Presidential Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:56:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presidential Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Announcement  (Read 631 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2004, 07:04:30 PM »
« edited: May 11, 2004, 07:05:12 PM by President Nym90 »

I, President Nym90, announce that I will join the DLC, as I approve of its goals.

My fellow Atlas Citizens, now, more than ever, we must rise above partisanship and petty bickering. We are facing a trying time. We have a foreign policy crisis on our hands in China, and I intend to address that shortly once talks have been completed with the cabinet and with foreign leaders. I assure all of you that we are working towards a peaceful resolution to this problem without losing our own sovereignty and right to decide our foreign policy, and also without doing undue harm to our economy and the world's economy.

At this point in time, with this problem, and also the problems of disagreements about the size and scope of the Fantasy Government, I would like to forge a course that will reject partisan politics and instead seek common solutions to problems that affect us all. This has been a goal and priority of mine going back to my acceptance speech at the last convention, 4 months ago. Now, more than ever, this core value of mine is becoming increasingly important. I do not believe that we are irreprably divided; I believe that we can come together, as we share common goals and values, even if we disagree on the specifics of the solutions. Although I strongly believe in Democratic principles and values, and will continue to fight to uphold them just as vigorously as before, I also strongly believe in the ideals of the DLC, specifically regarding their attempt to come to solutions that are acceptable to all and not just to a small minority. Thus, I join the DLC, because I believe in the core principles of rejecting extremism and working towards solutions for problems, not merely engage in partisan rancor.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 07:20:25 PM »

I, President Nym90, announce that I will join the DLC, as I approve of its goals.

My fellow Atlas Citizens, now, more than ever, we must rise above partisanship and petty bickering. We are facing a trying time. We have a foreign policy crisis on our hands in China, and I intend to address that shortly once talks have been completed with the cabinet and with foreign leaders. I assure all of you that we are working towards a peaceful resolution to this problem without losing our own sovereignty and right to decide our foreign policy, and also without doing undue harm to our economy and the world's economy.

At this point in time, with this problem, and also the problems of disagreements about the size and scope of the Fantasy Government, I would like to forge a course that will reject partisan politics and instead seek common solutions to problems that affect us all. This has been a goal and priority of mine going back to my acceptance speech at the last convention, 4 months ago. Now, more than ever, this core value of mine is becoming increasingly important. I do not believe that we are irreprably divided; I believe that we can come together, as we share common goals and values, even if we disagree on the specifics of the solutions. Although I strongly believe in Democratic principles and values, and will continue to fight to uphold them just as vigorously as before, I also strongly believe in the ideals of the DLC, specifically regarding their attempt to come to solutions that are acceptable to all and not just to a small minority. Thus, I join the DLC, because I believe in the core principles of rejecting extremism and working towards solutions for problems, not merely engage in partisan rancor.

I, as chairman of the DLC (subject to a vote in the near future when it has more members), welcome this announcement by President Nym... who has had and continues to enjoy my full personal support and I hope that the DLC may continue to act as a positive and inventive force within the Atlas Democratic party…

Now more than ever I believe that this party needs a fresh and exciting direction to face the challenges put forward both by circumstance and the opposition parties... I see President Nym's joining the DLC as a vindication of this view... however it is essential that we do not lose our deeply held principles in the process of seeking to reinterpret those principles in the face of what are the ever changing attitudes and aspirations of ordinary Americans...

I hope in the light of president Nym's actions many more moderate progressives might seek to join the DLC so that we might be able to draw upon ever more talent and as a result produce more inventive and exciting proposals for the Democratic Party...

And Once more Thank you Mr President for this endorsement of this organisation and you are most welcome...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies