Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:43:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River  (Read 76831 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2019, 09:13:05 PM »

Roger Stone is a truly repulsive human being. No one deserves this fate more (other than Trump, I guess).
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2019, 10:42:50 PM »

Roger Stone is a truly repulsive human being. No one deserves this fate more (other than Trump, I guess).

Not even Stephen Bannon?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #402 on: January 27, 2019, 10:46:33 PM »

Not even Stephen Bannon?

Stone has been poisoning American politics for decades longer than Bannon.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #403 on: January 28, 2019, 05:15:35 PM »

Not even Stephen Bannon?

Stone has been poisoning American politics for decades longer than Bannon.

Guys, guys! No need to argue. Stone and Bannon are BOTH lower than scum. Smiley
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: January 28, 2019, 08:15:58 PM »

Not even Stephen Bannon?

I actually forgot about Steve Bannon. Yeah he is about as repulsive. Though he knows better than to get a tattoo of Nixon on his back. I wonder what he's been up to. Probably using elementary school toilets and not flushing, just for fun. Something like that.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #405 on: January 28, 2019, 09:32:29 PM »

Not even Stephen Bannon?

I actually forgot about Steve Bannon. Yeah he is about as repulsive. Though he knows better than to get a tattoo of Nixon on his back. I wonder what he's been up to. Probably using elementary school toilets and not flushing, just for fun. Something like that.

Last I heard he's traveling abroad, spreading Trumpism in Europe.  Tongue
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #406 on: January 28, 2019, 09:49:32 PM »

Not even Stephen Bannon?

He should spread it even further.  Mars, perhaps.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: January 29, 2019, 07:25:43 PM »

Not even Stephen Bannon?

Perhaps he is also spreading STD's. I don't know, I just associate him with pestilence.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #408 on: January 30, 2019, 04:26:28 PM »

I was watching the news the other day, and one of the hosts mentioned that if Roger Stone were to be convicted of all counts, the sentencing guideline will be 1 year. That has to be way too low, isn't obstruction and lying to congress very serious offenses in their own right? There is also the other 5 indictments. I was figuring Stone could be looking at a Paul Manafort type sentence if convicted.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #409 on: January 30, 2019, 04:28:27 PM »

I was watching the news the other day, and one of the hosts mentioned that if Roger Stone were to be convicted of all counts, the sentencing guideline will be 1 year. That has to be way too low, isn't obstruction and lying to congress very serious offenses in their own right? There is also the other 5 indictments. I was figuring Stone could be looking at a Paul Manafort type sentence if convicted.

Stone would probably be looking at a minimum 3 1/2 - 4 years under the sentencing guidelines, especially in light of the witness tampering charge. 
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2019, 10:51:38 PM »

Stone would probably be looking at a minimum 3 1/2 - 4 years under the sentencing guidelines, especially in light of the witness tampering charge. 

Yeah, pretty much this. Stone is looking at 24-30 months for lying to Congress if convicted, w/ the kicker being the witness tampering charge, which could up the range to 41-51 months. Roger's definitely looking at a long stretch behind bars.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #411 on: February 01, 2019, 05:56:27 PM »

So a story broke that the person Junior called after the Tower meeting wasn’t his dad but real estate developer Howard Lorber. Both junior and Trump crowed on Twitter that these vindicates them but not so fast. It turns out Lorber himself was deep Russian ties going back to 90’s when he visited Moscow t to work on......trying to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/investor-with-blocked-number-trump-jr-spoke-with-explored-moscow-tower-with-trump-more-than-20-years-ago/
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2019, 09:33:25 AM »

Thank goodness:

Barr confirmation vote delayed after Democrats raise Mueller report concerns

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #413 on: February 04, 2019, 06:20:27 PM »

US prosecutors reportedly subpoena Trump golf courses in Scotland, which some Democrats worry might have been funded by Russian money

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-prosecutors-subpoena-djt-holdings-trump-scotland-golf-course-2019-2?utm_source=reddit.com
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #414 on: February 04, 2019, 09:37:32 PM »

Federal prosecutors issue sweeping subpoena for documents from Trump inaugural committee, a sign of a deepening criminal probe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal-prosecutors-issue-sweeping-subpoena-for-documents-from-trump-inaugural-committee-a-sign-of-a-deepening-criminal-probe/2019/02/04/b6382642-28e5-11e9-8eef-0d74f4bf0295_story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #415 on: February 05, 2019, 03:56:16 AM »

US prosecutors reportedly subpoena Trump golf courses in Scotland, which some Democrats worry might have been funded by Russian money

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-prosecutors-subpoena-djt-holdings-trump-scotland-golf-course-2019-2?utm_source=reddit.com

Given that Alex Salmond has just been arrested in the UK (unrelated charges) I wonder if he’ll be able to shed some light on the relationship between the SNP and Trump and any resulting legal issues.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #416 on: February 05, 2019, 02:23:53 PM »

Federal prosecutors issue sweeping subpoena for documents from Trump inaugural committee, a sign of a deepening criminal probe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal-prosecutors-issue-sweeping-subpoena-for-documents-from-trump-inaugural-committee-a-sign-of-a-deepening-criminal-probe/2019/02/04/b6382642-28e5-11e9-8eef-0d74f4bf0295_story.html

Sarah Hucks lied and said this had nothing to do with the White House………………………that might be true if you assume the Inauguration has nothing to do with the presidency
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #417 on: February 05, 2019, 02:40:19 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #418 on: February 06, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »

Schiff announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #419 on: February 06, 2019, 03:02:31 PM »

Beautiful
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #420 on: February 06, 2019, 03:03:19 PM »

So when are we expecting Junior to be indicted? I'm giving it two months tops. And do we expect a Stone-style arrest or Cohenesque self-surrender?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #421 on: February 06, 2019, 04:16:01 PM »

So when are we expecting Junior to be indicted? I'm giving it two months tops. And do we expect a Stone-style arrest or Cohenesque self-surrender?

I doubt it'll be that soon, but when it likely occurs I have zero doubt it will be a self surrender given he's the president's son.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #422 on: February 06, 2019, 04:28:41 PM »

I doubt it'll be that soon, but when it likely occurs I have zero doubt it will be a self surrender given he's the president's son.

What if there's reason to believe he might destroy evidence?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #423 on: February 06, 2019, 05:09:47 PM »

What if there's reason to believe he might destroy evidence?

Addressed at his bond hearing, to which I I think they would have to have very recent emails and / or recordings demonstrating an unqualified intent to do so. I sincerely doubt that would happen. He would have to literally be brought in driving a white Bronco ahead of numerous LAPD Cruisers before he'd be held without bond.

Now, I could entirely see his bond being revoked if he very likely engaged in witness tampering or the like while out on bond. I think there is recent precedent for that. Wink
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: February 06, 2019, 07:56:16 PM »

But partisan witch hunts!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length