Red Dead Redemption 2, who is playing?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:52:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Red Dead Redemption 2, who is playing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2, who is playing?  (Read 1036 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:16:36 AM »

I am...just got my first console in a decade, a PS4, just to play it.  So far so good.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 09:48:09 AM »

I got it about a week ago. Really like it!
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:26:58 AM »

No PC version?

Will stay with Battlefield 5 which is outrageously good.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 09:48:37 AM »

No PC version?

I'm going to give that a bit before I buy it.  My computer didn't run the Alpha or Beta very well.  It looks beautiful on good computers though.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »

I'll probably pick it up in ~2 years after the price comes down and the developers fix whatever bugs probably exist
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 06:18:05 PM »

I'll probably pick it up in ~2 years after the price comes down and the developers fix whatever bugs probably exist
I was curious so I looked up the price history of GTA V.  It took two years before it went on sale for the first time, $30 from a regular $60 and it's "retail" price just went to $30 a few months ago, 5 years after release.  That's crazy.

Rockstar makes great games.

RDR 2 online starts next week.  That should be fun.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 06:34:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is among the best games ever made. Not quite The Last of Us level, though.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 11:27:36 PM »

I've seen videos and stuff
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 12:15:47 PM »

I might just have to buy an X-box to play it Tongue
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 08:13:52 PM »

Still can't afford a PS4.

PS4 is better Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 11:03:57 AM »

I think I'm done with the story part.  Pretty good, not their best work though.  Kind of boring in parts.  Now for the fun of a true open world.  Being an asshole seems to hurt more in this game than it previous games too.

(now if I can just get the wife to stop buying games for the PS4.  This is our first console in a decade or so, so we've all got a lot catching up to do...but damn it, me and the boy bought the thing, and she's got twice the hours on it as we do combined!  She's already beat Spiderman and Horizon Dawn, and she got God of War yesterday.  She plays these in "story" mode, so that's how she's able to get through them so fast.)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 04:30:15 PM »

I think I'm done with the story part.  Pretty good, not their best work though.  Kind of boring in parts.  Now for the fun of a true open world.  Being an asshole seems to hurt more in this game than it previous games too.

(now if I can just get the wife to stop buying games for the PS4.  This is our first console in a decade or so, so we've all got a lot catching up to do...but damn it, me and the boy bought the thing, and she's got twice the hours on it as we do combined!  She's already beat Spiderman and Horizon Dawn, and she got God of War yesterday.  She plays these in "story" mode, so that's how she's able to get through them so fast.)
That sounds like an amazing situation to be in mate. Do you side talk each other’s skills throughout the game like with my siblings?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 05:15:19 PM »

Oh yeah, I'm always making fun of her.

She was pretty good at FPSs  a decade ago, but then she got hooked on WoW and her skills went downhill.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 09:50:56 AM »

No PC version?

I got BF V last week.  Good times.  It doesn't look great on my rig, but it's (mostly) smooth enough.  I suck (I was getting close to an even k:d, then I had like 2 days worth of (mostly) sh**t games and it's back in the toilet), but it's a good game and looks like it will be a great game when it's done getting patched and all the DLC is out.

I need a better video card.  I'm running it on a 750 Ti ifyoucanbelieveit.

I'm just dead0man, feel free to add me in Origin or not, whatever Smiley

but for the real reason I'm bumping this, the Pinkertons are suing the producers and they sued them right back.  Their lawyers apparently think you can sue artists for making fun of your business for actual things your business has done in the past...which is weird what with all the movies, books and TV shows that have done the exact same funking thing for the last hundred and fifty years.  Or the millions of other examples of the same thing happening to other companies.  It's like they've never read the constitution or seen any entertainment.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 09:54:02 AM »

I bought an Xbox just to play this. Usually look down on video games, but this is an exception for me. 61% in. Hopefully I complete soon so as to only waste one month of my life.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 05:35:53 PM »

Got it for Christmas, but the PS4 is in another state. I went back to Texas for the holidays. Once I get to NJ I'll probably start playing it.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 10:42:20 PM »

I refuse to buy it on principle. Forcing employees to work 100 weeks is just not right.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 08:05:17 AM »

I got it for Christmas, and I've enjoyed it so far. I have other games that I've been playing so I haven't put a lot of time into it, but the story seems interesting and the gameplay style of "GTA with horses" seems to work well.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 08:39:27 PM »

Played the original. Loved it. Will likely wait for it to come out on PC at a cheaper price. Hell, I've got games on Steam I've purchased but haven't even played yet. Tongue I'm such a sucker for their sales.

So how is GTA V? I played all the earlier incarnations from GTA 3 on word and love them. However it has a ranking of mixed on Steam, which is fourth out of their five categories, which usually entails a craptastic game.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 09:07:10 PM »

GTA V is great.  I think it's the best overall GTA game.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 11:53:33 PM »

It'll be the first game I get when I get a PS4. That won't be for a long time, but it's on my wishlist and will be there for years.

Played the original. Loved it. Will likely wait for it to come out on PC at a cheaper price. Hell, I've got games on Steam I've purchased but haven't even played yet. Tongue I'm such a sucker for their sales.

So how is GTA V? I played all the earlier incarnations from GTA 3 on word and love them. However it has a ranking of mixed on Steam, which is fourth out of their five categories, which usually entails a craptastic game.
Almost all the negative reviews are about the multiplayer. It's full of cheaters and hackers and you could get falsely banned for being one as well, according to the reviews. The publisher has caused problems for modders but basically if you play GTA for the single player you can pretty much ignore the negative reviews.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies