Is God’s plan on track? Were we created to be sinners?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:49:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is God’s plan on track? Were we created to be sinners?  (Read 752 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 29, 2018, 10:03:49 AM »

Many think that God has a plan for all of us sinners, a perfect plan actually, to get as many of us into heaven as possible. Even all of us, if God is as perfect as some say he is. No God worth the title would have it any other way.

God's plan can never go off track or be fouled as that would show a weakness in God and his ability to plan perfectly.

The above being irrefutable, if there is a God and a plan, indicates that this reality is the best that Yahweh can accomplish?

It is interesting that scriptures say that to backslide is evil, while it ignores that if there is a plan in place, then the world is in it’s best possible form. Scriptures that show a backsliding God and world must be wrong.

Thanks to God’s plan, we are living in perfection. To think otherwise would be seeing God get a fail on maintaining the initial perfection of creation.

In the beginning, all was perfect. That perfection cannot be allowed to backslide if there is a God.

Do you see God as a backslider or a God whose plan is running along in a perfect way?

Sing the hymn with me of Adam’s sin. It says that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to God’s plan.

Were we created to be sinners?

Regards
DL
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:09:16 AM »

Many think that God has a plan for all of us sinners, a perfect plan actually, to get as many of us into heaven as possible. Even all of us, if God is as perfect as some say he is. No God worth the title would have it any other way.

God's plan can never go off track or be fouled as that would show a weakness in God and his ability to plan perfectly.

The above being irrefutable, if there is a God and a plan, indicates that this reality is the best that Yahweh can accomplish?

It is interesting that scriptures say that to backslide is evil, while it ignores that if there is a plan in place, then the world is in it’s best possible form. Scriptures that show a backsliding God and world must be wrong.

Thanks to God’s plan, we are living in perfection. To think otherwise would be seeing God get a fail on maintaining the initial perfection of creation.

In the beginning, all was perfect. That perfection cannot be allowed to backslide if there is a God.

Do you see God as a backslider or a God whose plan is running along in a perfect way?

Sing the hymn with me of Adam’s sin. It says that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to God’s plan.

Regards
DL

I don't believe that we were created to be sinners.
Are you familiar with "A Course in Miracles"?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2018, 10:47:44 AM by Athine's Brain »

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/brandan-robertson/4-teachings-of-jesus-that_b_6343320.html

An interesting pov.

Bill Maher's explication is interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAvDtPz33w0

"Jesus lays on that hippy stuff pretty thick"
"It's in that book when you scream at Gay People"
"It's like joining Greenpeace and hating Whales"
"I can say that because I'm a non Christian, just like most Christians"

The Dhammapada gets it right
All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him, as the wheel follows the foot of the ox that draws the carriage.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/sbe10/sbe1003.htm

Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 09:38:18 AM »

Regards
DL

No.

If not created to be sinners as this quote says we are, then how much of the bible do you actually literally believe?

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

This notion may also be why God says he hated Esau even in the womb.

Further, if we are not created to be sinners, how is it that we do not have any who are not sinners?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 09:41:38 AM »

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/brandan-robertson/4-teachings-of-jesus-that_b_6343320.html

An interesting pov.

Bill Maher's explication is interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAvDtPz33w0

"Jesus lays on that hippy stuff pretty thick"
"It's in that book when you scream at Gay People"
"It's like joining Greenpeace and hating Whales"
"I can say that because I'm a non Christian, just like most Christians"

The Dhammapada gets it right
All that we are is the result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him, as the wheel follows the foot of the ox that draws the carriage.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/sbe10/sbe1003.htm

Many recognize the hypocrisy of most theists, especially of the revealed supernaturalstupid based religions like Christianity and Islam.

Regards
DL
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 01:59:41 PM »

If Gnosticism isn't a revealed religion, what is it, random scribbling you post to self-justify whatever you want to do?
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2019, 02:41:24 PM by Gustaf »

If Gnosticism isn't a revealed religion, what is it, random scribbling you post to self-justify whatever you want to do?

It is a creed of perpetual seekers who have not settled for an invisible guy in the sky.

That alone makes it better than the revealed religions and their spernaturalstupid thinking.

Regards
DL
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 04:00:29 PM »

Just because people here for the most part no longer find you amusing because your shtick has gotten stale is no reason to start spewing vulgarities.

You act as if the thing you seek most is not enlightenment but attention.  If so, I pity you, because while there are many paths of enlightenment that can lead to sustained fulfillment, no one yet has been able to make attention lead to sustained fulfillment.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 09:02:04 PM »

You thought I was discussing you?

Perish the thought!

No, I was discussing the idea of how to find sustained fulfillment. You weren't the subject of my previous post, but your actions here provided an example of how to not find it.

Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 04:48:08 PM »

Regards
DL

If “A Course in Miracles” is a book, he won’t be familiar with it. He doesn’t read books.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 04:46:24 PM »

Armageddon is upon us, the earth will end, eventually. Man wasmt meant to live forever. So, death is the price you pay for sin.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 12:46:02 PM »

Armageddon is upon us, the earth will end, eventually. Man wasmt meant to live forever. So, death is the price you pay for sin.

We all die for sure, naturally. To say we die because of our sins is showing a mental condition or blind spot that denies nature will kill you whether you sin or not.

Babies die. How many sinner babies do you know?

Regards
DL
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies