Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:39:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River  (Read 76800 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:50 PM »

Imagine the downfall of Trump leading to President Nancy Pelosi
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 07:37:55 PM »

"Not accurate" isn't the same as "not true"

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 07:44:43 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2019, 07:50:54 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

Oops, maybe the red avatars should stop looking to BuzzFeed as a reliable source

But the statement doesn't say the report is false.

What's strange is that the SC rarely comments... And this one seemed very carefully worded.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 07:49:45 PM »

Oops, maybe the red avatars should stop looking to BuzzFeed as a reliable source

It pretty much does lol, don't worry you'll get the big bad orange man someday

Explain.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 07:57:57 PM »

Anyways, the original report says the SC's office declined to make a comment. We rarely ever hear from Mueller's team and this statement seems very carefully worded. So in no way is Buzzfeed's story fake news.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 08:03:34 PM »

Explain.
The special counsel rarely makes statement's like this, the fact that they have refuted BuzzFeed's story so quickly (not to mention that their are no known sources or corroboration for anything in the article) likely means that the article is quickly put together bs. One of the authors (Leopold) also has a history of making up anonymous sources

1. They didn't "quickly" refute, the story has been out for 22 hours.
2. You're disregarding the wording: "Not accurate" doesn't mean "not true"
3. No he doesn't.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 08:21:06 PM »

Explain.
The special counsel rarely makes statement's like this, the fact that they have refuted BuzzFeed's story so quickly (not to mention that their are no known sources or corroboration for anything in the article) likely means that the article is quickly put together bs. One of the authors (Leopold) also has a history of making up anonymous sources

1. They didn't "quickly" refute, the story has been out for 22 hours.
2. You're disregarding the wording: "Not accurate" doesn't mean "not true"
3. No he doesn't.

Excuses.
He's going through denial, he really thought they had the big bad orange man this time!

I mean, I shot down your excuses, so what do you have left here?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 08:26:35 PM »

Everyone needs to get off their high horses here

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 08:46:01 PM »

So we pretty much got nothing out of today.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 08:55:58 PM »

I'm trying to figure out what would be the motive for the special council to make that announcement?   Is it so that Congress (I.e the House) won't subpoena documents from Mueller too early?

There were a lot of Congressional Dems posting on twitter about this story.

Which makes me think House Dems had other sources than Buzzfeed. I doubt most of them would rely solely on Buzzfeed to take action.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 09:22:43 PM »

This seems to be the theory emerging from the smoke

Can someone tell me what SDNY is?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 09:42:17 PM »

So more likely than not, BuzzFeed's report was accurate. Team Mueller was just shook from the Cohen details being leaked and needed to activate the flood gates.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 09:55:39 PM »

So more likely than not, BuzzFeed's report was accurate. Team Mueller was just shook from the Cohen details being leaked and needed to activate the flood gates.

Perhaps (also perhaps not though). But also there are people saying things like this which suggest that may be the case:

It's gonna be hilarious if BF turns out to be right in the end.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 06:29:57 PM »

Trump being vindicated still wouldn't mean that Russia didn't interfere with our election.

Though I do agree that Trump's likely vindication is going to backfire horribly and possibly be the catalyst for what cements his re-election. Trump firing Mueller and catapulting the country into a constitutional crisis probably would have been the better result, in hindsight. Let's face it, Trump is invincible and the entire world will be doomed when he wins re-election.

I know that there are still other investigations going on which could spell harm for him, but those won't matter, not as long as Trump can keep reminding people that he was deemed innocent by the most noteworthy and media-focused investigation. It will also make the Democrats in the House more skittish about investigating him. Trump played his cards right by allowing the investigation to continue. I don't think he realized it until now, but he had nothing to lose. I guess for the sake of transparency, we should be grateful for that, but f*** it. I'm depressed by all this and I never even put that much hope in the Mueller investigation. I was always skeptical that it would bring Trump down but even tempering my expectations wasn't enough to rid me of despair.

And even if the report does contain some damning revelations, they still won't lead to Trump's removal from office and most Americans will probably stop caring and move on from being concerned about Trump's corruption (if they even were in the first place), which he still is, and always will be, even if the Mueller report doesn't back it up. Trump, and the people he surrounds himself with, have done so much that is corrupt that it's possible that Americans are just numb to it. Once more, Trump will have thrived on apathy and double standards. Hillary Clinton was vindicated from an investigation, yet it still helped sink her campaign for committing much lesser potential crimes. I hate this country.

Are you insane?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 07:44:54 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trump will win re-election now, I am incredibly confident that Mueller’s lackluster report and further  no indictments simultaneously help Trump and discredit the left. The left look like the shams they are.

>emptyquoting your own post

On my phone. Blame Steve Jobs.

Typical Republican.  It's always somebody else's fault. Wink
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 03:32:41 PM »

The report is going to leak if Barr doesn't release it soon.

It would be better if it were leaked -that way we can avoid Barr's over-redacting it to protect Trump. 

But couldn't congress make a case for impeaching Barr if they found evidence he tampered with the report?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 03:52:44 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 04:10:46 PM »

Oh man, I can't contain my excitement! When is the next bombshell gonna drop? I hope those hackers are hard at work.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 08:08:36 PM »

I’d imagine that Progressive Pessimist is in a better mood now?

Thank you for your concern. Absolutely I am! Though I started feeling better once Trump's approval numbers barely improved and he started getting cocky again.

Mainstream journalists are SO DUMB. The American people deserve better, frankly. I see that on Twitter, a bunch of jokers at NBC and other mainstream press outlets immediately jumped on the "total exoneration" bulls*hit express and now have to eat crow. What the hell happened to critical thinking and analysis? Trump is dead wrong to call these idiots the enemy of the people, but they need to up their game. I'm starting to rethink my New York Times subscription.

Yeah the media definitely f***ed up, which bodes poorly for 2020. But Americans didn't seem to buy it, or even care. Which is overall a net positive, especially now that the truth is finally coming to light.

Yeah, I was quite surprised that so many people actually had the common sense to take "does not exonerate" as it is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies