Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:49:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama, Act 3: Cohen Up the River  (Read 76804 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: November 29, 2018, 09:03:56 PM »

#InB4Mueller
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 08:38:51 PM »

The Flynn sentencing memo has been dropped.

Most stuff/huge amounts of stuff is redacted...:

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:25:21 PM »

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »

Fast forwarding a little bit, I wonder if Donnie Half-Scoop will sing as much as Flynn to avoid jail time?  I guarantee Donnie Two-Scoop would have no qualms throwing his own son under the bus if it were the other way round, so I’d say... yes.

Prosecutors only care about getting a witness's cooperation when there's someone higher up the chain to get. Not the situation obviously with the Donald. The best you can do is sing like a canary about any and all other wrongdoings and squirreled Away funds, Etc. He'll never do that.

Donnie Half-Scoop is Don Jr.  Donnie Two-Scoop is the Don of the Family.

How many scoops for Eric?

Pooper scooper
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 06:59:24 PM »

Manafort's crimes and lies

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 07:05:48 PM »

Documents Point to Illegal Campaign Coordination Between Trump and the NRA

Trump and the gun group used the same consultants to spearhead TV ad blitzes at the height of the 2016 election, likely in violation of federal law.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Somehow this ties into the Butina spy stuff, I guess.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 10:56:03 AM »

Regardless of whether Trump himself is indicted and the Constitutional question of whether a sitting President can be indicted, the Trump Organization as a corporate entity is apparently likely to be indicted, according to Marcy Wheeler:

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »

But what's the purpose of putting the country through it?

You are right. Trump should just resign to save America from all the pain and anguish of going through the process of dealing with him. It would be a noble and commendable action, putting the country before himself for the greater good.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 11:14:43 AM »

You guys keep acting like you are the winners. Quite frankly, the Democratic Party is in bad shape. You wanna cite polls? Nancy Pelosi is less popular than Donald Trump. Fact.

Nancy Pelosi is more popular than Mitch McConnell. Fact.

Of course Pelosi is less popular than Trump. Congressional leaders are essentially always less popular than the President, regardless of which party the President/congressional leaders are.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 10:03:24 AM »

Robert Mueller, Eric Trump, and Donald Trump Jr. Appear on SNL
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 04:33:51 PM »

Schiff: Trump may face ‘real prospect of jail time’

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 10:32:01 PM »

President Trump Really May Go to Jail—For the Rest of His Life

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »

You mean impeach Whittaker or impeach Trump?
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 08:05:19 PM »

I hate to laugh at someone for having gout, but if I have to laugh at someone for that, what better person than Manafort?

Paul Manafort Does Indeed Have Gout

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 11:27:43 PM »

Nunes?!? Oh God how I would love to see him get exposed in this! I realize it's only one report about one meeting under scrutiny, but one can only hope.

Devin Nunez is clearly one of if not the greatest political hack of the last decade in doing everything humanly possible to obstruct the house is investigation into the Russia matter. Just find out that he was actively involved in addition to providing coverage for Trump like a good little minion would be just......sigh.

Nunes apparently may have some weird ties to Portuguese intelligence. It would seem a stretch that that plays into it somehow, but at this point with how much weird stuff keeps coming up, who knows where this ends up.

From an old, long, but well worth the ride NYT deep dive into Nunes...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/magazine/how-devin-nunes-turned-the-house-intelligence-committee-inside-out.html

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 12:38:14 AM »

Always glad to see that article pop up, but you missed the money paragraph.

You are right, that is the devastating part.

There does seem to be reason to question Nunes' motives and even his patriotism (like with Trump).

That takes a lot, because I normally tend to think that most people are at least sincere in their beliefs. For instance, I never questioned George W. Bush's patriotism or that he was trying to do what he thought was the right thing. I just thought he had a very different worldview than me.

The current crop of Trumpians just seems different in that respect. Which is to say that they are so bad that I don't think they deserve my respect, because I doubt they think even in their own minds that they are operating in good faith.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 11:22:22 PM »

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 12:10:00 AM »

So about that AG nominee...:

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 12:25:47 AM »

This one has the video of Barr testifying to Klobuchar that suborning perjury is obstruction:

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 12:41:07 AM »

Now my question is: was Klobuchar colluding with Buzzfeed?

LOL, in addition to Klobuchar, Lindsay Graham asked Barr the same thing, with more testimony video of his answer:

Anti-Trump hero, Lindsay Graham...
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 09:47:15 PM »

So more likely than not, BuzzFeed's report was accurate. Team Mueller was just shook from the Cohen details being leaked and needed to activate the flood gates.

Perhaps (also perhaps not though). But also there are people saying things like this which suggest that may be the case:

The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 11:14:39 AM »

The chances of getting a national emergency soon have gone up. Trump would probably like a distraction about now.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 11:36:45 PM »

We're getting closer to the 'invasion of Sicily' moment when Trump's supporters on the GOP will all turn on him at once, especially now Trump has caved on the wall.

Which 'invasion of Sicily' are you referring to?  There are so many.  The one in which the Athenians overplayed their hand during the Peloponnesian War and lost decisively, or the allied invasion after North Africa was secured from the Nazis and General Rommel expelled with his army?  And then there's the Roman invasion that led to the Punic Wars, and ultimately resulted in Rome -at the expense of Carthage, it's closest rival- becoming the undisputed master of Mediterranean world.  And I haven't even touched on the medieval period yet.    

I think the implicit comparison is being made of il douchebag Trump to il duce Mussolini, and therefore the reference is to. If this is really the right analogy, then I guess Putin must be Hitler, and eventually after things go too far downhill for him there will be a Spetsnaz raid to rescue Trump from the clutches of Mueller, but it will turn out to be for naught.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2019, 08:27:22 PM »

We're getting closer to the 'invasion of Sicily' moment when Trump's supporters on the GOP will all turn on him at once, especially now Trump has caved on the wall.

Which 'invasion of Sicily' are you referring to?  There are so many.  The one in which the Athenians overplayed their hand during the Peloponnesian War and lost decisively, or the allied invasion after North Africa was secured from the Nazis and General Rommel expelled with his army?  And then there's the Roman invasion that led to the Punic Wars, and ultimately resulted in Rome -at the expense of Carthage, it's closest rival- becoming the undisputed master of Mediterranean world.  And I haven't even touched on the medieval period yet.    

I think the implicit comparison is being made of il douchebag Trump to il duce Mussolini, and therefore the reference is to. If this is really the right analogy, then I guess Putin must be Hitler, and eventually after things go too far downhill for him there will be a Spetsnaz raid to rescue Trump from the clutches of Mueller, but it will turn out to be for naught.

If you're going with this, what small resort town plays the role of Salo? Aspen?

Yeah, something like that. It could be any ski resort, since they will all be full of angry anti-Trump liberals.

Some other thoughts. Might need a bit of work, but maybe an outline?:

Monte Cassino = indictment of Donald Trump Jr.

Anzio = Mueller Report

Taking Rome = impeachment by the House.

The Gothic Line = trial for impeachment in the Senate. It kinda gets stuck there for a while...

But then...

D-Day = The Iowa caucuses - the opening of a 2nd front. Since the Democrats can't break through the Gothic Line of the Senate, they decide to try to beat Trump in the 2020 election.

The conventions = the Battle of the Bulge.

The election/after labor day = Crossing into Germany, breakout through the Gothic line, and the downfall of Mussolini and Hitler.

This is all of course pretty Anglo-American-centric, of course there is the vast Russian front going on at the same time. Plus the Pacific Theatre (I guess that is North Korea or maybe the Trade War against China).
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies