Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:20:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)
« previous next »
Thread note

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74
Author Topic: Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)  (Read 167912 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: December 04, 2018, 03:24:31 PM »

Pat McCrory won Bladen county by 6 points. Roy Cooper won absentees by 23. Looks like there needs to be another investigation....into the governor.

Cool. What was the discrepancy statewide and in neighboring counties? What stands out with Harris’s fraud is how insane the numbers are compared to every other county in the state. He won absentees with 96% of the vote! Was Cooper in the 90s in Bladen?

Harris won 96% in the primary, mind. He "only" won 61% of absentees in the general.

The curious thing about the general is that the makeup of the absentee voter pool was something like 20% GOP, 40% Independent, 40% Democrat, so even factoring in Demosaurs, getting 61% for the R out of that pool is...implausible.
The questions of fraud atm are regarding the general, and I don't see why everyone is quick to ignore the similarly odd numbers for Cooper and ignore those for Harris. Its especially odd given Cooper's relative lack of activism on the issue.
Remember than all 4 Republicans on the NC Board of Elections refused to certify the result.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #301 on: December 04, 2018, 03:27:30 PM »

new_patomic

« Reply #302 on: December 04, 2018, 03:43:57 PM »

There's been more outrage and coverage of conspiracy theories due to Broward being slow to count ballots than there has been of legitimate and apparently persistent election fraud in North Carolina which might have actually affected a congressional race.

TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2018, 03:46:05 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2018, 03:58:56 PM by TCash101 »

Read the thread: way worse than the first tweet implies.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2018, 04:07:27 PM »

holy
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #305 on: December 04, 2018, 04:20:05 PM »

I’m thinking if I were an NC-9 Republican, at this point, I’d want a new primary, too.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #306 on: December 04, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »

The people of NC-9 are owed both a new primary and a new general, with independent observers monitoring the conduction of the election.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #307 on: December 04, 2018, 04:29:44 PM »

The people of NC-9 are owed both a new primary and a new general, with independent observers monitoring the conduction of the election.

Yep, we definitely should have independent observers monitoring, from other states (including members of both parties) and also international observers from democratic countries.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #308 on: December 04, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »

It's been reported from knowledgeable sources in NC that if the NCSBE calls a new election, it will be a general election with the same candidates (Harris, McCready, and the Libertarian).
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2018, 04:32:09 PM »

Also, we really need to remind absentee voters that they shouldn't just...give their ballot...to some guy/gal. Mail in ballots are supposed to be mailed by you.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2018, 04:42:12 PM »

It's been reported from knowledgeable sources in NC that if the NCSBE calls a new election, it will be a general election with the same candidates (Harris, McCready, and the Libertarian).

Yep (indeed, in the case of the NCSBE ordering an election re-run, Harris could only be replaced w/ another GOP candidate if he moves out of state). However, if it ends up being the House itself who refuses to seat Harris, then a whole new election is ordered at that point & everything starts over w/ filing, a primary if needed, & then a general.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #311 on: December 04, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »

"Each act of voter fraud in connection with a federal election risks five years in prison and a $10,000 fine, in addition to any state penalties."

Wouldn't it be lovely if McCrae Dowless gets 5 years and $10,000 fine for each instance of ballot fraud?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #312 on: December 04, 2018, 04:49:00 PM »

Yes, I was suggesting if I were a Republican there, I’d prefer the house refuse to seat, declare it vacant, so I could vote for a Republican other than Harris in the Special Primary. On the other hand, if I were a Dem I might want Harris to be the only Republican in consideration, as I suspect he’ll be easier to beat.

I’ve seen Harris say he should be seated (with investigation still going) but has he or a spokesman actually denied any involvement in Dowless’s activities? If he weren’t involved wouldn’t he issue a denial?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #313 on: December 04, 2018, 04:54:47 PM »

What if Harris goes to jail?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #314 on: December 04, 2018, 04:56:32 PM »

What if Harris goes to jail?

He won't go to jail yet lol. That will take a few months. If indicted he is forced to run
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #315 on: December 04, 2018, 05:18:23 PM »

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #316 on: December 04, 2018, 05:20:03 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2018, 05:26:28 PM by Nyvin »

Republicans everywhere scream "VOTER FRAUD" and "ILLEGAL VOTERS!" at the top of their lungs for literally decades, and here we have the first authentic, substantiated case of it, and now they're all pessimistic and dismissive simply because it's being done by Republican operatives and benefits the Republican candidate.

Color me shocked.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #317 on: December 04, 2018, 05:39:14 PM »

Richard Burr jumps on the "redo the election" bandwagon.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #318 on: December 04, 2018, 05:40:03 PM »

Shame, I expected better from him.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #319 on: December 04, 2018, 05:44:00 PM »

Can we temp ban bagel from this board for clear concern trolling. When the ing republican senator says he trusts the board but bagel calls it stealing it's clear that bagel is concern trolling
UncleSam

« Reply #320 on: December 04, 2018, 06:02:12 PM »

Can we temp ban bagel from this board for clear concern trolling. When the ing republican senator says he trusts the board but bagel calls it stealing it's clear that bagel is concern trolling
Do you know what concern trolling is.

Literally any time someone disagrees with the hive mind here the brainless rabble calls for a ban it’s like the French Revolution in Internet forum Shape.
President Phil Scott
marco.rem451

« Reply #321 on: December 04, 2018, 06:04:40 PM »

Well then now, like- I do mean...
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #322 on: December 04, 2018, 06:08:18 PM »

Do you know what concern trolling is.

Literally any time someone disagrees with the hive mind here the brainless rabble calls for a ban it’s like the French Revolution in Internet forum Shape.

I do know but I am getting sick of bagel screaming its stealing an election after Richard Burr said there should be a full on investigation. Its clear he is concern trolling. You can read this thread and see I was one of the most open minded people here.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #323 on: December 04, 2018, 06:12:12 PM »

Late February, after McCready wins the redo election:

Bagel: Disgraceful. Of course Harris did worse this time, this race was held after he was exposed as an election fraudster. Clearly unfair.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #324 on: December 04, 2018, 06:15:32 PM »

There's a clear distinction between presenting a different point of view in a way that is well-thought out, and just parroting the same sentiment over and over again without actually adding anything of substance to a thread. Saying that the folks who argue that a poster shouldn't do it are actually the "mindless" ones is peak Moderate Heroism.

Where would we be without our dear moderates, society's *unbiased* warriors here to defend stupidity as being just as valid as intelligence and keep reason and sanity in check.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies