AMA - IceSpear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:40:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AMA - IceSpear
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: AMA - IceSpear  (Read 10975 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »

Why not.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 09:02:57 PM »

Guy Benson, Adam Kinzinger, Josh Hawley, or Aaron Schock?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 09:10:21 PM »

Are we talking FMK here? Marriage? FWB? One night stand? Am I taking into account their politics/personality too or just their looks?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 09:15:11 PM »

Are we talking FMK here? Marriage? FWB? One night stand? Am I taking into account their politics/personality too or just their looks?

You decide. Wink Are their politics even that different?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 09:20:03 PM »

I'll piggyback off MT Treasurer's question, but go for the daddy pols: Martin O'Malley, Beto O'Rourke, Thom Tillis, or John Thune?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 09:23:20 PM »

You decide. Wink Are their politics even that different?

Aaron Schock is the most attractive, so I'll pick him for the one night stand. But he's a literal criminal and also I get bad vibes from him in general, so I'll go no further there.

Adam Kinzinger is also very attractive and seems like the best marriage material. So if I had to pick one for whatever this question is, I guess him, lol.

Josh Hawley is hot (the only upside to him beating Air Claire is new Senate eye candy) but I would always resent him for beating my queen. I'd like to take that frustration out on him in the bedroom though.

I don't know much about Benson but he's cute too.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 09:23:26 PM »

At what point in life did you develop your enthusiasm for Hillary, and why?

What percentage of your atlas posts are trolling (i.e. not serious)?

If a Democratic President was elected in 2016, would you have preferred they renominate Garland or that they picked a "real liberal"?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 09:25:12 PM »

- Why do you think West Virginia should vote Democratic if they were voting on economic reasons, I mean WV was controlled by Dems for more than 80 years up to 2014 so if any party deserves the blame for WV its the Dems not the GOP.

- Ronald Reagan or Robert Byrd(1980s Version)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 09:26:45 PM »

I'll piggyback off MT Treasurer's question, but go for the daddy pols: Martin O'Malley, Beto O'Rourke, Thom Tillis, or John Thune?

Damn it, I STILL DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO BE CHOOSING.

M O'Rourke, F O'Malley/Thune, K Tillis.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 09:35:24 PM »

Will WV ever again vote for a dem statewide within the 21st century?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 09:37:24 PM »

who's your fav leftwing politician right now?!

Do you think climate change will ever be taken seriously by the politically establishment in the US?

"Left wing" is in the eye of beholder, especially on this forum, lol. But in terms of people I'd like to be president, I like Gillibrand, Harris, and O'Rourke. In terms of newly elected, I like Newsom and Whitmer.

Probably not until it's too late.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 09:43:19 PM »

At what point in life did you develop your enthusiasm for Hillary, and why?

What percentage of your atlas posts are trolling (i.e. not serious)?

If a Democratic President was elected in 2016, would you have preferred they renominate Garland or that they picked a "real liberal"?

Luckily I already have a saved PM from someone else who asked me this:

I've liked Hillary since 2008, which is when I first started being a political junkie. I vaguely supported Kerry in 2004, but I didn't really know much about politics then, so it was basically just based off a clueless "Kerry is against Bush and Bush is dumb" thing. Since Hillary was the first presidential candidate I ever suppported, I guess it's sort of an emotional connection, probably the same way a lot of other Democrats my age feel about Obama. I also pretty much gave up all hope she'd ever be president after she lost the primary in 2008, so once she started to emerge again in 2013 as a legitimate contender (and nearly a lock to win the Democratic nomination), I became enthusiastic for her again.

As for policies, I've always admired her passion for healthcare reform. Even though Clinton's healthcare plan ended up failing, I was impressed she had the guts to advocate for and have an instrumental role in crafting such an important bill despite the extreme difficulty. I've also always admired her advocacy for women's rights, and I especially liked her 1995 UN speech ("women's rights are human rights"). As for her ideology in general, I've found her to be a pretty good match for me. A standard liberal, but not far out in True Leftist land, though she's probably a bit to the right of me on issues like foreign policy. I supported her in 2008 because I felt she would be better able to navigate DC and get her agenda passed than Obama would, who at times can seem aloof. And I also thought she did a great job at SoS. Yeah, she didn't bring about world peace, but extremely consequential SoSs are the exception, not the norm. She worked very hard and I believe she improved our reputation abroad, and was an important part of many international negotiations and the Obama administration's Asian pivot. And just in general, I really admire her tenacity. Despite all the roadblocks in her way (failure of healthcare reform, Lewinsky, losing the primary in '08, etc.) she just keeps getting up and fighting again, and I think that's really what the Democratic Party needs right now, not more aloofness and detachment.

I'd say roughly 50% are either trolling and/or purposefully being excessively hyperbolic. This can vary depending on the day though.

A real liberal, because the GOP wouldn't deserve a centrist consensus choice like Garland after the the disgusting stunt they pulled.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »

- Why do you think West Virginia should vote Democratic if they were voting on economic reasons, I mean WV was controlled by Dems for more than 80 years up to 2014 so if any party deserves the blame for WV its the Dems not the GOP.

Well for one thing, federal policies tend to have a bigger impact on individual states than the state's policies do. With that said, WV's problems are/were largely unavoidable regardless of who was/is in control, but that doesn't change the fact that they'd be better off with an expanded social safety net, which is what the Democrats support and the GOP opposes.

With or without hindsight?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 09:50:28 PM »

Will WV ever again vote for a dem statewide within the 21st century?

In the entire 21st century? Probably. 80 years is a lot of time for a massive fluke to potentially occur.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 09:52:29 PM »

When will I become a Democrat?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 09:55:25 PM »

Well for one thing, federal policies tend to have a bigger impact on individual states than the state's policies do. With that said, WV's problems are/were largely unavoidable regardless of who was/is in control, but that doesn't change the fact that they'd be better off with an expanded social safety net, which is what the Democrats support and the GOP opposes.

- Both with and without hindsight

- To be fair I can concede some of GOP policies wouldnt work in WV , but I think they need to implement a tax and regulatory structure which is as business-friendly as Texas and the Federal Government in return does an infrastructure project there. That I believe would help. The problem with the Dems is they dont wanna do that and plus they are anti coal as well so that makes their economic policies a negative for that state

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 09:56:22 PM »

Approximately 19 months.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 10:04:21 PM »

- To be fair I can concede some of GOP policies wouldnt work in WV , but I think they need to implement a tax and regulatory structure which is as business-friendly as Texas and the Federal Government in return does an infrastructure project there. That I believe would help. The problem with the Dems is they dont wanna do that and plus they are anti coal as well so that makes their economic policies a negative for that state

Byrd with hindsight, who repented for his past and basically became a generic D in his final decades, along with the fact that I now see Reagan's destructive legacy. It's hard to mentally place myself in the 80s, but I definitely wouldn't have supported the KKK member who filibustered the Civil Rights Act. So Reagan.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 10:09:12 PM »

How would you feel if the DC Suburbs spilled into Eastern WV and made WV a swing state?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 10:12:59 PM »

If you could choose one state to do retail politics in (with 5 or less EV, cuz that’s where retail politics is most effective), which one would it be?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 10:14:31 PM »

Byrd with hindsight, who repented for his past and basically became a generic D in his final decades, along with the fact that I now see Reagan's destructive legacy. It's hard to mentally place myself in the 80s, but I definitely wouldn't have supported the KKK member who filibustered the Civil Rights Act. So Reagan.

Last Question:

- What would be your opinion of Pre 2008 Orange County, and the Suburbs during the 1980s
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 10:19:02 PM »

How would you feel if the DC Suburbs spilled into Eastern WV and made WV a swing state?

I'd feel the same way I currently feel about Virginia. A state full of Racist Hicks that are thankfully outvoted by the highly educated booming region of the state. Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2018, 10:21:45 PM »

If you could choose one state to do retail politics in (with 5 or less EV, cuz that’s where retail politics is most effective), which one would it be?

Montana obviously. Lots of beautiful sights, I could visit all 100 people that live in the state and convince them to vote for me (including you, Steve Bullock, and Jon Tester, might want to avoid Gianforte though), and I could finally see Garfield County and convince all the local #populists Purple heart to support me with doorknocks and handshakes. Smiley I'd need to get a flat top first though...
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2018, 10:25:39 PM »

Favorite #populist Purple heart?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2018, 10:27:28 PM »

Last Question:

- What would be your opinion of Pre 2008 Orange County, and the Suburbs during the 1980s

I had no strong opinion on Orange County. To the extent I thought of it, it was as a bunch of delusional RINO Toms who are Democrats at heart that disagree with the GOP on mostly everything but still vote them because they wanted more tax cuts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies