Southern Gothic (D) vs. RINO Tom (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:03:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Southern Gothic (D) vs. RINO Tom (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for? / Who would win?
Southern Gothic / Southern Gothic

Southern Gothic / RINO Tom

RINO Tom / RINO Tom

RINO Tom / Southern Gothic

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Southern Gothic (D) vs. RINO Tom (R)  (Read 2275 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 24, 2018, 08:31:07 PM »

I like RINO, but Southern Gothic would easily get my vote in this scenario, since he’s basically the perfect Democrat for me. But we’re talking about a scenario in which these two somehow win their party's nomination without changing their current policy positions, right?

I also think Southern Gothic would win the GE, FWIW.

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »

I mean RINO Tom isn't just an elitist who is a Republican. He voted for Clinton while SG voted for Trump. There's reason to think we'd end up with a really funky map just because the nominees are THAT different from 2016.

Yes, these votes and their views on certain social (and yes, even economic and foreign policy) issues would essentially make them unpalatable to their respective party's base from the get-go, abortion and gun control in particular. This is basically as close to John Bel Edwards (D) vs. Charlie Baker (R) as you can get, and I have a hard time believing that WV and VT would be solid R and D, respectively, in this scenario. Or that Fairfax County wouldn’t at least be somewhat competitive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies