MT-SEN 2020: Time for Bullock? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:01:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-SEN 2020: Time for Bullock? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-SEN 2020: Time for Bullock?  (Read 9274 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: December 05, 2018, 10:32:20 AM »

Bullock is probably a stronger candidate than Bredesen was and is a more recent Governor, and MT is a more hospitable state than TN. But on the other hand, Daines is an incumbent and is a better candidate than Blackburn (and also better than Rosendale was).

Bullock has done well in the past in gubernatorial races, but those are a very different matter than Federal races and are much less polarized.

Bottom line - I won't believe, and nobody should believe, that Bullock has a serious chance of winning unless and until he is up in the polls by at least 5-10 points a month or two from election day at the earliest. By default, Daines should be considered the favorite barring very strong evidence that Bullock can win.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 10:38:22 AM »

don’t say you weren’t warned when the first poll of this race shows Bullock up by 8 points or something like that.

That wouldn't really be all that surprising. The question is, though, what will the polls say a week before the election.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:48:43 PM »

In early 1976, nobody knew who Jimmy Carter was for example.

In early 1976, white people from southern states similar to Georgia were a big part of the base of the Democratic party.

In early 2020, white people from small rural states similar to Montana will not be a big part of the base of the Democratic party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies