Kentucky 2003 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:18:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kentucky 2003 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kentucky 2003  (Read 27895 times)
rbt48

« on: November 10, 2003, 11:49:21 PM »

Say, does anyone know when Kentucky elects its state legislators?  Neither the State Senate nor State House of Representatives were up for election this year.  Perhaps they are elected for 4 year terms 2 years after the governorship election, but I do not know the answer.
rbt48

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 04:56:51 PM »

Demrepdan,
My thanks to you for your thorough research.  When I was in college at U Ky in the late 60s (the last time they elected a Republican to the governorship, by the way), the legislative elections were held in odd numbered years.  It is interesting that they moved them to even numbered years, but I am sure it has improved turnout, especially for the vote that used to occur mid-way between governorship races.  I also recall that they used to elect about twice as many cabinet offices as they do today.

It is interesting how the partisan balance of the two chambers is so starkly different.  (http://www.ncsl.org/ncsldb/elect98/partcomp.cfm?yearsel=2003)  It is kind of like New York in terms of the magnitude of the difference.
rbt48

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 10:57:39 PM »

If Bush can't carry Virginia in 2004, he might as well close up shop.  Even Ford carried Virginia, the only Southern state Carter lost that year (1976).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies