Where do you think the new House districts in Texas will be located?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:10:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Where do you think the new House districts in Texas will be located?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Where do you think the new House districts in Texas will be located?  (Read 2304 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »

While CVAP districts might be upheld for local politics - as you say there is a case to be made as far a Texas goes, I don't see how one could justify them for Congressional lines. We currently redistrict using population, so there is a implicit agreement that one needs to use said population numbers. If a state were to adopt CVAP, then they would be using different standards and their voters would be violating ! man one vote. Said states voters would be having more/less say then they were allotted via redistricting: Texas adopting this for instance would probably result in districts at least with 100K less voters then the rest of the nation.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 04:12:35 PM »

Anyway the GOP should assume beto numbers are the baseline next decade. Say 2020 trumo is defeated and 2024 is a election of the dem prez I expect beto numbers in the suburbs by that time. But of course the GOP will think that those Highland Park voters will swing left when soon they will become another zip code giving millions to the dems
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 03:49:24 AM »

Texas 2020 redistricting, reminds me a lot of when Arkansas Democrats drew the new maps in 2010.
Try Georgia 1992...
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 07:28:29 AM »

Texas 2020 redistricting, reminds me a lot of when Arkansas Democrats drew the new maps in 2010.
Try Georgia 1992...

I think a court actually ended up drawing that map since Dems were so conflicted.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2018, 06:15:28 PM »

Try Georgia 1992...

Newt just barely squeaked by in 1990, so Georgia Dems were gunning for him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies