My Return
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:01:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My Return
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My Return  (Read 5597 times)
Demrepdan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2005, 03:26:22 PM »

Let me start by saying that I haven't been lurking in the shadows much, and I haven't been keeping an eye on the events that occur at the forum. However, a select few individuals have told me over instant messenger of how the forum has been sinking deeper into decadence even more so than when I left. I didn't really understand exactly why it was being destroyed, nor did I care. I figured you guys have dug your own graves, now you can lay in them.

However, just recently I learned a few shocking things that have occurred and are SET to occur on the fantasy elections. Such as the current President-elect pushing for a secret ballot, something I've been against since my time, months ago, as Secretary of Forum Affairs, when SOME people suggested that I be given the privilege of counting secret ballots. I saw then, as I see now, what that could lead to. I refused to be the secret ballot counter even though I would have been honest, because I knew what it could eventually lead to; utter corruption of the democratic process and a dictatorial style of government. The Secretary of Forum Affairs, under the influence of the President, could simply LIE (ain't that hard to do, folks) and say that his boss won in a LANDSLIDE. Eventually, over time, the President could even dissolve the body of the Senate, if given the chance.

Now I'm not going to argue too much about this particular topic, because I did so more than a year ago when writing my constitution, and I don't feel like debating it again, especially when no one will listen to me.

I've also noticed some good friends of mine, Nym, Andrew Berger, Hugh, and Clay have left the fantasy elections. When I left, I felt they were the only good people around. Now I do know there are SOME good people left, but they are not in a position of power to do anything. Nor am I, but to slightly alter a quote from Batman Begins, "What chance does the forum have when the good people do nothing?"

I think one of the things that really hit me is when I heard that the Midwest region seceded from Atlasia. That's when I knew that a good amount of people must agree with the statement I made months ago, that the Fantasy Elections are no longer fun. That was the point of these elections, people. And it was fun for a brief few months at the beginning, until many began to ruin it with smear campaigns and allegiances borne from evil. You know who you are.

Anyway, some of you may not like to see me back, some of you may not care, and some of you may not even know who I am. For those of you who don't know who I am, let me briefly introduce myself. I am one of the founding fathers of the fantasy elections, many other founding fathers have now left as I did. But I felt that I should return, that I should make it my duty to at least TRY to fix things. Even if I fail, at least I can say I've tried. And after much thought, I've decided that I must bring about change no matter the cost. And I have nothing to loose, no dignity, no respect, no honor. All those were destroyed months ago by some of you. I have nothing, so I will make sure that YOU have something in the Fantasy Elections. And bringing back fun is my main goal. I will attempt to bring about change by civil debate, but as illustrated months ago when I TRIED to do that then, it is a pointless task. And taking in account that the forum has sunk even lower than after I left, I do not feel that simple debate will be sufficient. But I will try at first, nonetheless.

And to the people of the newly formed Republic of West Atlasia. I reach out my hand in friendship to you. I recognize you as your own sovereign nation, for instilled in you are the last shreds of hope the forum has. You have spoken out with a loud voice, that you are tired of the MONTHS of decay and corruption. Many have not heard you...I have.

And to the other members of the forum who find the elections are no longer fun. I need your help. I need you to join me. I need you to help rattle the cages of this dying beast, that is Atlasia. I will work passively if I can...but I will go to any length to make sure those cages are rattled. The decision on what actions I take are left up to the government of Atlasia. The time is now...and I'm back to make it so.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 03:27:33 PM »

Oh boy. Cheesy
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 03:29:04 PM »

Welcome Back!

I wasn't around when you were here, but I've heard a lot about you.  The founding fathers of Atlasia aren't ever forgotten.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 03:32:52 PM »

The corpse speaks! Grin

Seriously though, welcome back Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 03:36:04 PM »

Welcome back Dan
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 03:38:16 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2005, 03:40:08 PM by Senator MasterJedi »

Welcome back though based on that post you don't know some of the things that have happened.

EDIT: And I'll be pushing for a secret ballot and not only the SoFA gets one. So too bad so sad. Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 03:39:46 PM »

Shocked Woah, welcome back, Dan! Cheesy

Welcome back though based on that post you don't know some of the things that have happened.

What do you mean by that?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 03:43:24 PM »

Secret ballot can be done with no fraud. Hugh is Senator-elect. Just have a bad feeling about what he wants to do and how he wants to do it.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 03:44:42 PM »

Hey......Dan......what's up....with...you...man? Smiley

Nice to see you come back, though you have some explaining to do about your Naso vote Smiley
Demrepdan

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 03:48:02 PM »

Secret ballot can be done with no fraud. Hugh is Senator-elect. Just have a bad feeling about what he wants to do and how he wants to do it.

The secret ballot issue was NOT the main focus of my speech. I wanted to stress the need for CHANGE.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 03:48:31 PM »

Though I support the secret ballot, I join the others in welcoming your return.
Demrepdan

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 03:50:43 PM »

Hey......Dan......what's up....with...you...man? Smiley

Nice to see you come back, though you have some explaining to do about your Naso vote Smiley

Sure, I'll explain. I voted for Naso pretty much as a protest vote. I wanted him to win so people would wake up and start getting mad. Same goes for my "striking" as Supreme Court Justice. I refused to participate just to rattle things up, and force the Senate to oust me. Since my term wouldn't expire like a Senator or Governor's term....they would HAVE to do something about me. But, both of my efforts to envoke change failed in those two instance.

And probably this new effort will fail as well. However, I intend for this "campaign for change" to be more than just protest votes and "striking".
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 03:52:14 PM »

I was joking, but at least you have an explaination. Welcome back though.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 03:56:24 PM »

Grin
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 03:59:16 PM »

The secret ballot issue was NOT the main focus of my speech. I wanted to stress the need for CHANGE.

Yes we know we need some reform but that will have to wait until the next Senate session soon.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 04:04:31 PM »

Welcome back, Dan!! Smiley This is a surprise! A lot of the oldies are coming back, albeit temporarily (such as Mr. Fresh, SteveNick, you, etc.). All we need now are PD and John. Wink Grin
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 04:05:07 PM »

Welcome back.

Are you intending on re-registering?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 04:15:33 PM »

The Secretary of Forum Affairs, under the influence of the President, could simply LIE (ain't that hard to do, folks) and say that his boss won in a LANDSLIDE. Eventually, over time, the President could even dissolve the body of the Senate, if given the chance.
Not you if go by Joe's idea, which is that the SoFA isn't the only one who counts the ballot. Or you could go by my idea, which is that each party appoints a representative to help count votes.
Demrepdan

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 04:20:15 PM »

Welcome back, Dan!! Smiley This is a surprise! A lot of the oldies are coming back, albeit temporarily (such as Mr. Fresh, SteveNick, you, etc.). All we need now are PD and John. Wink Grin

I hope you're not grouping me with the likes of PD and John. Ha Wink
Demrepdan

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 04:21:03 PM »

Yes we know we need some reform but that will have to wait until the next Senate session soon.

I didn't give a time-line....although...you never know what could happen between now and the next Senatorial election.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 04:22:44 PM »

I hope you're not grouping me with the likes of PD and John. Ha Wink
No, I'm not. Smiley PD and John have become somewhat of cult figures since you've left. Search the Atlas Wiki for Church of PD. Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005, 04:38:11 PM »

Welcome...back...Dan.  Smiley
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 04:41:58 PM »

Welcome back, Dan.  Cheesy

Even though I talk to you a lot on IM, it's nice to see you back here too.

I stand with you in the fact that this place needs CHANGE quick.  And the split that occured in the midwest doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on the rest of Atlasia; they don't seem to care that they've lost part of their country and some of their former citizens.

Things need to change.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 05:09:38 PM »

Welcome back, Dan.  Cheesy

I stand with you in the fact that this place needs CHANGE quick.  And the split that occured in the midwest doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on the rest of Atlasia; they don't seem to care that they've lost part of their country and some of their former citizens.

Things need to change.

Things will change once the next Senate session gets in. Only you and CheeseWhiz (maybe somebody else) are still technically in the rebellion. DanielX is now part of both. Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 05:14:25 PM »

Welcome back, Dan.  Cheesy

I stand with you in the fact that this place needs CHANGE quick.  And the split that occured in the midwest doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on the rest of Atlasia; they don't seem to care that they've lost part of their country and some of their former citizens.

Things need to change.

Things will change once the next Senate session gets in. Only you and CheeseWhiz (maybe somebody else) are still technically in the rebellion. DanielX is now part of both. Smiley

Speed of Sound is also in the Rebellion.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies