PM by Former GM 1184AZ »

Theirs a big difference from calling a bill your proudest accomplishment than saying you like it. We all know if a Republican said that a couple bills they didn’t write (one of which was a Dem bill) were their proudest  accomplishments in a speech than they would be torn apart on atlas for it.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 07:54:25 PM »

Theirs a big difference from calling a bill your proudest accomplishment then saying you like it. We all know if a Republican said that a couple bills they didn’t write (one of which was a Dem bill) were their proudest a accomplishments in a speech than they would be torn apart on atlas for it.

no they would not lmao. stop making stuff up. this is really silly.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 07:59:19 PM »

Theirs a big difference from calling a bill your proudest accomplishment then saying you like it. We all know if a Republican said that a couple bills they didn’t write (one of which was a Dem bill) were their proudest a accomplishments in a speech than they would be torn apart on atlas for it.

First of all, no one in Congress IRL actually writes their own bills, so that’s moot.

Also, anyone who was a major factor to a passage of a bill can cite such a bill as an achievement regardless of whether or not they were the original author.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 08:01:49 PM »

anyway 1. politicians will often have staffers or lobbyists draft bills so if their proudest accomplishment is something they did not write then that is zero surprise and 2. real life politicians often vote for legislation introduced by other people (even from opposite parties because bipartisanship is a thing) and that can also easily be something they're proud of, also 3. whatever jimmy said is not even close to plagiarism that's a huge reach lool

i, for one, am glad that we have politicians who are proud of supporting good bills. Endorsed!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 08:43:07 PM »

First of all, no one in Congress IRL actually writes their own bills, so that’s moot.

Also, anyone who was a major factor to a passage of a bill can cite such a bill as an achievement regardless of whether or not they were the original author.

That would still require him to have been a major factor to the passage of the bills. Which he wasn't.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »

Sestak, you know that this isn't real life government and none of us have access to a policy making staff like real life politicians. So you are making a blatantly false equivalency since this is a game where you must take charge of your own efforts and policies.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 09:14:17 PM »

anyway 1. politicians will often have staffers or lobbyists draft bills so if their proudest accomplishment is something they did not write then that is zero surprise and 2. real life politicians often vote for legislation introduced by other people (even from opposite parties because bipartisanship is a thing) and that can also easily be something they're proud of, also 3. whatever jimmy said is not even close to plagiarism that's a huge reach lool

i, for one, am glad that we have politicians who are proud of supporting good bills. Endorsed!
Lmao, this is hypocritical coming from you considering one of the main line of attacks you used against me in April was that I "didn't write enough bills" and dismissed the fact that I sponsored many house originated bills once they reached the Senate.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2018, 11:11:43 PM »

Lmao, this is hypocritical coming from you considering one of the main line of attacks you used against me in April was that I "didn't write enough bills" and dismissed the fact that I sponsored many house originated bills once they reached the Senate.

Things you apparently think I said in my post: 
That not writing bills as an atlasian officeholder is a-ok. (did not actually say, in fact I disagree)

Things I actually said:
Real life politicians not writing bills is normal.
Being proud of support for a bill you did not write is fine. And not plagiarism.

If you can show me how I said what you think I said that would be great. At any rate, it's cool to see you still haven't gotten over your loss in April.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 11:14:52 PM »

Things you apparently think I said in my post: 
That not writing bills as an atlasian officeholder is a-ok. (did not actually say, in fact I disagree)

Things I actually said:
Real life politicians not writing bills is normal.
Being proud of support for a bill you did not write is fine. And not plagiarism.

If you can show me how I said what you think I said that would be great. At any rate, it's cool to see you still haven't gotten over your loss in April.
Then why did you endorse Jimmy if you don't think it's ok to not write bills? Also, I find it hillarious how you're endorsing one of my strongest supporters in my April campaign.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies