Russia seizes Ukrainian ships near Crimea after firing at them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:30:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia seizes Ukrainian ships near Crimea after firing at them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russia seizes Ukrainian ships near Crimea after firing at them  (Read 3071 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: November 26, 2018, 11:40:23 PM »

President Big Boy will do nothing if they do.
Only the US is supposed to care about this?
Well we are contractually obliged to defend Ukrainian sovereignty. I think it was the same deal that made them denuclearize.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 11:22:43 PM »

It's so interesting how low Putin's approvals are. I never would've expected that, figured he'd be president for life.. now perhaps not?
I believe that he still has that plan as his most optimal goal. Yet with the current implosion of his support, I see three ugly options.
1. The 1982 Syria option. He goes cracking down on dissidents as he cling to power, cannibalizing his possible successors in the carnage. Any survivability of the regime is quickly diminished as it is put on secret life support.
2. He smells the roses and gives in to small reforms to pacify the population. In one or two more terms, he hands power to Sergei Shoygu or whoever else can kiss his behind before he relinquishes power.
3. He manages to survive by sheer craftiness and manipulation at home and abroad. His opponents are too busy dealing with internal fascists to have the means against Russia. Regime survives without any acts of relinquishing power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies