Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:25:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River  (Read 76797 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: December 03, 2018, 07:45:48 PM »

Absolutely nobody could have predicted this entire chain of ev-

-ents. Oh.

Looks like were going to know now.

She was right about almost everything. We as a voting population were too stupid to listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8XJEeOpyA
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »

Reading this up on twitter, sounds good for Trump, bad news for the resistance.
Lol what?

Lying to the FBI is serious business. He's either given up a lot to ensure no jail time, or more likely he's missed out a few details and he's filled them in.

Resistance twitter goes mental over everything. And is normally wrong.

I really dont think you have a good read on the situation tbh.

I'm disappointed. I thought this poster was being satirical of what Trump flunkies say whenever they read anything that might be bad news for Trump.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 08:26:36 PM »

If the Mueller report is enough of a bombshell, don't discount 70-75% of the Senate being behind impeachment, especially if Mike Pence will become president. Look at how fast clown Eric Greitens was impeached by the Missouri Republican led legislature. McConnell and other Republican Senators are establishment hacks who all opposed Trump in 2016, and aren't exactly fire breathing Trumpites.

I doubt it. It would have to be beyond damning for that to happen. He will have had to burn their children to death and slept with their wives for them to impeach him. And even then, I'm not so confident.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 07:56:32 PM »

All the skepticism over the Buzzfeed article seems a bit overly cautious. Don't get me wrong, journalists should be certain that their stories are as accurate as possible, so I get it, at the same time. But is it really beyond the realm of reason that Trump wouldn't have asked Cohen to lie on his behalf? No. He doesn't believe in negative consequences for anything he does, and doesn't give half a f*** about throwing his subordinates under the bus. I am pretty convinced that the article is accurate and this action in addition to a litany of other offenses should result in his impeachment and conviction. It won't though, because two-thirds of the Senate will not vote to convict him even if he gets impeached in the House. Trump supporters should feel comforted that this "coup," while deserved, is never going to happen.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 07:26:16 PM »

The idea that Buzzfeed's flawed reporting is Trump's ultimate triumph over the "fake news" (which doesn't even fit the real definition of fake news by the way, even in this instance) and should make him President for life or whatever, is absurd. No media outlet that I saw covering the story acted as if it was 100% truth. They added the caveat of it not being fully verified yet. This happens and has happened in the media all the time. Some sources are unreliable or misleading. It doesn't mean that they straight up fabricated a story like Russian troll websites did to spread falsehoods about Hillary Clinton accepting bribes from drug cartels, or whatever. It's more important than ever for the media to properly vet their stories, but one error doesn't equal the fourth estate collapsing and being revealed as a fraudulent conspiracy against the President. I guess that's just how right wing psychology examines things though. It's the same thing with how one MS-13 member committing a crime somehow makes that the case for all Central American immigrants.

This story being inaccurate also doesn't absolve Trump of any other wrongdoings he may have committed. And even then, it doesn't matter, he won't be removed from office under any circumstance, even when Mueller reveals his report...or whatever Barr lets us know about it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 09:13:05 PM »

Roger Stone is a truly repulsive human being. No one deserves this fate more (other than Trump, I guess).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 08:15:58 PM »

Roger Stone is a truly repulsive human being. No one deserves this fate more (other than Trump, I guess).

Not even Stephen Bannon?

I actually forgot about Steve Bannon. Yeah he is about as repulsive. Though he knows better than to get a tattoo of Nixon on his back. I wonder what he's been up to. Probably using elementary school toilets and not flushing, just for fun. Something like that.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 07:25:43 PM »

Not even Stephen Bannon?

I actually forgot about Steve Bannon. Yeah he is about as repulsive. Though he knows better than to get a tattoo of Nixon on his back. I wonder what he's been up to. Probably using elementary school toilets and not flushing, just for fun. Something like that.

Last I heard he's traveling abroad, spreading Trumpism in Europe.  Tongue

Perhaps he is also spreading STD's. I don't know, I just associate him with pestilence.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 07:56:16 PM »

But partisan witch hunts!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 08:32:03 PM »

Poor guy. It's probably for the best though, the report won't matter.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 07:10:56 PM »

Interesting:

That must have been one exhausting interview. How much question dodging can one interviewer take?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 08:41:29 PM »

Roger Stone needs to die in prison like Manafort probably will.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »

Roger Stone needs to die in prison like Manafort probably will.

They may need to, but I highly doubt Trump will let them.  They are both betting on a presidential pardon, which explains their risky antics. 

You don't think Trump is going to pardon Paul Manafort?   

Yeah...he probably will...
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 07:15:47 PM »

Now the judge is summoning Stone to explain his insta posts to her. Scheduled for Thursday afternoon

LOCK
HIM
UP!!!!

Sink him like a stone!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2019, 07:37:57 PM »

Mueller team filed a document with the Judge alleging Stone violated his gag order again

Well he managed to convince me to donate a quarter to his legal fund. He should put that quarter in his ass, because he played himself.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 08:09:46 PM »

Is everyone associated with Giuliani (including Giuliani himself) an idiot?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2019, 06:26:30 PM »

Trump being vindicated still wouldn't mean that Russia didn't interfere with our election.

Though I do agree that Trump's likely vindication is going to backfire horribly and possibly be the catalyst for what cements his re-election. Trump firing Mueller and catapulting the country into a constitutional crisis probably would have been the better result, in hindsight. Let's face it, Trump is invincible and the entire world will be doomed when he wins re-election.

I know that there are still other investigations going on which could spell harm for him, but those won't matter, not as long as Trump can keep reminding people that he was deemed innocent by the most noteworthy and media-focused investigation. It will also make the Democrats in the House more skittish about investigating him. Trump played his cards right by allowing the investigation to continue. I don't think he realized it until now, but he had nothing to lose. I guess for the sake of transparency, we should be grateful for that, but f*** it. I'm depressed by all this and I never even put that much hope in the Mueller investigation. I was always skeptical that it would bring Trump down but even tempering my expectations wasn't enough to rid me of despair.

And even if the report does contain some damning revelations, they still won't lead to Trump's removal from office and most Americans will probably stop caring and move on from being concerned about Trump's corruption (if they even were in the first place), which he still is, and always will be, even if the Mueller report doesn't back it up. Trump, and the people he surrounds himself with, have done so much that is corrupt that it's possible that Americans are just numb to it. Once more, Trump will have thrived on apathy and double standards. Hillary Clinton was vindicated from an investigation, yet it still helped sink her campaign for committing much lesser potential crimes. I hate this country.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »

Trump being vindicated still wouldn't mean that Russia didn't interfere with our election.

Though I do agree that Trump's likely vindication is going to backfire horribly and possibly be the catalyst for what cements his re-election. Trump firing Mueller and catapulting the country into a constitutional crisis probably would have been the better result, in hindsight. Let's face it, Trump is invincible and the entire world will be doomed when he wins re-election.

I know that there are still other investigations going on which could spell harm for him, but those won't matter, not as long as Trump can keep reminding people that he was deemed innocent by the most noteworthy and media-focused investigation. It will also make the Democrats in the House more skittish about investigating him. Trump played his cards right by allowing the investigation to continue. I don't think he realized it until now, but he had nothing to lose. I guess for the sake of transparency, we should be grateful for that, but f*** it. I'm depressed by all this and I never even put that much hope in the Mueller investigation. I was always skeptical that it would bring Trump down but even tempering my expectations wasn't enough to rid me of despair.

And even if the report does contain some damning revelations, they still won't lead to Trump's removal from office and most Americans will probably stop caring and move on from being concerned about Trump's corruption (if they even were in the first place), which he still is, and always will be, even if the Mueller report doesn't back it up. Trump, and the people he surrounds himself with, have done so much that is corrupt that it's possible that Americans are just numb to it. Once more, Trump will have thrived on apathy and double standards. Hillary Clinton was vindicated from an investigation, yet it still helped sink her campaign for committing much lesser potential crimes. I hate this country.

Are you insane?

No, just overcome with cynicism.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »

You know when you get too excited for something, like Christmas or a birthday, and then when it's over you are sad?

That's liberals today.

Not quite. It's more like looking forward to Christmas because you think, without any real basis, that you are going to get that expensive toy and a puppy from Santa Claus. But then after waking up on Christmas morning you realize that you got nothing since your parents have been  dead and Santa Claus doesn't exist.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 06:47:22 PM »

You know when you get too excited for something, like Christmas or a birthday, and then when it's over you are sad?

That's liberals today.

Not quite. It's more like looking forward to Christmas because you think, without any real basis, that you are going to get that expensive toy and a puppy from Santa Claus. But then after waking up on Christmas morning you realize that you got nothing since your parents have been  dead and Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Santa isn't real?

Not unless Trump says he is.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 07:13:25 PM »

That's liberals today.

I am going to cherish the day when god awful citizens like you are totally irrelevant to the outcome of presidential elections — the day when a Democrat gets to 270 without Ohio.

Disregarding margins, Dems would get 350 EVs before winning Ohio. Not counting possible shifts in the last four years or elasticity (especially Iowa).

I want them to win without Florida too, for good measure.

It would be crazy for them to win Georgia, North Carolina, and perhaps Arizona. Still come short by 50,000 votes in Florida.

Are you kidding? This is Florida we're talking about. My state! It's a state where I take my dates to the local Waffle House to impress them, and it works!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 07:30:19 PM »

Mueller’s team is speaking out and members are mad Barr didn’t give an accurate picture of their report https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/us/politics/mueller-findings-barr.html

Exoneration exaggeration, folks!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 06:42:49 PM »

I’d imagine that Progressive Pessimist is in a better mood now?

Thank you for your concern. Absolutely I am! Though I started feeling better once Trump's approval numbers barely improved and he started getting cocky again.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 07:18:10 PM »

I’d imagine that Progressive Pessimist is in a better mood now?

Thank you for your concern. Absolutely I am! Though I started feeling better once Trump's approval numbers barely improved and he started getting cocky again.

Mainstream journalists are SO DUMB. The American people deserve better, frankly. I see that on Twitter, a bunch of jokers at NBC and other mainstream press outlets immediately jumped on the "total exoneration" bulls*hit express and now have to eat crow. What the hell happened to critical thinking and analysis? Trump is dead wrong to call these idiots the enemy of the people, but they need to up their game. I'm starting to rethink my New York Times subscription.

Yeah the media definitely f***ed up, which bodes poorly for 2020. But Americans didn't seem to buy it, or even care. Which is overall a net positive, especially now that the truth is finally coming to light.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2019, 06:53:03 PM »

I’m starting to think the guy who helped fire Comey and then only appointed Mueller because he thought Trump was going to throw him under the bus wasn’t a complete straight shooter

To think I had respect for this guy! What's worse is that Jeff Sessions is starting to look like the Trump Justice Department higher-up with the most integrity on this matter!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies