Trump on why he didn't discuss Russia bounty story with Putin: "There were other things to discuss"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:02:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump on why he didn't discuss Russia bounty story with Putin: "There were other things to discuss"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump on why he didn't discuss Russia bounty story with Putin: "There were other things to discuss"  (Read 613 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2020, 08:08:53 AM »

I hope that one day we will truly find out what Russia has over Donald Trump. Also, any person claiming to be a "patriot" and is still going to vote for Trump is a fraud.
woodley park

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 08:10:48 AM »

I hope that one day we will truly find out what Russia has over Donald Trump. Also, any person claiming to be a "patriot" and is still going to vote for Trump is a fraud.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this is pretty damning for the president and represents another powerful reason why he isn't going to be able to turn things around. He threatens a veto of the NDAA to defend the legacy of Confederate traitor generals, yet he won't even lift a finger to protect the men and women in our own armed forces, putting their lives at risk in service of their country.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 08:18:14 AM »

Wait, he's changed his story from "I didn't know [because I didn't read any of the memos about it]" to "I just had more important things to talk about" ??

Even if this is true, why in the world would he admit this?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 08:48:11 AM »

Why the heck did they agree to an interview with Jonathan Swan? 🤨
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 12:14:40 PM »

Admiral Piett on why he didn't discuss Alderaan genocide story with Vader: "There were other things to discuss"
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 01:54:16 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2020, 02:47:33 PM by PR »

Yes, there were other things to discuss, like the 2020 US presidential election...
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 02:17:20 PM »

No patriotic American can vote for Trump after this.

Trump’s name is synonymous with traitor.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 02:32:54 PM »

This guy is such a sellout. He runs around and claims to be Mr. Tough Guy, and all he's got is bullying allied leaders while he's not capable to stand up to a thug like Putin. I saw parts of the interview, and the most shocking part was is apparent non-desire to get to the bottom of it. Even if the intelligence isn't 100% clear, each patriotic president would have told Putin that if it was true, he would have a severe price to pay. And as long as this isn't resolved, there shouldn't be any other negotiations. You can't negotiate with someone who is paying islamists incentives to kill your men and women in uniform.

I hope that when Joe Biden is elected president, he will restore the Western alliances and tell Putin it's enough. That he's not getting away with anything anymore. That's the only language this guy understands.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 02:42:11 PM »

Trump is owned by Putin. Same as it ever was.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 02:57:51 PM »

I'm sure we know exactly how Trump is compromised by Putin but The United States won't admit it anytime soon and not because he's the sitting President. It's because it would be a huge embarrassing intelligence failure if people realize that Russia was able to own a presidential candidate and get him elected with some bots and a social media campaign/Wikileaks.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 08:20:23 PM »

No patriotic American can vote for Trump after this.

Trump’s name is synonymous with traitor.

Trump is a traitor like Quisling or Benedict Arnold.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2020, 08:36:52 AM »

The part that seemed to stand out most to me is at the end where he falls back on "both sides do it" to defend Russia's actions in Afghanistan.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2020, 11:03:58 AM »

Traitorous Trump.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 11:15:46 AM »

Russia should have been liberated by American and Coalition forces back in 2014, idk why the US gov is so on Russia's dick.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 02:33:13 PM »

"But TRAINED MARXISTS ANTIFA!!!" Blah blah blah
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2020, 06:11:30 PM »

This is Trump admitting in some way that he is in fact Putin's lapdog. Trump can only discuss what his liege wants and he cannot speak out of turn. Of course there is also the fact that Trump doesn't actually care about the bounty scandal, yet will continue awkwardly hugging the American flag and equivocating it with supporting the troops anyway.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 05:47:25 AM »

So how would all of you have handled it?

And how much of what you would have done would have been in full public view?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »

I honestly don't know how I would handle it, but I DO know that being Putin's little cuck boy isn't exactly a winning strategy.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 05:21:25 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2020, 06:36:01 PM by Antifacist Ghost of Ruin »

I honestly don't know how I would handle it, but I DO know that being Putin's little cuck boy isn't exactly a winning strategy.

How Mr. Trump could have responded:
"I brought it up. I'm not sure if the accusations are really true or not, but I can tell you I made sure to let President Putin know that doing something like that was absolutely unacceptable, and that if we find out Russia is arming the Taliban or proxy targeting our soldiers, or the soldiers of our allies, they're going to regret it. I'm not going to say how I'd retaliate, but I will absolutely retaliate if I find out that Russia, or any other nation, is behind attacks on American soldiers. Our men and women in uniform put their lives on the line for America, for freedom and democracy, and I want to let them know that America has their back, that their favorite President will back them all the way."

He wouldn't even need to actually have done anything, or said anything to Putin. Given that his bar is so low it threatens to disrupt the Mohoroviciv discontinuity, just the appearance of pushback would be enough to get him rave reviews.  But instead, what we got is "fake news" and "we did it too", with the purported President of the United States promoting a pro-Russia narrative frame, while ignoring our own intelligence community and military officers. What we got was not even an attempt to pretend to act like he's acting in America's interest. We got this:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies