Michael Moore Face-off
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:54:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Book Reviews and Discussion (Moderator: Torie)
  Michael Moore Face-off
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which 21st Century Michael Moore book is better?
Stupid White Men

Dude, Where's My Country?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Michael Moore Face-off  (Read 14153 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 01:22:42 AM »

I wouldn't read a Michael Moore book if you put a gun to my head.  I'm sure they both suck.

And I'm sick and tired of the double standard on political correctness.  If somebody came out with a book called Stupid Black Men, or Stupid Black Bitches, or something like that, the high priestesses of political correctness would be screaming bloody murder.  Why should we be the only people that it's OK to attack on the basis of race and gender?  F&$k that fat piece of s$*t Michael Moore and all who support him.

I'm no big fan of attack, name-calling politics on either side, but I'd rather be called stupid by Michael Moore than treasonous by Anne Coulter. She is the most repulsive person in punditry today.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I guess Dazzleman isn't always so moderate after all.

Liking Coulter less than Moore while being a Republican actually is a rather good sign of moderateness.

Did I even say anything about Coulter?  Memphis is the one who mentioned Coulter.  I don't know what you people are talking about.

Oh, sorry, confused the quote area.

No worries, man.  I figured that out.  I was more confused by Pym Fortuyn's comment, though I have found that his comments aren't always logical anyway. Tongue

The reason I don't sound "logical" is b/c you missed the point of my "moderation" remark. I was offended by you calling Michael Moore a fat piece of you know what and saying f*** all those that support him. You are so eager to get into one of your anti-liberal diatribes that you totally missed my point. I actually agree with you that its wrong to only bash whites.

I meant moderate in the sense that you lost your usual civility and started swearing and telling off Moore's supporters, I've never seen you get so angry before.

I actually think people who listen to Ann Coulter are stupid retards but you don't see me getting that childish. That woman is scum.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 10:22:15 PM »

The reason I don't sound "logical" is b/c you missed the point of my "moderation" remark. I was offended by you calling Michael Moore a fat piece of you know what and saying f*** all those that support him. You are so eager to get into one of your anti-liberal diatribes that you totally missed my point. I actually agree with you that its wrong to only bash whites.

I meant moderate in the sense that you lost your usual civility and started swearing and telling off Moore's supporters, I've never seen you get so angry before.

I actually think people who listen to Ann Coulter are stupid retards but you don't see me getting that childish. That woman is scum.

And what I said about Michael Moore was pretty moderate compared to the way I really feel about him. Tongue  Honestly, I can't put Ann Coulter in the same class as Michael Moore.  I know you'll think it's because she's conservative, but I just don't see her as being as malevolent as he is.  She says a lot of things for effect and to get attention, but he really means what he says, in my opinion.  That makes him worse.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 11:06:38 PM »

Honestly, I can't put Ann Coulter in the same class as Michael Moore.  I know you'll think it's because she's conservative, but I just don't see her as being as malevolent as he is. 

I can.  But that's not a defense of Michael Moore.  Both of these guys have serious problems. 
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 11:08:49 PM »

Honestly, I can't put Ann Coulter in the same class as Michael Moore.  I know you'll think it's because she's conservative, but I just don't see her as being as malevolent as he is. 

I can.  But that's not a defense of Michael Moore.  Both of these guys have serious problems. 

It's all a matter of opinion.  I can see why some people would say that about Ann Coulter, though I don't agree that she belongs in the same class as Moore.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 11:51:34 PM »

I wouldn't read a Michael Moore book if you put a gun to my head.  I'm sure they both suck.

And I'm sick and tired of the double standard on political correctness.  If somebody came out with a book called Stupid Black Men, or Stupid Black Bitches, or something like that, the high priestesses of political correctness would be screaming bloody murder.  Why should we be the only people that it's OK to attack on the basis of race and gender?  F&$k that fat piece of s$*t Michael Moore and all who support him.

I'm no big fan of attack, name-calling politics on either side, but I'd rather be called stupid by Michael Moore than treasonous by Anne Coulter. She is the most repulsive person in punditry today.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dazzleman is definitely not a moderate. Don't let the fact that the country is run by crazy wingnuts fool you into thinking that Dazzleman is a moderate.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2005, 11:52:46 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dazzleman is definitely not a moderate. Don't let the fact that the country is run by crazy wingnuts fool you into thinking that Dazzleman is a moderate.

Anyone to the right of Stalin is a wingnut by your standards.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2005, 11:55:57 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I didn't call you a wingnut, fool, but I can if you want me to.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 12:01:15 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I didn't call you a wingnut, fool, but I can if you want me to.

I couldn't care less if you do.  Your opinion means less to me than the dirt on the bottom of my shoe.  I just question the need for you to maintain such a nasty demeanor.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 01:22:54 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Again, I should repeat that I phrased my reply wrong. What I should have written was:

"Guess Dazzleman isn't so civil after all"

I was talking about his tone, not his ideology. Sorry about the confusion.

Tory

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2005, 10:15:43 AM »

^^^^^
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2005, 04:12:17 AM »

Well I hated that one, not that I read it or anything Tongue

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and i dont plan to read, or buy it, except maybe to burn it. Tongue

Burning books, hmm, isn't that what the Nazi Party did in the 1940s? Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2005, 06:30:56 PM »

Stupid White Men is fine, not too informed in parts. Dude etc I looked into and turned away bored after some pages, didn't buy it of course. Actually Moore's far-and-away best book is Downsize This.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies