VA-2021: Mark Herring is IN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:16:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-2021: Mark Herring is IN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: VA-2021: Mark Herring is IN  (Read 2417 times)
AudmanOut
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 02:12:09 PM »

Its hilarious watching people pretend VA is as partisan as TN.
Don’t worry, it will be soon enough! You can deny it all you want but Virginia will never vote republican until a realignment and is getting even more democratic.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »

It's hilarious watching people pretend Republicans have a chance at winning Virginia.
The overconfidence of people on Atlas is hilarious...they never learn. Have fun with another term for you-know-who 
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »

It's hilarious watching people pretend Republicans have a chance at winning Virginia.
The overconfidence of people on Atlas is hilarious...they never learn. Have fun with another term for you-know-who  

I actually think Trump has a good shot at re-election, but ok.

There is no way in hell the GOP is winning Virginia anytime soon. The fact they couldn't even win it in 2014 even with a Dem who did godawful in Northern Virginia says a lot. I can tell you that no Democrat is losing Loudon County like Warner did in 2014 anytime soon.

You actually thought Comstock had a chance at winning in 2018 in a Clinton +10 seat, so I wouldn't be calling out people for being overconfident.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 02:28:21 PM »

re: 2017... in what universe is a 9 point win with a 4 point improvement over a federal race not a blowout Huh

It's all relative I guess. I don't consider a 9 point win a blowout in general terms. That isn't to say it's not very significant in the context of Virginia politics, and more to what I was saying, far more meaningful than 2009's result, given how polarized Trump made the electorate and given that VA 2017 saw increased turnout from both sides, meaning Democrats didn't do so well just by Republicans failing to vote. They simply turned out their base and won some extras on the side.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2018, 07:27:24 PM »

I mean, considering even Maryland elected a Republican governor twice, clearly Virginia could as well.

But yeah, in situations like this the burden of proof is on the minority party to actually prove they can make a competitive race.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2018, 07:34:06 PM »

Should I hate Herring?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2018, 09:11:44 PM »

I think George Allen should run again, he could perhaps take down Herring, a bad candidate that underperformed both McAuliffe and Northam.

LMAO. Virginia is a solid blue state now, and a retread will only solidify that.

Lean Blue, don't kid yourself
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2018, 09:15:15 PM »

I think George Allen should run again, he could perhaps take down Herring, a bad candidate that underperformed both McAuliffe and Northam.

LMAO. Virginia is a solid blue state now, and a retread will only solidify that.

VA GOP just got BTFO in every state race in 2009 and the GOP primary electorate isn't capable of nominating the right kind of GOPer for NOVA.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2018, 09:28:03 PM »

I don’t know what’s more hilarious, the idea that Virginia is still a swing state/Tossup that’s easily winnable for Republicans in a good year for their party or that West Virginia is still a Democratic state at heart.

Virginia is gone. Safe D. Nah, Titanium D. Deal with it.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2018, 10:28:03 PM »

Good
I am a fan
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2018, 10:52:49 PM »

YES!
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2018, 04:10:59 PM »

VA GOP just got BTFO in every state race in 2009 and the GOP primary electorate isn't capable of nominating the right kind of GOPer for NOVA.

Hence Lean D. I never said it's a tossup. MAYBE I'll give you that the Lean is closer to Likely than to Tossup, but it's not Solid by any means.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2018, 04:30:40 PM »

Hence Lean D. I never said it's a tossup. MAYBE I'll give you that the Lean is closer to Likely than to Tossup, but it's not Solid by any means.

Lean D implies there is a chance of an R getting elected in Virginia. The fact Republicans couldn't even win here in 2014 of all years says a lot about the GOP's odds. That 2014 result was with the GOP winning Loudon County, only losing by 4 in Prince William County, and only losing by 17 in Fairfax County. None of those 3 results will happen anytime soon. In fact, they can't even win Virginia Beach or Chesterfield County consistently anymore.

It's a solidly Democratic state, no matter how much you put your head in the sand.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2018, 04:36:18 PM »

There are plenty of D hacks on this site, but it's not like Republicans aren't hacks here either.

Wisconsin: Goes to Trump by less than 1% after Clinton took it for granted, then proceeds to re-elect a Democratic Senator by double digits and kick out a Republican Governor.

R hacks: Lean R, Wisconsin will be gone for Democrats soon.

Virginia: Goes to Clinton by over 5%, then elects a Democratic Governor by 9% and re-elects a Democratic Senator by 16%.

R hacks: Lean D at most! This state is NOT GONE for Republicans and we can still win here!

Before 2016, a lot of D hacks argued that lots of states were trending Democratic, but no state was trending Republican. Now, a lot of R hacks are claiming the opposite.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »

There are plenty of D hacks on this site, but it's not like Republicans aren't hacks here either.

Wisconsin: Goes to Trump by less than 1% after Clinton took it for granted, then proceeds to re-elect a Democratic Senator by double digits and kick out a Republican Governor.

Virginia: Goes to Clinton by over 5%, then elects a Democratic Governor by 9% and re-elects a Democratic Senator by 16%.

R hacks: Lean D at most! This state is NOT GONE for Republicans and we can still win here!

Before 2016, a lot of D hacks argued that lots of states were trending Democratic, but no state was trending Republican. Now, a lot of R hacks are claiming the opposite.
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2018, 06:28:43 PM »

There are some hacks on here that claim TX will be Solid R for the foreseeable future.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2018, 06:55:57 PM »

There are some hacks on here that claim TX will be Solid R for the foreseeable future.

Yeah the Texas R hacks after seeing Trump 2016, Cruz 2018, and the congressional GOP house total in 2018 are still convinced the state is likely/safe R. They seem to have forgotten that for at least a generation the TX Democratic Party didn’t win a single statewide office and going into 2016 and 2018 they had effectively zero Party infrastructure yet far exceeded expectations.

Texas could go Dem twice for President and they’ll still call it a fluke.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2018, 02:45:51 AM »

Pretty early to announce. We may see a primary fight against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, who lost the AG nomination to him in 2013. Or Fairfax, who is just turning 40, sits the race out and runs four years later since the lt. gov. has no term limit.

Safe D with Trump/a GOPer in the WH, otherwise Likely D.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »

Not a fan, hopefully Fairfax jumps in.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: