Who you tend to side with now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:25:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who you tend to side with now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: At this point in time, who do you find yourself generally siding with?
Democratic

Republican

Independent

Other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 158

Author Topic: Who you tend to side with now?  (Read 2695 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »

Republicans. The democrats have gone too far left and must be stopped in 2020.
BTW, mods, great job and not booting this guy. It's not like he wasn't an habitually low-quality poster to begin with. What next? " well, sure he had a link to Stormfront in his signature, but he did take it down when asked.
Don't you ever slander me again, I never had a link to Stormfront in my signature. It seems like you are obsessed with me considering the fact that almost every thread I comment on you bad mouth me and make up a bunch of bs. If you got a problem just put me on ignore instead of crying to the mods like a baby because you got triggered by a bunch of sentences on a screen. BTW, change your avatar from blue to red, you're just a typical RINO.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 05:53:31 PM »

The Democratic Party, which while far from perfect, is at least on the side of reality and decency.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 06:49:27 PM »

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 06:57:25 PM »

I mean, I still hate both parties, Congress, and the President but I definitely prefer more Pub policies, plus the Dems are going out of their way ideologically and personally, to make me hate them more.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2018, 07:04:13 PM »

I still identify as an independent voter, in spite of my avatar and what other users on this forum may say about me.

I could never support the Grand Old Nazi Party. Their fetishization of their dear leader's bigotry and covering up his treason will never let me vote for Republicans, ever.

Even if Roy Moore was the Democratic nominee, I'd vote for him over Cheeto Don.

I completely agree. Voting for the hateful Grand Oligarchic Putin Party is as bad as voting for Hitler, and every GOPer foaming at the mouth for their Fascist sugar daddy Don belongs in an asylum.

Your attempts at humorous trolling are as bad as your attempts at historical revisionism about the Civil War.

And on to ignore you go. Long-overdue, really.

This is not a surprising move. I actually give credit to Yellowhammer for satirizing the absolutely ridiculous positions espoused by people such as Badger, ProudModerate2, and Ghost of Ruin.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »

The Democratic Party, which while far from perfect, is at least on the side of reality and decency.

Proud to be a Democrat.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2018, 08:12:59 PM »

Isn't this why we have avatars?
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2018, 09:18:38 PM »

Republicans on Social Issues
Democrats on Economic Issues
Independent on Foreign Policy (lean isolationist)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2018, 12:05:39 AM »

I side with the Democrats because I oppose everything the GOP is truly about these days.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2018, 10:14:32 AM »

UncleSam

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2018, 10:53:21 AM »

I have been a Republican supporter forever.  But a few months ago, I became so fed up with the off the rails President and his administration, and so fed up with the gutless congressional Republicans, that I became a Democratic supporter.

I cheered when the Democrats took over the House in the mid terms, and was hoping for a Democratic take over in the Senate as well. I will not return to the Republicans until the Trump train wreck has been replaced by sensible Republicans.

Mitt Romney and Ted Cruz are two of the only bright lights in the current Republican congressional delegation, and some times Jeff Flake and Bob Corker.

It seems that you have indicated this before.
But in the past year, I thought I noticed you jumping back and forth (pro trump vs against trump).
He’s a troll lol

There is no way in hell someone who likes Ted Cruz would cheer for Dems to defeat generic Rs (rather than Trump himself to lose). Cruz is well to Trump’s right on policy (and is a generally unlikable person to boot), and there is just zero reason for someone that far right as to actually like him to then turn around and root for the polar opposite.

The obvious conclusion is he is either lying or trolling.

Anyway I used to side with Dems slightly more often but now I’ve started siding with Rs more often, or at least I do when posting on this hardcore leftist forum. I tended to side with whichever side was less represented by the people around me, but I think that since I started working in Seattle I’ve been continually disgusted with the absolute failure that total leftist control of this city has led to.

I suppose then that I’m an example of someone who is always fed up with the current in-party - just more on a local scale than a national one. I suspect I’ll be waiting a long time before the city of Seattle is anything other than a leftist utopia.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »

Republican mostly unless there's a reputable 3rd party Libertarian.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 12:06:23 PM »

Either you accept our nation abandoning democracy in favor of race-motivated fascism, or you do not.
Correct. This is why my main concern in the upcoming primaries is nominating somebody who can beat Trump. Whatever political differences there might be between various candidates on the democratic side fade into complete insignificance next to the importance of ousting the orange nemesis.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2018, 12:18:58 PM »

Roblox

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2018, 12:23:37 PM »

Democrats, because reality and decency, as well as being closer to me on just about every single major policy issue.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2018, 04:39:40 PM »

The good guys. Next.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2018, 06:15:58 PM »

Democrats, who are the secularists, who ascendancy, is just the beginning in 2018, and will fulfill its promise to win in 2020's, like it was foretold.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2018, 07:02:48 PM »

I have been a Republican supporter forever.  But a few months ago, I became so fed up with the off the rails President and his administration, and so fed up with the gutless congressional Republicans, that I became a Democratic supporter.

I cheered when the Democrats took over the House in the mid terms, and was hoping for a Democratic take over in the Senate as well. I will not return to the Republicans until the Trump train wreck has been replaced by sensible Republicans.

Mitt Romney and Ted Cruz are two of the only bright lights in the current Republican congressional delegation, and some times Jeff Flake and Bob Corker.   

Ted...Cruz?
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2018, 10:30:00 PM »

Independent at this point pretty much. I'd probably be a Democrat at this point if they aren't ruining Illinois. Assuming the GOP gets it's stuff together I'd return.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2018, 12:07:10 AM »

Republicans, though I find myself more and more isolated from my party.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2018, 01:53:35 AM »

Democrats.

I grew up during the Clinton and Bush 43 administrations. I liked the former but not the latter. The year I turned legal age was also the year Republicans lost control of Congress under Bush. These things have led me to vote Democratic in my voting career thus far.
Buzz

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2018, 02:25:14 AM »

Republican

Democrats are bat**** crazy
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2018, 12:50:40 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2018, 04:51:42 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

I'm actually happy with a split Congress.  Nothing harmful will get done now.

At the deepest levels of my being, I could never identify as a Republican, even though now I have been a REGISTERED Republican longer than I was a registered Democrat.  I was reared in a God-Fearing Democratic Household (you read this correctly) and the GOP has ALWAYS been the party of favor for the rich, winning at all costs, and a generalized lack of fairness.  The GOP, traditionally, has always been the party of telling people how to live, how they're not patriotic enough, and the party that's all for another war.  Even now, the GOP is the party of many of this sort, plus they're the party who concoct schemes to block blacks from voting (in the name of "voter fraud"), take huge sums from private prison providers and the Koch Brothers, are the worst sort of climate deniers and science deniers, and beat dead horses over issues like SSM just to keep the base amped up.  And they're not bothered at all that in the richest nation in the world, millions cannot get sick without either having no access to healthcare or facing medical bankruptcy.

All of that poo poo has to be balanced against a Democratic Party that has collectively lost its mind.  A Democratic Party that rejoices in coal miners getting thrown out of work as a victory for the environment, with no viable plan to manage their displacement.  A Democratic Party that takes a progressively hostile tack toward Fundamentalist Christians to where such folks (of which I am one) can imagine the right kind of Democratic majority enacting measures where preaching the Gospel, itself, and Scripture, as written, will be labeled as "hate speech" and all sorts of sanctions brought down not just on churches, but on individual Christians as well.  A Democratic Party that mandates support of all abortion as a litmus test and desires public funds be mandated to pay for abortions.  A Democratic Party that advocates Open Borders sub silentio because it has no regard for the taxpayers of America and lacks the integrity to be honest as to the costs of such a policy or their real motive (manipulating the demography of America in their electoral favor).  A party that has rejected the proposition that the traditional nuclear family is the unit of social organization that produces the best long-term outcomes for children, with it's policies reflecting that rejection.  A Democratic Party who sacrificed the advocacy of working class folks with conservative values for the feminist left.

I mean, what a choice for me.  
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2018, 12:53:32 PM »

Not particularly enthusiastic about either side. I guess I'm just waiting for Trump to lose in 2020 and after that I'll fully join the GOP DeSantis/Cotton 2024 bandwagon (yeah, I know there aren't many meaningful policy differences, but policy isn't my main issue with Trump).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »

Not particularly enthusiastic about either side. I guess I'm just waiting for Trump to lose in 2020 and after that I'll fully join the GOP DeSantis/Cotton 2024 bandwagon (yeah, I know there aren't many meaningful policy differences, but policy isn't my main issue with Trump).

I consider Tom Cotton to be one of the most dangerous men in America.

I find him to be absolutely devoid of compassion for anyone less fortunate, an unbridled warmonger, and thoroughly mean-spirited.  It's bad for America that he's in the Senate.  The thought of him as being in the line of succession to the White House is utterly frightening.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies