MD: 2018 Comptroller General General Election Result
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:33:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD: 2018 Comptroller General General Election Result
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD: 2018 Comptroller General General Election Result  (Read 1430 times)
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2018, 09:16:35 PM »

New Election: 2018 Maryland Comptroller General General Election Results

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 09:24:21 PM »

You have the winner/loser reversed. I actually wanted to believe something like that happened, as if the Republican ran as a liberal and the Democrat ran as the conservative. But urban blacks and rural whites obviously aren't voting opposite in this day in age.

Nevermind.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 06:57:41 AM »

I imagine this is such a massive blowout (even by MD standards) because of an uncontroversial incumbent?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 08:11:26 AM »

I imagine this is such a massive blowout (even by MD standards) because of an uncontroversial incumbent?

It's funny, I actually didn't vote for him because he refused to endorse Jealous. I wrote in my wife's name.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 12:55:23 PM »

It's funny, I actually didn't vote for him because he refused to endorse Jealous. I wrote in my wife's name.
He has done a good job, tbf
Timothy87
Rookie

P P

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 04:59:14 PM »

He's extremely well liked, he's made it no secret that he's a big Hogan fan and he declined to endorse Jealous. That and the Republican was a complete and total unknown.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 01:30:59 AM »

He's extremely well liked, he's made it no secret that he's a big Hogan fan and he declined to endorse Jealous. That and the Republican was a complete and total unknown.

The fact that the Republican's name was "Anjali Reed Phukan" probably didn't help matters either.

Lol at Cecil County still voting Republican though. I went to visit family there as a kid pretty often and it was like stepping into Alabama.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »

The fact that the Republican's name was "Anjali Reed Phukan" probably didn't help matters either.

Lol at Cecil County still voting Republican though. I went to visit family there as a kid pretty often and it was like stepping into Alabama.
The last time I was there (about 3 years ago), I immediately saw a pickup truck with a license plate that had the flag of the Northern Virginia Army on it (what we commonly refer to today as "the confederate flag".

Still, it's impressive that Franchot got with 3% of carrying it.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »

Really? You should go to Hartford, lol. It is way worse.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 02:04:57 PM »

I wonder what % of the voting public knows what a comptroller does?
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 02:22:56 PM »

I wonder what % of the voting public knows what a comptroller does?

Probably around the same percentage who could correctly pronounce "comptroller".
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 11:53:16 PM »

Franchot in Maryland, Galvin in Massachusetts, and White in Illinois put in commanding performances this year. Those of Franchot and Galvin are particularly so, given that both cleared 70% of the vote at the same time that popular Republican Governors Hogan and Baker were re-elected.
Timothy87
Rookie

P P

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »

Hmm.. last I checked there is no Hartford County Maryland thank you very much
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »

I meant Harford, lol. And I guess I was being too broad, the southern section of the county is generally FF, albeit quite boring. It is the northern half where you start seeing the confederate flags.
Timothy87
Rookie

P P

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2018, 02:44:09 PM »

I meant Harford, lol. And I guess I was being too broad, the southern section of the county is generally FF, albeit quite boring. It is the northern half where you start seeing the confederate flags.

I grew up in Harford and lived there til I was 25. It's a conservative area but they're not blanket racists. I see a confederate flag once in a while but its not like its rural Alabama. Cecil is definitely more conservative than Harford

wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2018, 10:20:00 PM »

I strongly doubt it. He's pretty old and, seeing as the Governor's Mansion will almost assuredly swing back to the Ds after Hogan, there's probably a higher-profile candidate waiting in the wings.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies