WI: 2018 Secretary of State General Election Result
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:12:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI: 2018 Secretary of State General Election Result
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI: 2018 Secretary of State General Election Result  (Read 619 times)
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2018, 10:59:31 AM »

New Election: 2018 Wisconsin Secretary of State General Election Results

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 11:50:56 AM »

Wow, it's worth noting LaFollette has survived 2010 and 2014 Republican waves in Wisconsin and has usually won by more than 5 points. This time it turns out Tammy Baldwin did better than him, and straight-ticket voting has all the statewide offices within a few points of each other. Jay Schroeder was a joke candidate, so basically, anyone with an R next to their name can get at least 44-45% of the vote in Wisconsin, the extra 2-3% for Schroeder here I will attribute to Walker and his "coattails" if you want to say that.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »

Wow, it's worth noting LaFollette has survived 2010 and 2014 Republican waves in Wisconsin and has usually won by more than 5 points. This time it turns out Tammy Baldwin did better than him, and straight-ticket voting has all the statewide offices within a few points of each other. Jay Schroeder was a joke candidate, so basically, anyone with an R next to their name can get at least 44-45% of the vote in Wisconsin, the extra 2-3% for Schroeder here I will attribute to Walker and his "coattails" if you want to say that.

And it also amazes me how most of the rural counties are voting so heavily Republican now.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 01:04:54 PM »

LaFollette? I thought that that political family was either extinct or irrelevant.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »

Yikes, I didn't realize his last 3 reelections had been so close. I assumed he always cruised by.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies