Nietzsche, Friend of Thinking Christians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:55:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Nietzsche, Friend of Thinking Christians
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nietzsche, Friend of Thinking Christians  (Read 409 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2018, 06:22:54 PM »

http://www.christianhumanist.org/2013/12/nietzsche-friend-of-thinking-christian/

Very interesting article. Of course, it would be an understatement to say that this great man, perhaps one of the greatest men ever, was a tad bit critical of Christianity, and whether or not his critique is fair, he offered us so much, and influenced the world in a very good way.

His philosophy is so much more than a mere attack on religion, and it is foolish to judge all atheists with the same prejudice and stereotypes.

His Übermensch concept alone, makes him a great thinker. Without an aspiration to be better than we are we are the worst of the animal kingdom threatening the very existence of the only planet in this vast universe known to have life. It is one of the greatest tragedies that this man has been so maligned, and that his teachings have been so perverted (e.g. by the Nazis).

Many an atheist is critical of religion and rightly so, but Nietzsche offered us so much more. He was a true freedom fighter. He was a man ahead of his time. I wouldn't want to defend everything that he said, as he was not in every way a 21st century liberal. He was however, someone who challenged us to think. Early in his life he struggled with the problem of evil and actually didn't quite solve it, but he was an idealist and a dreamer, one of the great enemies of the nihilism we see all around us.

What doesn't make me stronger kills me; what doesn't kill me makes me stronger.
Amor Fati.
Georg Ebner
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 12:34:44 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2018, 12:38:21 PM by Georg Ebner »

Difficult to decide, who has remained more on N.'s surface: His pseudo-"disciples", who have exploited few of His absurdities and have overseen the contradictory rest; or the ignorant idiots, who have despised Him for not presenting them openly a coherent system.

The perhaps only intelligent biography of NIETZSCHE is the figure of Ivan Karamazov...
(N. owned a small - unread? - selection of DOSTOEVSKY, but the latter did seemingly not know N.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies