Favorite new Democratic Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:50:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Favorite new Democratic Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Favorite new Democratic Governor?
Gavin Newsom (CA)
Jared Polis (CO)
Ned Lamont (CT)
Lou Leon Guerrero (GU)
Jay Robert Pritzker (IL)
Laura Kelly (KS)
Janet Mills (ME)
Gretchen Whitmer (MI)
Tim Walz (MN)
Steve Sisolak (NV)
Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM)
Albert Bryan, Jr. (VI)
Tony Evers (WI)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Favorite new Democratic Governor  (Read 2192 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2018, 01:33:30 AM »

JMT

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »

Whitmer, she's a rising star in the party. I could see her being on a presidential ticket some day.

I also like Evers, mostly because he was able to defeat Scott Walker (probably my least favorite governor)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 12:49:27 PM »

Lamont is still a hero for being the only politician with the guts to stand up to Joe Lieberman way back in the day. I'm glad he finally managed to win elected office despite being not great at campaigning. Maybe he'll be a mediocre governor, but I'm excited for him since his Senate primary race in 2006 was one of the first elections I followed with the level of seriousness I follow politics now.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 02:40:42 PM »

Lamont is still a hero for being the only politician with the guts to stand up to Joe Lieberman way back in the day. I'm glad he finally managed to win elected office despite being not great at campaigning. Maybe he'll be a mediocre governor, but I'm excited for him since his Senate primary race in 2006 was one of the first elections I followed with the level of seriousness I follow politics now.

Excitement about "mediocre governor" is beyond my understanding. Mediocre remains mediocre, all other circumstances notwithstanding. I Remember similar words by former Senator Roman Hruska about Nixon's candidates for Supreme Court - Haynsworth and Carswell. Thanks God - they failed to convince a majority of Senators to confitm them.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2018, 03:56:52 PM »

I'm biased for Whitmer because it's my own state, but Pritzker and Newsom are tied for second.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 06:05:00 PM »

Evers... the Joe Biden of the Upper Midwest.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 06:05:25 PM »

i guess whitmer?

i highly respect kelly and evers for beating their respective douchebags though

pritzker is clearly the worst
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »

Newsom, I guess.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2018, 10:54:17 AM »

Excitement about "mediocre governor" is beyond my understanding. Mediocre remains mediocre, all other circumstances notwithstanding. I Remember similar words by former Senator Roman Hruska about Nixon's candidates for Supreme Court - Haynsworth and Carswell. Thanks God - they failed to convince a majority of Senators to confitm them.

Who knows if he'll be a mediocre governor? Politicians surprise us all the time. Some politicians who are expected to terrible at governing end up doing really well, and others with very high expectations end up totally falling on their faces. The fundamental problem is that skills at getting elected and skills at governing have almost nothing in common, especially for non-incumbents, so people who ran weak campaigns and barely scraped by can be great governors, and people who ran strong campaigns and won by a huge margin can be terrible governors.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 10:57:48 AM »

Who knows if he'll be a mediocre governor? Politicians surprise us all the time. Some politicians who are expected to terrible at governing end up doing really well, and others with very high expectations end up totally falling on their faces. The fundamental problem is that skills at getting elected and skills at governing have almost nothing in common, especially for non-incumbents, so people who ran weak campaigns and barely scraped by can be great governors, and people who ran strong campaigns and won by a huge margin can be terrible governors.

JB PRITZKER WILL BE THE BEST ILLINOIS governor ever.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:44 AM »

Polis or Whitmer. Also, I approve of the fact that Johann Bargenschmidt doesn't have any votes.

Äh, what? Huh

"JB"

Ah, I see. I've been wondering anyway, why his initials are J.B. when his given name is Jay Robert.
Jay Bob.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »

1. Evers
2. Whitmer
3. Polis
4. Walz
5. Sisolak
6. Grisham
7. Mills
8. Kelly
9. Lamont
10. Pritzker
11. Newsom
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2018, 07:48:03 PM »

Whitmer and Polis are probably the best two of the bunch.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »

Jared Polis. As a republican I disagree with him on many issues but he opposed Proposition 112 and seems more reasonable that Whitmer or Walz who are liberal lunatics.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies