If Russia is made to give up Kaliningrad, who should it go to?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:16:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  If Russia is made to give up Kaliningrad, who should it go to?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: If Russia is made to give up Kaliningrad, who should it go to?
Germany

Poland

Lithuania

Independent Kaliningrad under international supervision (like Danzig in the interwar period)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: If Russia is made to give up Kaliningrad, who should it go to?  (Read 3310 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2018, 11:20:25 PM »

In general - i repeat my proposal to end this "discussion". Itr serves no purpose, as no one wiill convince no one, and you know this very well. The topic was "If Russia is made up to give up Kaliningrad..". I stated, rthat:

1. This is an extremely unpopular idea in Russia as about 90+% of Russian population is absolutely in no mood to give up Kaliningrad. Or Crimea. Or Kuril islands for that matter (diplomats discuss it i know, but there was a poll recently and only 15% of population are ready to even consider it).

2. Short of all-out war there are no means "to force" Russian government or people to do it, and in case of such war the question becomes moot just the same. West simply doesn't have enough leverages to achieve this purpose otherwise.

3. So, the question becomes abstract and theoretical for at least of 50 years (probably, not one, but two generations must change both in the West and Russia for this matter to be discussed productively and constructively).

4. Essentially, this is the end of the story for now, and i, frankly, have no interest in what will happen 50 years from now, when i surely will not be alive (and even my son - may not)

5. You are very unlikely to meet more "liberal" and "pro-Western" position, then my, in discussions with people, who permanently live in Russia. I am considered a "bona fide pro-West radical" here, almost to the level of "traitor"

6. Sign off.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2018, 12:25:21 AM »

EAST PRUSSIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhb6yf-j6JA

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2018, 04:34:28 AM »

Smoltchanov making a fool of himself, hurling insults at people smarter than him and attempting to shut down debate. Just Another day at Atlas.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2018, 01:26:49 PM »

Smoltchanov making a fool of himself, hurling insults at people smarter than him and attempting to shut down debate. Just Another day at Atlas.

The gentleman did not even notice that, as far as Kaliningrad is concerned, I started by saying Kaliningrad is Russia, period Smiley He had to go on a Crimean tangent - and goofed up beyond belief. I mean, these people say Crimea touches their eternal sould, or whatever - they should know, at least, a little bit about it Smiley And this is after all those boasts about the quality of Russian schooling Smiley

And, yeah, he is relatively liberal for a Russian. Though I try to deal with those Russians that are, actually, liberal.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2018, 07:08:17 PM »

Danzig

Or war.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length