CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 03:32:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33
Author Topic: CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House  (Read 59066 times)
DaWN
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: June 11, 2020, 05:47:43 PM »

lol what a dumbarse

He'll still beat Gardner by miles of course. He's no longer a lock in the primary though. Romanoff will also beat Gardner by miles.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #576 on: June 11, 2020, 05:48:07 PM »

This is really pathetic. What kind of strategy is "I believe Joe Biden is a rapist, yes I support said rapist"? Hickenlooper clearly isn't ready for primetime and hopefully Romanoff manages to pull an upset victory- though I doubt it will happen.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #577 on: June 11, 2020, 05:49:11 PM »

Romanoff has always been the better choice here.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #578 on: June 11, 2020, 06:04:11 PM »

Hickenlooper should've never run for this.

Romanoff 2020.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #579 on: June 11, 2020, 06:28:05 PM »

Likely D flip - - -> Lean D flip.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #580 on: June 11, 2020, 07:25:31 PM »

Saying you believe Reade is a f***ing stupid thing to say.

Saying George Floyd was shot is a f***ing stupid thing to say.

Drinking a glass of disgusting, frothy liquid to show that fracking is safe for the water supply is a f***ing stupid thing to do.

Hickenlooper is still going to defeat both Romanoff and Gardner easily and be the next senator from the great state of Colorado.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #581 on: June 11, 2020, 08:05:17 PM »

Say what you will about the Tara Reade allegations, but for John Hickenlooper to say that he "believes" in them and that he still supports Biden is beyond ignorant. This is to say nothing of his ignorance regarding George Floyd's death. I'm definitely not on the Hickenlooper Train now, as much as I was before, but he's still going to defeat Romanoff and Gardner.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »

No. This will be walked back soon and won't matter in the general election.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #583 on: June 12, 2020, 09:02:34 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2020, 09:14:53 AM by SirWoodbury »

Source: https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/06/11/corporate-donations-governors-office-john-hickenlooper-anadarko/

A CBS4 investigation has uncovered millions of dollars in donations from corporations and private foundations to the governor’s office. The off-the-books donations date back at least 20 years. Gov. Jared Polis’ office says he has five privately funded positions in his office, including one funded by an anonymous donor who funneled $135,000 through the Silicone Valley Foundation.
But former Gov. John Hickenlooper admits he took the public-private model to a new level, funding programs and even positions in his administration with no oversight.

Among the biggest donors was the former Anadarko Oil and Gas. The company donated $25,000 to the governor’s office in 2017, just days after a deadly explosion in Firestone was tied to a leaking underground pipeline owned by the company.
“We tried to be as transparent as we could be, we issued press releases,” said Hickenlooper.

He said the donations were for a variety of initiatives and provided flyers for some of them, showing Anadarko as one of many sponsors.
The donations ran in the millions of dollars over the course of Hickenlooper’s 8 years in office.

Hickenlooper said he doesn’t remember soliciting any of the money himself, “I would sometimes speak to the chamber of commerce or I would speak to the Colorado Association of Nonprofits.”
When asked if he approached certain organizations or private companies directly, Hickenlooper responded, “I can’t think of anything offhand.”

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #584 on: June 12, 2020, 09:58:13 AM »

I'm talking he didn't run for Governor in 2018 and ran for the House one last time.  This year, he'd have run for Senate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2020, 12:34:20 PM »

Say what you will about the Tara Reade allegations, but for John Hickenlooper to say that he "believes" in them and that he still supports Biden is beyond ignorant. This is to say nothing of his ignorance regarding George Floyd's death. I'm definitely not on the Hickenlooper Train now, as much as I was before, but he's still going to defeat Romanoff and Gardner.

Yeah, if I were in Colorado and Hickenlooper got nominated then I'd either leave the race blank or vote third party in this race.  Tbh, the fact that Reade's allegations were clearly false is beside the point.  Hickenlooper - for some bizarre reason - seems to think Biden really is a rapist, but still plans to vote for him and that makes him a horrible person, period.  Hopefully Romanoff sends this clown packing Angry
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #586 on: June 13, 2020, 10:59:04 AM »

This is really pathetic. What kind of strategy is "I believe Joe Biden is a rapist, yes I support said rapist"? Hickenlooper clearly isn't ready for primetime and hopefully Romanoff manages to pull an upset victory- though I doubt it will happen.

That's basically the strategy for anyone who supported Bill Clinton over the years.

Anyways, in news that's relevant to the race...

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/502538-hickenlooper-fined-by-state-ethics-panel-for-violating-gifts-rule-while

Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) was fined a total of $2,750 by a state ethics commission Friday for twice violating a state law in 2018 restricting officials from accepting gifts.

The Independent Ethics Commission fined Hickenlooper, who is running for Senate in Colorado, $2,200 for a flight to Connecticut on a private jet and $550 for accepting a ride in a limousine in Italy.

The Colorado state constitution calls for penalties of twice the amount of gift or item received that violate state law. In the case of the private flight, the panel determined that it was worth $1,100, setting the fine at $2,200. For the limousine ride, the value was set at $275 with the fine being $550.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #587 on: June 13, 2020, 11:14:30 AM »

Wut? At 1st, the ethics issue, now this ridiculous comment? What a trainreck. Maybe better he loses the primary.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #588 on: June 13, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »

Jesus H. Christ. I'm not sure whose unforced errors this week have been worse, Hickenlooper's or Engel's.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #589 on: June 13, 2020, 01:13:58 PM »

Wut? At 1st, the ethics issue, now this ridiculous comment? What a trainreck. Maybe better he loses the primary.

yeah but he was a pretty popular two term gov with a lot of $$ and very high name ID, even with those two massive errors I don't know how he loses
Lognog
United States

« Reply #590 on: June 13, 2020, 01:15:36 PM »

Jesus H. Christ. I'm not sure whose unforced errors this week have been worse, Hickenlooper's or Engel's.

not sure how you can top "I'm only here because I have a primary" to a crowd of people angry at the status quo when you are the incumbent of a primary challenge

or implying AOC is a dictator when he's run with out real opposition for decades
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #591 on: June 13, 2020, 01:28:36 PM »

not sure how you can top "I'm only here because I have a primary" to a crowd of people angry at the status quo when you are the incumbent of a primary challenge

or implying AOC is a dictator when he's run with out real opposition for decades

Yeah, fair enough.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #592 on: June 13, 2020, 02:02:03 PM »

yeah but he was a pretty popular two term gov with a lot of $$ and very high name ID, even with those two massive errors I don't know how he loses

Well I think most, if not all of us, know that Hickenlooper is still a lot more favored to win than not but from the way he's been handling his campaign some of us are just saying that we'd prefer if he lost this primary to Romanoff. However, I'd hesitate on calling this race safe since it's not like Colorado is Maryland and the fact that it's become notably easier for primary challengers to win.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #593 on: June 13, 2020, 02:11:46 PM »

Just Donated to Romanoff God I hope he wins I'll still take Hick over cory any day tho
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #594 on: June 13, 2020, 02:39:46 PM »

Well I think most, if not all of us, know that Hickenlooper is still a lot more favored to win than not but from the way he's been handling his campaign some of us are just saying that we'd prefer if he lost this primary to Romanoff. However, I'd hesitate on calling this race safe since it's not like Colorado is Maryland and the fact that it's become notably easier for primary challengers to win.

The closest similar example I can think of is Blumenthal in 2010 when it was discovered that he lied in multiple cases about his military record. At the end of the day he won comfortably because of a combination of partisan lean of the state, the goodwill accrued during his years as statewide elected official, and an awful opponent. I think the same will happen here.
Some will say that Gardner is an incumbent and not as bad as McMahon. But we also live now in an age with much higher polarization and he has gone full Trump in a state which the latter is expected to lose by double digits.  
Lognog
United States

« Reply #595 on: June 13, 2020, 07:42:37 PM »

I agree with that. I 100% would like to see Romanoff win, but it just seems like such an up hill battle for him. Now that it is a two person race, I would really like to see a good primary poll there
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #596 on: June 14, 2020, 04:09:33 AM »

Meh, come on, Hick, you can do better than that. I'm disappointed in these Reade comments. If you aren't familiar with the stuff, just don't comment on it.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #597 on: June 14, 2020, 09:10:58 AM »

If Romanoff wins I think he'll run in 2024, why? Pure speculation.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #598 on: June 14, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »

Meh, come on, Hick, you can do better than that. I'm disappointed in these Reade comments. If you aren't familiar with the stuff, just don't comment on it.

Seriously. No one asked him.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #599 on: June 14, 2020, 04:44:43 PM »

Seriously. No one asked him.

The interviewer did.  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies