Does God want us to judge him?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:03:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does God want us to judge him?  (Read 335 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:15:39 PM »

I think that God wants us to judge him. We are to emulate Jesus. Jesus judged God and found him wanting.

Upon taking the judgement seat, Jesus indicated that it was time to retire Yahweh. Jesus saw Yahweh as no longer fit to rule over or judge man. Man had in essence graduated to his rightful place as the judge of all the Gods.

Christians, who are told by their own scriptures to judge righteously, are not doing so when it comes to Yahweh.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Yahweh is quite a vile God. It is no wonder that Yahweh does not show his face around Christians. They would kill him. Jesus did say that he came to bring War. Perhaps he meant war against God, which would be following Jewish tradition.

If God wants us to judge him, why do most Christians not judge God in a righteous and moral manner?

Place no God above me, means that God wants us to judge all the Gods, including himself, to insure he is the best of the best. How else could we know that Yahweh was the best God to follow?

Do you agree, or are we not supposed to judge God?

Regards
DL

°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 12:22:19 PM »

Was Jesus judging God when he said "Why have you forsaken me?"

Certainly the conversion from theist to atheist can (although it doesn't always) come from being angry at "God"... leading to "judging" "God" ... leading saying "God you're fired!" (a kind of atheism, although not the only kind of atheism)

Some people chose rather than to turn away from God, during an existential crisis, to turn to Him more  fully hoping that He can mitigate the pain.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 01:07:19 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2018, 03:45:12 PM by Greatest I am »

Was Jesus judging God when he said "Why have you forsaken me?"

Certainly the conversion from theist to atheist can (although it doesn't always) come from being angry at "God"... leading to "judging" "God" ... leading saying "God you're fired!" (a kind of atheism, although not the only kind of atheism)

Some people chose rather than to turn away from God, during an existential crisis, to turn to Him more  fully hoping that He can mitigate the pain.

Somewhat like Stockholm Syndrome victims.

I should post new O.P. here first as you add a bit of insight and or a new thought to what I put.

Thanks.

Regards
DL
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 01:25:58 PM »

I think of life like the movie the Wizard of Oz (not the book which I have read and although the gist is the same it is still very different)

When Glinda tells Dorothy how she has the power to go home, she says "why didn't you tell me that before" (not an exact quote), Glinda says "you needed to learn that for yourself", so life is like that somehow, we can only seem to learn life's lessons with suffering, sweat, and fears, slowly slowly one painful day at a time.
If a 75 year old tells an extremely troubled 25 year old, "Don't worry in 50 years from now things might get better. I can't promise that they will, but only that they might, so although you may feel hopeless now, there is hope, whether you believe it or not." Do you that would be good news for the 25 year? I think not. It often feels like, when someone says "It's always darkest before the dawn.", that the Fonz may have been closer to the truth, "It's always darkest in the middle of the night."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies