Germany plans mosque tax to combat political Islam from abroad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:25:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Germany plans mosque tax to combat political Islam from abroad
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Germany plans mosque tax to combat political Islam from abroad  (Read 960 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2018, 03:22:00 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mosque-tax-to-combat-foreign-meddling-b785fr2hc

Good, as a first step. But Germany and all other European countries need to crack down really hard on any Saudi, Turk etc. influence from abroad at the same time !

If this works, Europeans need to get rid of religion altogether and become atheists or agnostic.

Religion is dangerous and needs to be weeded out.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 03:44:49 AM »

More accurate headline: Germany to normalize Islam by giving it the same tax and spend powers as existing Christian and Jewish groups.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 03:50:11 AM »

... I don't get it. Germans get taxed because of their religion (Jewish, Christian or Muslim) and these taxes go to mosques or churches or synagouges? Wtf is this?

In any case, mosques, churches and synagouges, or any religious organizations that make profit, should be taxed, and these taxes should go to the government like any other tax.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 03:52:09 AM »

More accurate headline: Germany to normalize Islam by giving it the same tax and spend powers as existing Christian and Jewish groups.

Yeah, but political Islam still needs to be fought hard, despite that "normalisation". The Saudis, Turks etc. will probably still find creative ways to sneak their money and influence to Germany and elsewhere in Europe, just like the mafia is doing with drugs. Political Islam from abroad remains a plague and we will need to remain vigilant for the decades to come.

Only if Islam in Europe moves away from its current radicalisation to a really liberal version, can we take a sigh of relief. Then we can start the process of getting rid of religion completely (and with it the state subsidy in the form of tax-collection).

I once also paid Church Tax for a short period, but then quit the Church and stopped paying it. The state should not collect taxes to subsidize religion, which is a form of collective brainwashing.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 11:11:03 AM »

The current radicalization of the Islamic youth can be fixed by two methods;

1) Put investments on social and civic programs to get these kids good priorities, living standards, jobs, etc. it wouldn’t diverge much from the welfare state currently in place and can be just put as a strengthened policy for all disaffected youth.

2) Cut off funding for religious organizations from foreign sources. The areas that have issues with radicals also coincidentally have mosques funded by the Saudi government or other likeminded private donors. Keeping it local, or if you wish for the government to aide all religious establishments, prevents the strand of Wahhabism from entering Europe’s door.

Either way, this development is a nice one, only shame is that the tax should be higher and it should be a standard everywhere. Lord knows that the tax revenue generated here would be put to fine use away from these megachurches.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »

2) Cut off funding for religious organizations from foreign sources. The areas that have issues with radicals also coincidentally have mosques funded by the Saudi government or other likeminded private donors. Keeping it local, or if you wish for the government to aide all religious establishments, prevents the strand of Wahhabism from entering Europe’s door.

This should become a Europe-wide policy.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »

Boy this thread reminds me of why I made this thread a little while back https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=309408.0
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 01:50:32 PM »

... I don't get it. Germans get taxed because of their religion (Jewish, Christian or Muslim) and these taxes go to mosques or churches or synagouges? Wtf is this?

In any case, mosques, churches and synagouges, or any religious organizations that make profit, should be taxed, and these taxes should go to the government like any other tax.
Much of continental Europe has public funding of religious groups. Even France uses public money to fund the maintenance of Catholic churches built before 1905.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_tax#Germany

The problem here isn't specifically that old men with funny headwear are rolling in the bling. It's that hostile foreign governments are funding mosques and influencing Germans in Germany. So the best way to counter this is to create a local revenue stream for local mosques.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 05:03:20 PM »

The current radicalization of the Islamic youth can be fixed by two methods;

1) Put investments on social and civic programs to get these kids good priorities, living standards, jobs, etc. it wouldn’t diverge much from the welfare state currently in place and can be just put as a strengthened policy for all disaffected youth.

Either way, this development is a nice one, only shame is that the tax should be higher and it should be a standard everywhere. Lord knows that the tax revenue generated here would be put to fine use away from these megachurches.

100% agreed. It bothers me that there are so many self-proclaimed 'liberals' out there providing political cover for theocrats under the guise of combating Islamophobia. A fear of the growth of fundamentalist Islam is a rational fear, just as much as with any other dogmatic belief system.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 05:57:21 PM »

Hasn't this been in the works for years, but sectarian bickering has meant there is no central body for Muslims to begin with? Could be wrong there.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 07:57:31 PM »

Yeah, it happens in Switzerland too but you can opt out. So I had to fill in some forms for HR recently, one of the questions in the tax section was something along the lines of "what confession are you?". I just wrote in "none" which reduces my tax bill as I'm not paying the church tax
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 12:46:00 AM »

This is stupid, because Germany's religion taxes in general are stupid.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies