Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:23:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River  (Read 76819 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »

"Treason" isn't on the cards no matter what as the US isn't at war with Russia. (Same thing with the Rosenbergs, actually)

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2019, 04:19:03 PM »

Whatever you are doing, you need to stop and read this thread now.

forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2019, 06:38:05 PM »

Hoarse Whisperer has a lot of interesting speculation and analysis based on that speculation. But has he/she been right about anything thus far, or have their insights remained all in the world of speculation? I don't like getting my hopes us.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:50 PM »

No, this isn't suspicious at all.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2019, 11:51:09 PM »

I hate to laugh at someone for having gout, but if I have to laugh at someone for that, what better person than Manafort?

Paul Manafort Does Indeed Have Gout

You must be logged in to read this quote.

My uncle had gout a few years ago when he was around 50, which was surprising considering he kept himself in pretty good shape. He pointed out though, that it's not gout. Everyone seems to call it "the gout".

As someone who has endured both gout and a broken bone, the two are similarly painful. Don;t trivialize gout. The best way to deal with it is to drink huge amounts of water. When I have gout I drink water out of a flower vase. That dilutes the uric acid so that it can exit the body.

On the other hand, someone who aided a dictator in bleeding his country could hardly get a more fitting reward.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2019, 05:19:47 AM »

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2019, 05:17:16 PM »

Evan McMullin
‏Verified account @Evan_McMullin

Evan McMullin Retweeted Donald J. Trump

I’ve always been fascinated by traitors. They consider themselves highly intelligent, yet fail to understand how likely they are to be caught. When they are, they become men without a home, having betrayed their countrymen and been used by an enemy. So it will be with this one.

https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin/status/1084111008073949184
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2019, 08:55:02 PM »

Evan McMullin

I’ve always been fascinated by traitors. They consider themselves highly intelligent, yet fail to understand how likely they are to be caught. When they are, they become men without a home, having betrayed their countrymen and been used by an enemy. So it will be with this one.

McMullin's twitter feed is like an oasis of reasonableness amid the sea of irrationality that usually is political Twitter.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2019, 10:22:27 PM »

So uhhhhhhhh

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/carl-bernstein-draft-of-muellers-final-report-says-trump-helped-putin-destabilize-the-us
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2019, 11:15:02 PM »

The weird thing is Jon Karl said he heard the report would be “anti-climatic” and I fail to see how any report that says this is “anti-climatic”
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2019, 11:48:28 PM »

The weird thing is Jon Karl said he heard the report would be “anti-climatic” and I fail to see how any report that says this is “anti-climatic”

We've unfortunately conditioned ourselves to the point that, if Mueller's report does say that Trump helped Putin to destabilize the US, it will still be viewed as "anti-climactic" by many.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2019, 01:22:27 AM »

Veselnitskaya, Russian in Trump Tower Meeting, Is Charged in Case That Shows Kremlin Ties

And that 2013 civil investigation? It was this one:

High Profile Russian Money Laundering Case Settles Days Before Trial

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2019, 02:29:40 AM »

Is it possible he just has bad info or something? Seems like most other reporters are geared for a bombshell
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2019, 03:02:20 AM »

Evan McMullin

McMullin's twitter feed is like an oasis of reasonableness amid the sea of irrationality that usually is political Twitter.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2019, 03:03:32 AM »

Is it possible he just has bad info or something? Seems like most other reporters are geared for a bombshell

The fact is Carl Bernstein has never been that great of a journalist. He rode Woodward's coattails through a lot of the Watergate investigation, and was subsequently fired by The Washington Post because he just wasn't that great.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2019, 10:10:37 PM »

Mueller Probes an Event With Nunes, Flynn, and Foreign Officials at Trump’s D.C. Hotel

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-probes-an-event-with-nunes-flynn-and-foreign-officials-at-trumps-dc-hotel
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2019, 10:36:40 PM »

Nunes?!? Oh God how I would love to see him get exposed in this! I realize it's only one report about one meeting under scrutiny, but one can only hope.

Devin Nunez is clearly one of if not the greatest political hack of the last decade in doing everything humanly possible to obstruct the house is investigation into the Russia matter. Just find out that he was actively involved in addition to providing coverage for Trump like a good little minion would be just......sigh.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2019, 11:27:43 PM »

Nunes?!? Oh God how I would love to see him get exposed in this! I realize it's only one report about one meeting under scrutiny, but one can only hope.

Devin Nunez is clearly one of if not the greatest political hack of the last decade in doing everything humanly possible to obstruct the house is investigation into the Russia matter. Just find out that he was actively involved in addition to providing coverage for Trump like a good little minion would be just......sigh.

Nunes apparently may have some weird ties to Portuguese intelligence. It would seem a stretch that that plays into it somehow, but at this point with how much weird stuff keeps coming up, who knows where this ends up.

From an old, long, but well worth the ride NYT deep dive into Nunes...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/magazine/how-devin-nunes-turned-the-house-intelligence-committee-inside-out.html

Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2019, 12:26:56 AM »

Nunes apparently may have some weird ties to Portuguese intelligence. It would seem a stretch that that plays into it somehow, but at this point with how much weird stuff keeps coming up, who knows where this ends up.

From an old, long, but well worth the ride NYT deep dive into Nunes...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/magazine/how-devin-nunes-turned-the-house-intelligence-committee-inside-out.html

Always glad to see that article pop up, but you missed the money paragraph.

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2019, 12:38:14 AM »

You are right, that is the devastating part.

There does seem to be reason to question Nunes' motives and even his patriotism (like with Trump).

That takes a lot, because I normally tend to think that most people are at least sincere in their beliefs. For instance, I never questioned George W. Bush's patriotism or that he was trying to do what he thought was the right thing. I just thought he had a very different worldview than me.

The current crop of Trumpians just seems different in that respect. Which is to say that they are so bad that I don't think they deserve my respect, because I doubt they think even in their own minds that they are operating in good faith.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2019, 12:52:54 AM »

You are right, that is the devastating part.

There does seem to be reason to question Nunes' motives and even his patriotism (like with Trump).

That takes a lot, because I normally tend to think that most people are at least sincere in their beliefs. For instance, I never questioned George W. Bush's patriotism or that he was trying to do what he thought was the right thing. I just thought he had a very different worldview than me.

The current crop of Trumpians just seems different in that respect. Which is to say that they are so bad that I don't think they deserve my respect, because I doubt they think even in their own minds that they are operating in good faith.

That’s a huge problem with governance in America right now. I’m not convinced that leading Republicans are acting in good faith, especially folks like Nunes and Trump.

That being said, I have to wonder how much of Nunes’ actions were trying to cover up stuff that he did, while benefitting Trump. A lot of it goes back to their hubris. Trump probably could have gone on and lived the rest of his life in opulence if he hadn’t ran for president. Likewise, who knows if anyone would’ve looked into Nunes if he hadn’t been acting so sketchily as the Chairman of the House Intel Committee. They both flew too close to the sun and are now paying for their hubris.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2019, 12:07:52 PM »

Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »

Sounds like Rosenstein might be at DOJ for a bit longer yet.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #273 on: January 17, 2019, 12:51:25 AM »

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/1085721427402092

This video is 100% must watch right now.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #274 on: January 17, 2019, 01:00:47 AM »

I got a "Page not Found" error.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to: