2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:13:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: 2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)  (Read 6063 times)
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 22, 2018, 05:25:28 PM »
« edited: December 23, 2018, 12:36:33 AM by CTConservative »

TURN 1: 2004 Election Game
December 22 - January 4

Republican Party:
Secretary of Defense Colin Powell (GoTfan)
Vice President Dick Cheney (NOTTYLER)
Fmr. Mayor Rudy Giuliani (NMR)
Fmr. Secretary of Transportation Steve Garvey (Jaguar4Life)
Governor John Hoeven (Grassr00ts)
Governor Ernie Fletcher (Adam Evans)
Senator Jim Talent (jakobisgood)
Senator Orrin Hatch (IvorM)

Democratic Party:
Senator Russ Feingold (Ishan)
Senator John Kerry (JacksonHitchcock)
Senator Blanche Lincoln (Mycool)
Governor Howard Dean (Sherrod Brown 2020)
Pastor Fred Phelps (nerd73)
Senator John Edwards (terp40hitch)
Governor Jeanne Shaheen (iBizzBee)
Fmr. Vice President Al Gore (Lincoln Assemblyman Peanut)
Senator Hillary Clinton (NewYorkExpress)

Independents:
Businessman Donald J. Trump/Fmr. General Norman Schwarzkopf (New Tennessee Politician)

The Iowa caucuses will occur when this turn ends. Each party will also hold a debate this turn. The questions are:

A. President George W. Bush has stated that he is not going to pull troops out of Iraq. As President, what will you do about the Iraq War?

B. Guns are a hot topic this season. As President, what will you do about guns?

C. President George Bush has been often seen as “inexperienced””. What experience(s) and qualifications do you have to be President?

If there’s any more questions you want to be asked, just let me know! Donald Trump does NOT have to answer these questions, but he can if he wants.

Good luck everybody!!!
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 08:13:50 PM »

DICK CHENEY DEBATE ANSWERS
“A. President George W. Bush has stated that he is not going to pull troops out of Iraq. As President, what will you do about the Iraq War?”
Well, we are gonna do whatever it takes to defeat Iraq. We will send more troops if we have too, maybe even consider a heavy bombing campaign there!”

“B. Guns are a hot topic this season. As President, what will you do about guns?”
When I’m elected I will do everything in my power to defend the second amendment. It’s about the second amendment people! Everyone should own a gun.

“C. President George Bush has been often seen as “inexperienced””. What experience(s) and qualifications do you have to be President?”
First of all, President Bush has been great. Second, I’ve been involved in public service basically all of my life, and for the past four years I’ve been Vice President. But I held numerous other offices through the years, and I have worked with President Bush in many areas. I think this alone makes me qualified to be President
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 08:53:23 PM »

John Edwards Union Rally in Iowa City, IA on January 2nd, 2004

Elizabeth Edwards: We have launched this campaign to send a fighter to Washington just a few months ago and your welcome has been so warm. Hopefully, it remains warm when we go into the Iowa caucus which is just two months away and we need to win here so we can win this nomination. We are fighting big-name politicians that are not fighting for the working Americans but only for their political legacy. We have politicians like Al Gore and John Kerry who have not spent a day working with normal Americans, just working in politics. It is time, we elect a true leader who is ready on day one to win America back for the Americans working pay check to pay check no matter how hard they work. John is the choice for the hard-working, union Americans and that is why John and I are so proud to be joined here today by the President of the United Steelworkers, Leo Gerold.

Leo W. Gerold, President of the USW: Thank you, Elizabeth. I will get right to the point, President Bush has failed this nation, the Politicians in Washington have failed this nation. We cannot survive four more years of failure and by electing another Republican or nominating a Democrat that is only fighting for their political legacy like Al Gore is not helping us but hurting us. We must have leaders in Washington that are leading our cause, that are fighting for our Union families. That is the leader we deserve and that is the leader we need in Washington. That is the exact reason why I am here today, to endorse a leader who is going to fight for us when he is in the White House. That leader is Senator John Edwards, he has fought for us for the last six years in Congress and will for the next four in the white house.

Edwards truly understands the problem facing our nation, he understands that no matter how long or hard we work we are just barely getting by. He will be a leader that will fight the corporations so they don't continue to hurt our work environment, hurt our paycheck and hurt our families. Edwards truly is the leader for the unions and that is why I and the rest of the United Steelworkers are so proud to endorse the next president of the United States, Senator John Edwards. Now let's give a big union welcomes to John Edwards!

Senator John Edwards (D-NC): Good morning, Iowa! I am so proud to not only be here but also to receive the endorsement of one of the largest unions in the country. Unions aren't only the backbone of the Democratic party but also the nation. If our working class is not succeeding, if they are struggling then our nation is struggling. We must have leaders in Washington willing to stand up to abusive corporations who have imposed their corporate agenda on their workers, I am that leader. I will stand up for you in Washington, I will stand up for workers rights and I will fight big corporations that are openly robbing the American people and being allowed to do it by the Bush administration. With tax cuts that benefit only the rich to regulations that give corporations free rein to take away workers rights, the Bush admisntartion has failed the American people and has failed the American unions.

We need new leadership in the White House, we can't four more years of Republicans agenda that hurts the American people, that is what you will get by electing Dick Cheney. We can't have four more years of aggressive military spending to attack the middle east, by electing Colin Powell, that is what you will get. We can't have four more years of pushover Democrats that bend to the power of the Republicans, that is what we will get by electing Blanche Lincoln. We must have a president who tells the Americans the truth, fights for the American, not the corporation and a leader who will stand up for the basic human rights of its citizens.

I am proud to stand here, not as a senator, but as an American citizen trying to better his country. Help me do so by electing me and voting for me in the Iowa caucus. Thank you, Iowa and the USW for all you do for our country and the trust you have given my campaign to fight for the USW workers and the union workers across this country! Let's go and get to work and with your help let's win Iowa!

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 09:04:24 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2018, 08:29:47 AM by iBizzBee »

Shaheen at first Democratic primary debate; "I stand for a Democratic party that is ready to confidently take on the 21st Century"

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 09:14:05 PM »

Kerry Ad #1 Who can we trust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=F8_Mx4bqxhE

Prior to the Video:

Governor Shaheen stands firmly opposed to the Iraq War? In her debate against Senator Sununu She clearly didn't.

After the video: She claims to not have supported the war, but her own words speak differently.

Paid for by the Committee to elect John Kerry
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 09:59:02 PM »

A New American Dream: John Edwards 2004 Campaign Schedule

*Itlatics=John Edwards' Southern Bus Tour*
December 22nd to 24th: Alabama, Missississippi and Georgia

December 22nd:
McComb, MS: Meet and Greet with African-American Church Leaders
Colombia, MS: Endorsement Rally with Governor Ronnie Musgrove (D-MS)
Jackson, MS: Press Conference with Elizabeth Edwards and Governor Ronnie Musgrove attacking Bush's tax cuts

Macon, AL: Dinner at the local trucker diner
Lee, AL: Late-Night Rally with Edwards' family

December 23rd:

Lee, AL: Townhall with farmers and discuss agriculture subsidies
Montgomery, AL: Interview with the View via Video-Chat
Montgomery, AL: Speech attacking the dramatic rise in the deficit and debt

December 24th:

Columbus, GA: Door to Doors with Volunteers
Atlanta, GA: Rally ending Edwards' Southern Tour

Atlanta, GA: Volunteer at Charity Christmas Dinner
Albany, GA: Christmas Eve Service with a Majority African-American Church

December 25th: North Carolina

December 25th:
Chapel Hill, NC: Rest and Enjoy Christmas with Family

December 26th to 27th: South Carolina

December 26th:
Colombia, SC: Open Edwards for President Field Office
Allendale, SC: Townhall with military veterans to discuss war in the middle east
Ridgeland, SC: Rally with Governor Ronnie Musgrove

December 27th:
Charleston, SC: Speech discussing solutions to education
Greenville, SC: Rally with Teachers and Union Leaders

Colombia, SC: Meet and Greet students at local school
Bamberg, SC: Phonebanking with Bamberg Democratic Party
Bamberg, SC: Speech to the Bamberg Democratic Party

December 28th to 31st: Iowa

December 28th:
Fort Madison, IA: Townhall with Farmers to discuss Ag. Subsidies
Burlington, IA: Door to Door with volunteers
Iowa City, IA: Speech to Students at the Universty of Iowa
Ames, IA: Meet and Greet at Iowa State Universty
Cedar Rapids, IA: Rally at Coe College
Mount Vernon, IA: Meet and Greet at Cornell College

December 29th:
Des Moines, IA: Speech to United Food and Commercial Worker's International Union while they are striking for health care

December 30th:
Des Moines, IA: Open Iowa Field Office
Des Moines, IA: Door to Doors with Volunteers and Staff
Des Moines, IA: Rally in front of Drake Universty

December 31st:
Iowa City, IA: Open Iowa Field Office
Cedar Falls, IA: Speech to the Education Union

Cedar Falls, IA: Meet and Greet with Students at Universty of Northern Iowa

January 1st: South Carolina

January 1st:
Colombia, SC: Meet and Greet at local Grocery Store
Oak Grove, SC: Speech outside local Union Hall
Mt. Pleasant, SC: Meet members of the navy
Georgetown, SC: Rally with the Edwards' family and Governor Ronnie Musgrove

January 2nd to 4th: Iowa

January 2nd:
Iowa City, IA: Endorsement Rally with USW President Leo W. Gerald
Marshalltown, IA: Meet and Greet Union Representatives

January 3rd:
Des Moines, IA: Interview with Des Moines Register
Des Moines, IA: Door to Doors with Volunteers
Ames, IA: GOTV Rally with Union leaders
Ames, IA: Phonebanking with Ames Democratic Party
Fort Dodge, IA: GOTV Rally to Attract Media Attention Ahead of Iowa Caucus

January 4th:
Iowa City, IA: GOTV Rally with College Students
Davenport, IA: Meet and Greet potential voters
Clinton, IA: Give a Speech At Caucus Location
Iowa City, IA: Victory Speech with Elizabeth Edwards and Edwards' family
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 10:12:03 PM »

Jeanne Shaheen Ad # 1
Iowa, NH
Groups focused; Women, Young People, Blue Collar

First part of ad;
https://ytcropper.com/cropped/Bw5c1ef73553a57

Announcers Voice: She's not your everyday politician. You might see her at your local coffee shop or grocer, Jeanne Shaheen is just like you, mother of three Children and Grandchildren on the way.

And while others throw mud, Jeanne Shaheen is focused on fighting for you and a stronger America.

As Governor of the Granite State, she presided over the largest ever expansion of Pre-K and Kindergarten, and fought off Republican attempts to slash the education budget. Now she's campaigning for a government that works for all of us again,

Second Part of ad;
https://ytcropper.com/cropped/Bw5c1ef98d8663a

Paid for by the America Together for Jeanne Shaheen Committee
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 12:33:31 AM »

Forgot to mention, but PM me for endorsements! If the same people ask for the same endorsers, it's first come, first serve.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 12:51:32 AM »

Gov. John Hoeven debate answers:

Hoeven: I've been down there to see whats going on first hand, and the most obvious answer right now is that we need to keep our boots on the ground there. However, we need a new strategy. The administration told us we would have this over with after a few months. That obviously didn't happen. We need to figure out something radically different, and we need to do it right now. We have to finish what we started or we could be setting the stage for some terrorist group to seize control and use that against us. We need a new strategy.

As president, I will fully protect the 2nd amendment. The right to bear arms is one of the founding principles of our republic. The democrats, and some republicans, blindly support "gun control" in the name of safety. A criminal breaks the law, do you think a criminal will stop at a "no guns here" sticker? No! But he will stop when a barrel is pointed directly at his head. Guns make America safe, not gun control.

I was a police officer, helping out civilians after tornadoes, helping to crack down on crime and drugs. I was the chair of the bank of North Dakota, and it's success proves my financial qualifications. So far, my governorship has gone really well. I believe I am more than experienced enough to be commander and chief.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 01:04:55 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2018, 07:26:13 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Hillary Clinton debate answers

1.Let's be honest about why we invaded Iraq. It had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction, as none have been found, but removing Saddam Hussein from power. Now that this has been accomplished, I see no reason for American troops to be in Iraq, and I would instead increase our troop presence in Afghanistan, where we are in danger of losing that war, and where we have yet to find Osama Bin Laden.

2.Groups like the NRA have to learn that gun control does not equal taking away guns. That is what is not permitted by the second amendment, not common sense restrictions like banning certain types of guns, and banning people on the terrorism watch list from having guns in the first place.

3. I would argue that my combined experience as the most powerful First Lady in history, and almost four years as a U.S Senator are more total experience than Senator Lincoln or Senator Edwards's almost six years as Senator. And don't get me started about Governor Fletcher, who may have six years as a Congressman, but he just got elected Governor...or Mayor Giuliani, who only can hang his hat on 9/11 as relevant national experience. And Pastor Phelps or Mr. Trump? They literally have no experience in national politics at all!

So, in conclusion, while I'm not the most experienced candidate running...I have more experience than half the field, in both parties, and people who doubt me should remember that.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 01:14:11 AM »

New Endorsements for Senator Clinton

Former President of the United States Bill Clinton (D-AR)

Former Governor Ann Richards (D-TX)

President Clinton will be campaigning in Iowa, Governor Richards will be campaigning in Iowa and Texas.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 02:24:45 AM »

National Organization for Women (NOW) endorses Jeanne Shaheen for President!
NOW President Kim Gandy speaks in Manchester, NH

The preeminent organization fighting for Women's rights in the United States, the National Organization for Women, made a surprise endorsement of Governor Jeanne Shaheen today in a hotly contested Democratic primary. The endorsement came despite the presence of two other women in the race, Senators Blanche Lincoln and former First Lady and Senator from New York Hillary Clinton. The President of NOW, Kim Gandy, released this statement to the press --

Over the next two weeks NOW will begin the effort to organize in Iowa and New Hampshire, launching the 'VoteNOW' campaign. They will focus on turning out the vote for Jeanne with both women and young people, as well as engaging in door-to-door, campaign flyer, yard sign and phone banking efforts.

Iowa Attorney General, Tom Miller endorses Shaheen
Tom Miller in Waterloo, IA: "She's easily the most qualified of the field, and focused on the issues that matter"
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 03:01:05 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2019, 11:47:29 PM by Lumine »

A. President George W. Bush has stated that he is not going to pull troops out of Iraq. As President, what will you do about the Iraq War?

God's wrath is upon us for embracing the *** agenda, and God's killing and maiming these soldiers, sending them back in body bags, and it's only going to get worse if we don't stop our slide towards embracing the *** right now. If elected president, I will win the war in Iraq by turning this nation back towards God by treating **** the way they should be treated. For 6000 years we were calling them ******* and putting them on the chair, but then we betrayed the Bible and embraced them and now look where we are?

B. Guns are a hot topic this season. As President, what will you do about guns?

Gun violence is on the rise because we betrayed God's will. We began embracing ******* and other sins like adultery, abortion, and divorce. God will continue to hate us until we firmly step away and begin giving these people the harsh punishment they deserve.

C. President George Bush has been often seen as “inexperienced””. What experience(s) and qualifications do you have to be President?

I am an experienced lawyer and a faithful Baptist who has fought sin for decades. How many people can say that?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 03:44:35 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2019, 08:19:05 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton

December 22, 2003

Speech in Ankeny, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

I've longed dreamed that I would be the first female President of the United States...but if isn't me, I suppose I can happily settle for Senator Lincoln, or Governor Shaheen. I mean, the goal is making history right? It doesn't matter who is first, as long as someone is, right?

Meet Voters in Polk City, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Pleasant Hill, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech at Metro Ice Sports Arena, Urbandale, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

I'm to believe the NHL is having financial problems, and the fighting between the union and the ownership may lead to either a strike or the lockout of the players next season? Well, obviously, I'm all for a deal being reached before next season, and I'll remind both owners and players that whatever you do, doesn't just affect fans in one country, it affects fans in two. I don't believe Hockey fans, either here or in Canada will be particularly pleased if there is labor unrest in their sport.

Meet Voters in Van Meter, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

December 23, 2003

Meet Voters in Adel, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Waukee, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech in Clive, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Look, I know I voted for the No Child Left Behind Act, but you know, when only two other Democrats are voting against it, it is hard to vote no. However, we have now seen that this doesn't work. Expecting one hundred percent of students to be successful was and is a fallacy, and as President, I will submit legislation to Congress to replace the No Child Left Behind Act with something more realistic.

Speech in Altoona, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

People are still trying to cast blame for Vice President Gore's loss in 2000. They say he picked the wrong running mate, or that he didn't expand the map well enough, but I've got a different theory. My husband left office popular-he had approval ratings of close to seventy percent when he left office. So when the Vice President decided distance himself from my husband, presumably because of Monica and all of the other women that have come up over the years, I believe he was making a huge mistake. The voters didn't really care that much about my husband's sexual improprieties, as his Vice President won the popular vote, and came within five hundred sixty seven votes from winning the Electoral College. If Vice President Gore had embraced my husband and his record, he would be running for reelection today, I have no doubt about it.

December 24, 2003

Meet Voters in Windsor Heights, Iowa

Christmas Eve Holiday Party with neighbors, Chappaqua, New York.

December 25, 2003

Rest with friends and family, Chappaqua, New York

December 26, 2003

Attend Motor City Bowl, Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan

Meet Voters in Bondurant, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

December 27, 2003

Meet Voters in Grimes, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech in West Des Moines, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed in the Bush Administration. They lied to Congress about the rationale for going to war in Iraq, and they have continued to mislead us about said rationale, as well as just how long American troops will be there. This nothing short of a high crime and misdemeanor for both President Bush and Vice President Cheney. On top of that, someone in the White House, likely either Vice President Cheney or President Bush, ordered the leaking of a CIA operative's name and undercover work to get revenge at her husband for not backing them up in rushing to war against Iraq.This is is also a high crime and misdemeanor for both Bush and Cheney. As such, should an impeachment trial for either or both come up in the Senate before the elections, I will be voting to convict them. In addition, should Cheney win in November, I will put pressure on my colleagues in the House to impeach him for his role in these high crimes and misdemeanors, and I will vote to convict him in any impeachment trial should it come to that.

Meet Voters in Milo, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Winterset, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech in Boone, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

So, I feel like we are making history with three serious female candidates running for President...and after one of us breaks that glass ceiling, I think that Obama fellow running for Senate in Illinois would make an excellent President eight years from now, actually, if we want to break another barrier then. He's got an excellent backstory, he's already taken positions on the campaign trail that are in line with our party and, while it's yet to be proven, I believe he has the talent to win nationally.

December 28, 2003

Meet Voters in Huxley, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Nevada, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Story City, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

December 29, 2003

Debate, Des Moines, Iowa (OOC: The date/location are placeholders, because I had to put it somewhere on the calendar. If you want me to move it/remove it, let me know in the OOC thread or by PM)

December 30, 2003

Meet Voters in Webster City, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Stratford, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech in Fort Dodge, Iowa`(With Bill Clinton)

I remember back when we were trying to release our Health Care plan, the Republicans in Congress kept moving the goalposts on us, making it impossible for us to pass anything. So, as much as I would like to pass a health care plan that covers everyone, we have to keep in mind that Republicans, and the Pharmaceutical Companies, will want to as many people not on insurance as possible, and will move the goals, and rewrite the bill again and again to ensure that this happens.

December 31, 2003

Meet Voters in Badger, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters, Rockwell City, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Push Ceremonial Button for New Year's Eve Ball Drop, Times Square, New York (With Michael Bloomberg-in capacity as Mayor of New York City- he has not endorsed Clinton)

January 1, 2004

Attend Cotton Bowl Classic, Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas (With Ann Richards)

January 2, 2004

GOTV/Robocalls in Iowa

January 3, 2004

GOTV in Iowa
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 07:02:44 AM »

Opening Statement

I served in the United States Navy, I was awarded the Bronze and Silver Star in Service to our nation in the war in Vietnam. I lost brothers in that war. I don't want more American boys to be lost in a war that our politicians lied to us about. George Bush lied to the American people in the lead up to the invasion of Iraq. He told all of us there were weapons of mass destruction there. and there weren't.

Under a Kerry Administration there will be a defense of American Liberalism. A cutdown in wasteful spending, and a tax cut for those who need it the middle class. We will protect American workers by strengthening the thing that works for them the most, Labor Unions.

The Democratic Party is not a party of Liberals or Moderates. It is a party of all Americans who want to see this nation rise up, and reach new global heights. Instead of toppling down into the support of Anarchy and Oligarchy.

The Iraq war was sold to the United States, as a noble crusade against those who wished to destroy America with fire and brimstone. Now we know that is not true. When I voted for the Iraq War, I was told there were Weapons of Mass Destruction. I was also told that those weapons could be used to kill Americans. We know now, the Bush Administration lied to us.

I see it no differently then when I was in the Vietnam War, President Johnson told us the North Vietnamese were constantly on their last legs and that it would only be a few more months until American troops rode into Hanoi to liberate it. He lied, just as President Bush is lying now. The War in Vietnam was unsustainable, as is the War in Iraq.

I promise you all here right now, that by the end of my first term in office. There will be no American troops on the ground in Iraq. If any of my opponents would like to attack me on the fact that I voted in favor of the war, I would just like to say. I went with what I knew then and what I thought would save American lives. When I was awarded my Silver Star for my efforts in the Vietnam War, it was for saving American lives, and for valor.

Vice President Gore, was there in Vietnam. He knows what it was like, and he served as a true patriot. We need to know what we are doing to these young men and women. I saw things in Vietnam that were indescribably awful, I lost friends and brothers in that war. We need to focus on saving American lives by getting out of Iraq, before we are drug into another Vietnam.

My plan to combat gun violence is quite simple, we need to institute Universal Background checks, and renew the assault weapons ban passed by President Clinton. We also need to invest in teaching children about the dangers of firearms. I am not against gun owners, I am against gun violence. I think all of my fellow Democrats will agree with me on that one.

Just as Governor Shaheen said, So, despite what about half of you think out there, Democrats aren't here to take your guns. We're the party of common sense in this time of great division and polarization. I myself am a proud gun owner and veteran. I just see the need for common sense regulation to protect our children and our future.

My experience to be the next President of the United States, I served our country in the Vietnam war as the a swift boat commander and was awarded a silver star and a bronze star with valor for my efforts. I then joined an organization called VVAW which was Veterans against the War in Vietnam. I testified in front of the United States Senate The body I am now a member of.

I am the son of a hardworking family from Massachusetts and the father of two daughters and the husband to my wife. The experience I have to become our next President, is my service to my country in the United States Military. Along with my time in the United States Senate.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 07:29:34 AM »

John Kerry Campaign Schedule

December 22nd:

December 23rd:
Rally in Des Moines with Senator Tom Harkin
Door Knock in Suburban areas across the state.
Meet with Leaders of the African American Community in the State

December 24th:
Des Moines, IA: Door to Doors with Volunteers
Davenport, IA: Rally with Governor Vilsack
Des Moines, IA: Volunteer at Charity Christmas Dinner with Governor Vilsack and Senator Harkin
Attend Christmas Services with my family and wife in Boston.

December 25th: Massachusetts

December 26th-January 1st

December 26th:
Des Moines, IA: Open Kerry for President Field Office
Davenport, IA: Townhall with military veterans to discuss war in the middle east and my service in Vietnam
Sioux City, IA: Rally with Governor Vilsack

December 27th:
Des Moines, IA: Speech discussing solutions to education
Des Moines, IA: Rally with Teachers and Union Leaders

Des Moines, IA: Speech to the University of Iowa
Davenport, IA: Phonebanking with Davenport Democratic Party
Des Moines, IA: Speech to the Des Moines Democratic Party

December 28th to 31st: Iowa

December 28th:
Fort Madison, IA: Townhall with Farmers to discuss Ag. Subsidies
Burlington, IA: Door to Door with volunteers
Iowa City, IA: Speech to Students at the Universty of Iowa
Ames, IA: Meet and Greet at Iowa State Universty
Cedar Rapids, IA: Rally at Coe College
Mount Vernon, IA: Meet and Greet at Cornell College

December 29th:
Des Moines, IA: Speech about the Postive effects of Ethanol subsidies.
Ames, IA: Video Chat with Moveon.org
Des Moines, IA: Meet with prominent state legislatures of both parties.

December 30th:
Des Moines, IA: Registering effort in Des Moines Suburbs
Des Moines, IA: Door to Doors with Volunteers and Staff
Des Moines, IA: Rally in front of Drake Universty

December 31st:
Iowa City, IA: Volunteer at a New Years Dinner
Cedar Falls, IA: Speech to the Teachers Union
Cedar Falls, IA: Meet and Greet with Students at Universty of Northern Iowa

January 1st: Iowa

January 1st:
Des Moines, Iowa: Meet and Greet at local Grocery Store
Ames, Iowa: Speech outside local Union Hall
Iowa City, Iowa: Meet members of the navy
Iowa City, Iowa: Dinner with supporters (25$ per person)

January 2nd to 4th: Iowa

January 2nd:
Iowa City, IA: Campaigning with Governor Vilsack and Senator Harkin
Marshalltown, IA: Governor Vilsack meets withs local Democratic Leaders while Senator Harkin gives a speech at a Union Hall.

January 3rd:
Des Moines, IA: Interview with Des Moines Register
Des Moines, IA: Door to Doors with Volunteers Senator Harkin campaigns in the suburbs and exurban areas
Ames, IA: GOTV Rally with Union Leaders, Senator Harkin's staff, and Governor Vilsacks staff.
Ames, IA: Phonebanking with Ames Democratic Party
Fort Dodge, IA: Rent 2 dozen buses across Iowa to bus people to the polls focusing on largly suburban areas in Iowa.

January 4th:
Iowa City, IA: GOTV Rally with College Students
Davenport, IA: Meet and Greet potential voters
Clinton, IA: Give a Speech At Caucus Location

GOTV Strategy
  • Focus on getting the Youth vote out, by Senator Kerry Specifically College Students .
  • Governor Vilsack will work with his staff to focus on getting the rural vote out in most of Western and Central Iowa
Senator Harkin will focus on driving turnout in the exurban and suburban parts of the state he will be all over Suburban and Urban Iowa before the caucus likewise with Governo Vilsack as they are both highly popular Democratic Politicians.[/list]
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 07:42:52 AM »

Shaheen launches campaign in Des Moines, IA

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 09:38:28 AM »

Vice-President Gore's Debate Answers

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 09:41:21 AM »

John Edwards Debating Democrats: Our country has a new American dream coming and I am going to deliver it for America

1. I made a mistake voting to approve of the resolution to put us into the war. I ask the American people not to blame me or Senator Clinton or Senator Kerry or anyone that voted for the resolution for the terrible war in Iraq except President Bush. To pass this highly partisan war, President Bush lied to senators, lied to representatives and lied to the American people. The war in Iraq is a mistake and was a mistake from the very beginning. As president, I would start to withdraw troops from Iraq but we must look at the sitiuon first, we cannot leave the middle east in chaos as we did in the 1980s and we definitely cannot leave before all our troops are safe.

Our first priority should be to our troops that are risking their lives for lies spread the President and the vice-president to spread their dangerous agenda. Our second priority is to stabilizing the middle east before we leave so terrorism doesn't rise out of the fall of a country. In the end, I want to see our boys come home.

2. We must protect our future generation. We had five school shootings in 2000 alone and lost four of our most innocent lives. Since 2000, that number has only grown and we lose more and more students to it ever year. This is a national tragedy and what is worse is the Republican party being bought and sold by the NRA on the gun issue, that is why we never see reform. That is why we continue to see our children being killed why they are just trying to learn. I am going to bring reform to the gun issue while also protecting gun rights.

In Iowa and around the country, people use their guns safely and I don't want to take their guns away. I want them to do what they are already doing, using their right's safely. The reforms I am bringing is one that will take away guns from people who mean to cause harm and to protect our gun owners that are using their guns responsibly.

3. The American people sent us a clear message in 2000, the experience isn't always a good thing. The American people elected an outsider, someone who didn't know Washington and rejected Mr. Gore who had the experience. I have experience in Washington, I understand how to get things down but I promise to all the American voters, that I am no Washington insider. I am an outsider ready to fight for the working class you have struggled under the control of Washington insiders like John Kerry, Al Gore, and Hillary Clinton.

America wanted change in 2000 and they still want a change from the insider system in Washington that has allowed politicians to stop fighting for their voters and start only fighting for their political legacy. I am a fighter for the working class, the union family, the teacher, the farmer and as an outsider, I am going to deliver a New American Dream. Our country has a new American dream coming and I am going to deliver it for America. No, insider will be able to. We have let them control Washington for decades and no change has come. The American Dream has faded away under them. They are the reason that corporations are making billions while working familys are living pay-check to pay-check. When I am in the White House, I am going to change that. I promise you that if you work hard then you will be able to live well.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 10:57:44 AM »

The following ad airs nationwide

Vice President Cheney ordered the leaking of a CIA Undercover Operative's status and employment to the media as vengeance for her husband's belief that Saddam Hussein was not pursuing Uranium in Africa. This can only be called a High Crime and Misdemeanor and is an impeachable offense under the Constitution.

Call your Congressman and Senator to demand the removal of Vice President Cheney from office.

The previous was a paid ad from Hillary Clinton for President

The following ad airs in Iowa, Michigan, South Carolina and Nevada

Al Gore talks the talk on Global Warming and Climate Change, but he doesn't walk the walk. He flies around in luxury jets, drives expensive cars, eats meat, and uses extreme amounts of electricity. Is that really the actions of someone trying to save the environment?

Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President

The following ad airs in New Hampshire

In six years as Governor, Jeanne Shaheen never released her tax returns. What has she got to hide? The answer must be a whole lot.

Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2018, 12:53:49 PM »

Steve Garvey debate answers part 1

1.I think my main foreign policy goal has to be Afghanistan which is what I want to focus on.  I wanna focus on liberating the Afghan people from the Taliban government and drive Al-Qaeda out of the area and focus on getting Osama Bin Laden then bringing the troops back home. At the same time I will make sure there are troops are able to come how.

I will make sure to get all the remaining troops out of Iraq however at the same time send aide and men to help fight and train Iraq resistance fighters in the area.

2.I don’t think guns in Amercia are the problem. Just because a few wackos go on some killing spree doesn’t mean that all gun owners are like that.  I think it is a mental health issue and as President I will make sure to protect the right of the 2nd amendment.  I want to strength stand your ground laws and protect the majority of law abiding gun owners.  I am all for strengthening backgrounds check but at the same time that doesn’t mean that we should start restricting rights for weapons and ways to get them for sane logical law abiding gun owners which I believe is the majority of this country.

3.I respect and admire President Bush however I am not running as a second term for him.  I have helped him through the past 2 years making our economy is strong and make sure we are less dependent on foreign oil and make sure that we have the best infrastructure in the world.  But these days Bush seems just be focused on Iraq and that’s it. Nothing more nothing less and I strong am not in favor of that.

However with that being said I will continue on with the good things he has going for him.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 03:36:37 PM »

Russ Debate Questions

1. I support the withdrawal of troops in Iraq in a reasonable timetable as we already invaded Iraq and found Hussain.  Every other US Senator voted with Bush to disturb people's privacy and Hillary and both John's voted for the war.

2.  I support the Assault Weapons Ban and I support some common sense regulations on guns like gun buying ban on a gun show and like that.

3.   I was a United States Senator from 1993 to now for almost 11 years, a State Senator for 10 years and a lawyer for 5 years and I am proud to help Wisconsin and the US for around 24 years.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »

RUSS FOR PRESIDENT
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »

A New American Dream: John Edwards For President Advertisment
Real Americans
Bought in Iowa, South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Missouri

John Kerry, Al Gore, Russ Feingold. These are not real Americans, they are politicians who have spent their lives in politics but they are able to make the decision who affect real Americans

Under the leadership of Gore, Kerry, and Feingold. The American people have suffered, they are living pay-check to pay-check

I am John Edwards. I didn't spend my life in politics and I am going to fight for the real Americans. I believe the real Americans need a new American dream so if you work hard, you can make it in this country. I will be the fighter to bring the new American dream to the real Americans across this country working day-in and day-out

Pay For Buy A New American Dream: John Edwards For President
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 06:20:46 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2018, 06:54:49 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

This ad aired nationwide during the last and first weeks of 2003 and 2004, respectively.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies