South: Announcement regarding "Special Resolution"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:58:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South: Announcement regarding "Special Resolution"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South: Announcement regarding "Special Resolution"  (Read 185 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2018, 01:23:50 AM »
« edited: November 29, 2018, 02:01:22 AM by Southern Dep. Speaker Dwarven Dragon »

In my capacity as deputy speaker, in accordance with the standing rules of the chamber (https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Standing_Rules_of_the_Southern_Chamber_of_Delegates), Section IV, Clause I, I hereby rule that the special resolution proposed by Mr. Reactionary is Frivolous in nature and therefore will skip it in the queue. The text of the special resolution is as follows:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The deputy speaker has been persuasively guided by the fact that this is not actual legislation and is instead an attempt to waste a valuable floor spot on something that can easily be done via forum posts in office threads and an executive order by the governor. I believe we should spend the valuable and limited time of the rest of the session dealing in substantive matters of policy.

Furthermore, I note that as this is a resolution (statement or order of the chamber) and not a bill, it would not need to be signed by the governor and therefore suggesting it would carry the imprimatur of the entire southern government seems disingenuous.

For the above reasons, this resolution is frivolous and will be skipped over.

Under the rules, my decision may be overruled by either of the following:

1) Decision of the Speaker;
2) A Delegate aside from the speaker objecting within 72 hours. Under this case, we would go to a vote on the question of consideration, and if three delegates were to vote in favor, it would be brought to the floor as soon as one of the ten slots became available.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 02:07:41 AM »

I think I'll overrule my deputy on this - this will go to the Floor.
That being said his reasons for doing this underline his dedication. I expect him to do well over the rest of the session.
la louange!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:13:39 AM »

Topic locked as it is no longer relevant.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies