SB 8606: Civil Rights Cold Case Records Collection Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:16:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 8606: Civil Rights Cold Case Records Collection Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 8606: Civil Rights Cold Case Records Collection Act (Debating)  (Read 1781 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: December 29, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »

Just so that the matter is noted and since Lumine has not yet noticed this, I would point out in his stead that this would likely fall into the category of bills containing instructions for cabinet members that will likely never be implemented.

I do try not to meddle unless necessary since I'm not a Senator, but yes, this does seem to fall into the category of bills which draw too much from RL without that much regard for gameplay, even if this bill does significantly improve on past efforts - as it appears not to actually mandate the Archivist. It also mandates a lot of the office of the Attorney General, an office vacated just recently and with a questionable history in terms of performance lately.

I won't say whether the Senate should or should not pass this considering the issue is sensitive and further action on Civil Rights and its history is an important issue to talk about, but I have to wonder how useful is to copy or replicate RL legislation that isn't exactly workable in terms of Atlasian gameplay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies