Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:05:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River  (Read 78010 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: March 20, 2019, 11:29:54 PM »

I'm beginning to think perhaps Mueller didn't find anything impeachable if Trump seems so nonchalant (or relieved?) about releasing his findings to Congress and the public:

Trump Backs Public Release Of Mueller Report

First off Trump should have no idea what’m Mueller knows or doesn’t know. Second if you pay attention he said it’s Barr’s decision. Trump is playing a game
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #551 on: March 21, 2019, 07:39:43 AM »

Yep, Trump isn't going to be shown Mueller's report until it's published.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #552 on: March 21, 2019, 10:29:37 PM »

Trump reelection campaign shifted $1.3 million of donor money into his businesses: analysis
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #553 on: March 21, 2019, 10:31:33 PM »

I'm not sure if this is illegal if the donors donated knowing full well it was just going into his pockets.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #554 on: March 21, 2019, 10:42:25 PM »

You're probably right, but it looks slimy even if it technically doesn't violate the letter of the law:

It’s a key question because federal regulations allow candidates to put campaign money into their own businesses only if they pay going rates. Given the varying opinions on whether $3,000 a month constitutes a fair price, however, it seems unlikely that the payments will spark an investigation by the Federal Election Commission.

“If something is really egregious, yeah, it’s there,” says Bradley Smith, a Republican who served as a commissioner of the FEC from 2000 to 2005. “But they’re just not going to try to pick apart things on a difference of a few percentage points and try to second-guess what should be paid.”

That means Trump should be free to continue shifting his supporters’ money into his business for the rest of the election cycle.

From the Forbes article linked from the original.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #555 on: March 22, 2019, 08:46:45 AM »

Trump's latest nonsense attack on the Mueller investigation:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/22/politics/donald-trump-robert-mueller-unelected/index.html
"It's always interesting to me because a deputy, that didn't get any votes, appoints a man that didn't get any votes, he's going to write a report on me. I had one of the greatest election victories in history. Would you say that's true? They came from the valleys, they came from the rivers, they came from the cities, they came from all over, they voted in one of the greatest elections in the history of our country, and now I have a man, because we have an attorney general who -- nobody can even believe he didn't tell me, but he recused himself -- so I have a man who is a deputy who I don't know, who I didn't know at all, and he appoints a man who had just left my office, I didn't give him the job at the FBI, [James] Comey's his best friend, but listen, you know it better than anybody, you've been very fair in this, but listen, I have a deputy, appoints a man to write a report on me, to make a determination on my presidency? People will not stand for it."

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #556 on: March 22, 2019, 03:54:37 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #557 on: March 22, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »

MSNBC just reported Barr has the report.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #558 on: March 22, 2019, 04:45:28 PM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #559 on: March 22, 2019, 05:20:41 PM »

Nah. More like:

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #560 on: March 22, 2019, 05:21:51 PM »

That nuclear Elmo is for the backlash against all the people yelling Russia.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #561 on: March 22, 2019, 06:26:30 PM »

Trump being vindicated still wouldn't mean that Russia didn't interfere with our election.

Though I do agree that Trump's likely vindication is going to backfire horribly and possibly be the catalyst for what cements his re-election. Trump firing Mueller and catapulting the country into a constitutional crisis probably would have been the better result, in hindsight. Let's face it, Trump is invincible and the entire world will be doomed when he wins re-election.

I know that there are still other investigations going on which could spell harm for him, but those won't matter, not as long as Trump can keep reminding people that he was deemed innocent by the most noteworthy and media-focused investigation. It will also make the Democrats in the House more skittish about investigating him. Trump played his cards right by allowing the investigation to continue. I don't think he realized it until now, but he had nothing to lose. I guess for the sake of transparency, we should be grateful for that, but f*** it. I'm depressed by all this and I never even put that much hope in the Mueller investigation. I was always skeptical that it would bring Trump down but even tempering my expectations wasn't enough to rid me of despair.

And even if the report does contain some damning revelations, they still won't lead to Trump's removal from office and most Americans will probably stop caring and move on from being concerned about Trump's corruption (if they even were in the first place), which he still is, and always will be, even if the Mueller report doesn't back it up. Trump, and the people he surrounds himself with, have done so much that is corrupt that it's possible that Americans are just numb to it. Once more, Trump will have thrived on apathy and double standards. Hillary Clinton was vindicated from an investigation, yet it still helped sink her campaign for committing much lesser potential crimes. I hate this country.
Thatkat04
« Reply #562 on: March 22, 2019, 06:28:29 PM »

Trump being vindicated still wouldn't mean that Russia didn't interfere with our election.

Though I do agree that Trump's likely vindication is going to backfire horribly and possibly be the catalyst for what cements his re-election. Trump firing Mueller and catapulting the country into a constitutional crisis probably would have been the better result, in hindsight. Let's face it, Trump is invincible and the entire world will be doomed when he wins re-election.

I know that there are still other investigations going on which could spell harm for him, but those won't matter, not as long as Trump can keep reminding people that he was deemed innocent by the most noteworthy and media-focused investigation. It will also make the Democrats in the House more skittish about investigating him. Trump played his cards right by allowing the investigation to continue. I don't think he realized it until now, but he had nothing to lose. I guess for the sake of transparency, we should be grateful for that, but f*** it. I'm depressed by all this and I never even put that much hope in the Mueller investigation. I was always skeptical that it would bring Trump down but even tempering my expectations wasn't enough to rid me of despair.

And even if the report does contain some damning revelations, they still won't lead to Trump's removal from office and most Americans will probably stop caring and move on from being concerned about Trump's corruption (if they even were in the first place), which he still is, and always will be, even if the Mueller report doesn't back it up. Trump, and the people he surrounds himself with, have done so much that is corrupt that it's possible that Americans are just numb to it. Once more, Trump will have thrived on apathy and double standards. Hillary Clinton was vindicated from an investigation, yet it still helped sink her campaign for committing much lesser potential crimes. I hate this country.

Jesus Christ, this forum is insufferable.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #563 on: March 22, 2019, 06:29:55 PM »

Jesus Christ, this forum is insufferable.

Are you implying that there's a wee tendency to overreact? Wink
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #564 on: March 22, 2019, 06:29:57 PM »

Are you insane?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #565 on: March 22, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »

Are you insane?

No, just overcome with cynicism.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #566 on: March 22, 2019, 07:33:04 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trump will win re-election now, I am incredibly confident that Mueller’s lackluster report and further  no indictments. The left look like the shams they are.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #567 on: March 22, 2019, 07:36:40 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trump will win re-election now, I am incredibly confident that Mueller’s lackluster report and further  no indictments simultaneously help Trump and discredit the left. The left look like the shams they are.

>emptyquoting your own post
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #568 on: March 22, 2019, 07:39:05 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trump will win re-election now, I am incredibly confident that Mueller’s lackluster report and further  no indictments simultaneously help Trump and discredit the left. The left look like the shams they are.

On my phone. Blame Steve Jobs.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #569 on: March 22, 2019, 07:42:32 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Typical Republican.  It's always somebody else's fault. Wink
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #570 on: March 22, 2019, 07:44:54 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Typical Republican.  It's always somebody else's fault. Wink
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #571 on: March 22, 2019, 07:53:45 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trump will win re-election now, I am incredibly confident that Mueller’s lackluster report and further  no indictments. The left look like the shams they are.
Again no one has read the f**king thing
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #572 on: March 22, 2019, 10:41:54 PM »

This reminds me of back in October 2017 when on Friday news leaked that there would be indictments upcoming in the Mueller investigation on the following Monday. This place was exploding with who could it be. Some even said Hillary and Podesta would actually be the ones to be indicted on Monday. Some thought it would be Trump and his whole family going down.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #573 on: March 23, 2019, 02:04:02 AM »

There are still 12 active investigations going on in other fields. Let's not forget that.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #574 on: March 23, 2019, 02:45:47 AM »

It's basically over now. Trump played the democrats for over two years. This investigation backfired horribly for the democrats, they spent much of their political capitol on this, now they wont have any talking points about Russia in 2020. And the funny thing is, I and a whole bunch of other people already knew this way before, but we got called conspiracy theorists, trolls or Trump hacks.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies